The Original USKL -- TSN Version 2011 (Chat Room)

Frank M and Solcachrio are good choices

Postby AFDickie » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:20 pm

I sent them PM's as well.
AFDickie

I'll take it

Postby LANCEBOUSLEY » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:55 am

If you all will have me as a member of this illustrious group.
LANCEBOUSLEY

Postby cirills » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:59 am

I apologize for anyone that did not get the league e-mail I sent out less than a week ago (and Dave, I DID send it out to your new address).

Here is a copy of it. I will check in on the boards every now and then and feel free to send me an email every now and then asking for advice and such so I can keep just a small hand in things. This is what kept me an active baseball fan. As always me e-mail address is [b:11610128d9]cirills@aol.com[/b:11610128d9] [color=darkred:11610128d9][/color:11610128d9]

Take care all.

[quote:11610128d9][b:11610128d9]Hi Gang,

Writing this e-mail is very difficult for me.

Following on the heels of Tony Dungy, I am announcing my retirement from all of S-O-M effective immediately.

This is not easy for me. As most of you know, I was as addicted to this as the best of you, and loved this Keeper League Format the more than anything.

It gave me the opportunity to combine the S-O-M math with my previously successful Fantasy League ability.

It was the perfect mixture (as I think my rosters in all 3 main Keeper Leagues will attest - the USKL, HCKL and GMKL).

I only wish that I could have won in the GMKL last year, because then I could have retired with a title in each.

I think my team would have been positioned for a win in the GMKL this year though (no, I am NOT modest, nor have I ever been! :-P)

More than my teams though, I will miss the friends I have made and the camaraderie. You all have been special and I won't forget you and this chapter in my life.

But what made me have some success in this format is also the reason I have to leave it.

The ONLY way I know how to approach this game is to be 100% in to it. And I mean in to it, down to knowing every major prospect, etc. If I was single and without family then I don't think I would ever be OFF the threads.

But the fact is, I am NOT single and I DO have children and THEY NEED that same fervor that made me have success in S-O-M. THEY NEED to have me approach them the same way and commit 100% of my time to THEM.

Too often in the past THEY got the short end of the equation and that simply can NOT be anymore. As some here know, I had a VERY difficult 2008.

But, with a LOT of hard work I have come out of it better than ever. But the ONLY way that can continue and grow is to continue to keep my commitment to my family.

And the ONLY way I can do THAT, is to unfortunately break my commitment with you guys. With the new season coming up, and things that have to happen soon, I figured I'd better do this now

I am sorry if this causes anyone any consternation, but unlike most times when an owner leaves (their team/s are abysmal and NO ONE wants to take them over), I think I am leaving very good teams to my successor/s.

Hell, even one of you might want to take the over and give up YOUR teams! ;-)

I trust that one of you can take over the reigns of being the commish in the USKL. Remember that Bill, Marc and Dave all have other commish jobs, so if someone else could step up here that would be great.

Until that time, I ask that you utilize their strengths as a Triumvirate Commish so no one is burdened with it all.

The attached excel sheet is the corrected version from the one that I sent out a a month ago (the only change was to a couple of parks listed in the Roster section). It does NOT include the trade made by Marc (Kaviksdad) and Dave (Qksilver) last Saturday.

And speaking of Marc and Dave, I am very sorry to leave you guys in the larch in YOUR respective leagues, but again, I don't foresee you will have difficulty in replacing me (other than perhaps missing my ultra-competitive carcass :-P).

I hope you think me of someone who made you play better (the ultimate compliment) and I hope you all will remember me as a fierce competitor with a big heart.

I know at times I could be a BIG pain in the ***,but I NEVER meant ill will to anyone. It was just that I was too intense at times.

Again, the overactive dedication is the reason for my retirement. If I am going to expend that kind of energy, then it needs to be with my family.

I know others can do it well, but I don't know HOW to juggle both the same way.

I wish you all the very best both in this upcoming season and your own personal lives.

God Bless,

Larry (Sandlotshrink)[/b:11610128d9][/quote:11610128d9][i:11610128d9][color=darkblue:11610128d9][/color:11610128d9][/i:11610128d9]
cirills

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:19 pm

So I think they are a couple things on the table.

1) Stoney/DT as commish
2) Akindian (aka fresh meat) to take over Sandy's team

If you have any suggestions/objections please post them soon; otherwise we are going ahead as scheduled.

Unfortunately, we have only heard from (since the new year):
kaviksdad
qksilver
DT
Stoney
Niners
Sandy

Which means we haven't really heard from:
Bubba
Fowldawg
AFD
Nythawk
Cubit
Cummings

In the interest of simplicity, I am going to give the team to Akindian. I am sure many of us have know him for a while. I will send out the latest roster sheet I have, which I think is current, but Stoney will have the master which he can send to you.

Also, since it seems everyone did not get Sandy's email, I want to compile a new email list. [b:68cb8e23b0]Please send an email to damionketchum (at) yahoo.com with the title USKL[/b:68cb8e23b0] so that I can compile a list.

I plan to start our draft late Feb/ early March (soon after the cards come out).[/b]
Detroit-Tigers

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:00 pm

On the email issue, in Sandy's defense, it was just a punctuation thing, there was no semicolon between my addy & Stoney's. So I think most of the addresses on that list should be valid.
qksilver69

Postby cummings2 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:31 pm

Hey there fellers,

That I haven't posted doesn't mean I'm not around ;)

I'm very cool with the "transition decisions" Co-commishes are fine (AND Dandy) and fresh is a cool welcome.

I responded to Sandy via emal.

D-T I'll send you my email addy later on.

:)

C2
cummings2

Postby AFDickie » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:26 pm

I'm here too. I'm good with all the changes.
e-mail richardlochren@msn.com

AF Dickie
AFDickie

Postby nythawk129921 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:40 pm

the changes are fine by me as well.
nythawk129921

Postby kaviksdad » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:27 pm

I'll go along with the crowd :)

Let me know if there's anything you need assistance with D-T.

Also, I have a replacement owner in the wings in case we need another one in the future. So we won't be out in the cold if something arises.
kaviksdad

Postby LANCEBOUSLEY » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:59 pm

i'm a bit confused, kav sent me a list of players that had furcal on it, yet i got a file from DT? that did ntohave furcal?

who has the final file.
LANCEBOUSLEY

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat