General Managers Keeper League

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:52 pm

Per Sykes, add the following players to the available players list

Chone Figgins
Randy Wolf
Luke Hochevar

Sykes is also promoting Ike Davis and Austin Jackson.

I'm allowing these in light of the weather situation in the Northeast, where there's been intermittant power outages and bad weather. Which might explain why guys back east like Niners, Cubit, Sykes and others could have difficulty today. We'll play it by ear, but know both Cubit and especially Bill are getting hit hard today.
kaviksdad

Postby Ninersphan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:59 pm

[quote:2deee71b9e="kaviksdad"]Per Sykes, add the following players to the available players list

Chone Figgins
Randy Wolf
Luke Hochevar

Sykes is also promoting Ike Davis and Austin Jackson.

I'm allowing these in light of the weather situation in the Northeast, where there's been intermittant power outages and bad weather. Which might explain why guys back east like Niners, Cubit, Sykes and others could have difficulty today. We'll play it by ear, but know both Cubit and especially Bill are getting hit hard today.[/quote:2deee71b9e]

Uh I have NO idea what weather you are speaking of, I had to work this mroning and just got home. the weather here in Buffalo is Sunshine and Blue skies, It's cold, but it's early March, so that's to be expected. :wink:

If I'm up, give a few and I'll post my pick... I checked the chat thread first...
Ninersphan

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:01 pm

That's funny Bill - on the radio this morning they were talking to someone in upstate NY that just got a couple feet of snow.

I didn't hear a repeat did I?
kaviksdad

Postby Ninersphan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:01 pm

Not only am I not up, I'm not scheduled to be up in the first round, I don't remeber that though, have to check the spreadhseet, I hate when I forget I made trades :cry:
Ninersphan

Postby Ninersphan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:10 pm

[quote:d7fa0f850d="kaviksdad"]That's funny Bill - on the radio this morning they were talking to someone in upstate NY that just got a couple feet of snow.

I didn't hear a repeat did I?[/quote:d7fa0f850d]

Well, lemme explain how this works, New York is BIG freaking stae, ONly Texas and Cali, have more landmass. Unfortunalty the media slant is that EVERYTHING north of Poughkeepise is considered "Upstate" and worse cow country. The fact is, there's the Capital Region, near Albany on the eastern Edge of the state; Central NY, where I was born and Raised, Syracuse being the "major" city there; Western NY where I now live, encompassing Rochester/Buffalo and environs; and theres the Adirondack region in the North Eastern corner of the state, where Lake Placid is located, which is it's own little world. The weather in all these places is rarely the same on the same day, due to lake Erie, lake Ontario and the Adirondacks.

So when you here "upstate" New York, in a nataional news broadcast, especially one coming from New York City they are likely refering to the area norht of Poughkeepsie and into the capital region in the South eastern corner of the state. Occasionlay they will use Upsate when they should say Central, which is likely in the case you mentioned, Syracuse being the Snow Capital of the country. ( More annual snow than Anchorage Alaska, look it up.)
If you hear Western NY, then you can panic for me, Central, for my family.

Here endth the geography/weather lesson. :D
Last edited by Ninersphan on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ninersphan

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:14 pm

Ok, you're the "lake effect" guy... I got it
kaviksdad

FYI Cubit may take some time

Postby qksilver69 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:34 pm

I emailed him a shorthand list of the top picks but his sheet is at home...
qksilver69

Postby Ninersphan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:45 pm

Back to the weather,

I just found out, it was Syracuse, so Central NY is more sccurate then Upstate.

It was so bad Syracuse University closed, canceling all classes, that almost NEVER happens. I'll have to call my family and make sure they are alll ok, though I suspect they are, it's not like they're not used to it after all these years.
Ninersphan

available players

Postby qksilver69 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi guys,

I have Luke Scott and Matt Joyce available for deals. I am looking for a 1st round pick given that both have card values (5.2M and 4.58M respectively) that put them squarely in the 1st round when you look at available players from here on out.

Let me know if interested.

Dave/Qk
qksilver69

Re: available players

Postby cirills » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:56 pm

[quote:8825c709de="qksilver"]Hi guys,

I have Luke Scott and Matt Joyce available for deals. I am looking for a 1st round pick given that both have card values (5.2M and 4.58M respectively) that put them squarely in the 1st round when you look at available players from here on out.

Dave/Qk[/quote:8825c709de]

Not in OUR first round. At least not so far. :shock:
Last edited by cirills on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cirills

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat