COMBO '06 DISCUSSION OR CHAT

Postby Free Radicals » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:21 am

Sure you can do that ! I just did that in my last draft . I drafted a player with the idea of dropping one to pick him up after the draft . That's a legal move in my book . :wink:
Free Radicals

Postby ironwill1 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:57 am

Gents,

I reread the original post in the ATG forum. We have the exclusive rights to the 4 teams and 4 players we pick (plus any traded players) until the Frenzy is run. After the Frenzy, everyone is free game. So we put together a 25 man roster for 100 mil and drop players after the Frenzy.

Hope this helps,

Kevin
ironwill1

Postby Free Radicals » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:28 am

I trade Mike Scott to Frank Bailey for Woody English .
Free Radicals

Postby Free Radicals » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:26 pm

MTH , a question needs to be answered for me please . After the ILC draft and initial draft happening , are you saying that all players from all teams are then available for anyone to pick up ? If this is so , then what is the point of taking the 4 teams/players in the 1st place? In other words , if it's like that , the pool I was building of replacement players through my team choices are kind of wasted because anyone can take them . Please clarify please ! :wink:
Free Radicals

Postby Frank Bailey » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:13 pm

I have the likes of Eddie Collins, Johnny Mize, Orlando Cepeda, possibly Yogi Berra or Frank Baker, available. Mostly I need a relief pitcher or two. Let me know if you are interested in a swap.
Frank Bailey

Postby MidTennHitman » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:26 pm

To address the questioners basically you only hold the rights to the 4 teams and 4 players you drafted until rosters are turned in for autodraft

After autodraft runs any player not on someones roster is a total FREE AGENT meaning that if you want to retain a player from one of your drafted teams or drafted from the 4 player draft from undrafted teams -- you must put him on the roster you submit for auto draft And you cannot list a player that you didnt draft via team or 4 player draft or didnt acquire via trade in the team or individual player draft

Bottom line...........you must list your keepers on your autodraft card. No player is protected once those draft cards have been submitted

Same rules we've been playing with on 12+ combo seasons

To quote David Byrne of the Talking Heads......"Same as it ever was"
MidTennHitman

Postby MidTennHitman » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:33 pm

Everyone not on a team when auto draft runs the night we all submit our teams will be a FREE AGENT...........THIS WAS EXPLAINED AT LENGTH IN FIRST POST INVITING PEOPLE INTO THE COMBO...........thats why it'll be a frenzy and not waivers
MidTennHitman

Postby Free Radicals » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:43 pm

Okie dokie ! :wink:

Mi comprende now ! Ich verstahe !

I miss understood . Now I don't . :D
Free Radicals

trade offer

Postby dlarkins » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:05 pm

i would trade luis arroyo for cepeda

ldan red
dlarkins

Postby Frank Bailey » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:45 pm

That works for me Dan. I'll consider it done unless I see different from you here. Thanks.
Frank Bailey

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat