Almost Pre-Card Draft

Postby michael_kofsky » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:17 pm

Penn - the snow in NYC this past weekend was insane. 27.9 inches - a record for a single storm in February. It's been realtively warm the last two days though, so its already a dirty slush fest in the city; not a pretty sight.

How are things with you?
michael_kofsky

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:34 pm

Ok Penn - let's wait until everyone checks in for 1st round I guess, then switch to 3 hrs.

Thx,

Qk
qksilver69

Postby DOUGGRAY » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:41 pm

I heard it was a huge amount of snow!!

Its has been pretty cold in FL for the past week but no snow so I think we can manage ;)

Besides that Im already feeling a need to get up to NYC for a weekend but I will wait for warmer weather :D
DOUGGRAY

Postby blsmith7 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:56 pm

Penn - I am the one and only Smitty - those others are just imposters. Thanks - now I just have to figure out how to navigate the site. I'll have to wait 'til I get home from school to play around with it. Good thing is my wife will be out until 9:30 tonight, leaving lots of time to play.
blsmith7

Postby DOUGGRAY » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:52 pm

the site is pretty simple, here is an explaination of the proxies.....

Creating Proxies
Proxies are executed in order of ROUND,GROUP,PRIORITY

ROUND --- Round at which you want the proxy to execute, if you select 0 (ZERO) then the proxies executes current round, if you select Round 2 and its your pick in Round 1 or Round 3 that proxy WILL NOT be used. Round 0 is used when you dont care about the round and you just want to execute your proxies in order of GROUP then Priority.

GROUP -- You can group your proxies, ie group 2B,CF or SPs and you can flag "Delete group if picked" to YES if you only want ONE proxies from a group of several to be used. IE I want either Lowe or RJ but I dont want both....So the proxy would look like this...

Round--0, GROUP--1,DELETEGROUP--YES, PRI--1, D LOWE
Round--0, GROUP--1,DELETEGROUP--YES, PRI--2, R Johnson
Once I get my pick of Lowe the proxies for Lowe and RJ are both removed.

Delete if Group picked --- You MUST flag EVERY player in a group that you want deleted if any player in that group is picked.

ie.
ARod group 1 pri 1 Delete - N
Tejeda group 1 pri 2 Delete - Y
A Gonzalez group 1 pri 3 Delete - N
If you get Arod, Tejeda is removed but Gonzalez is still a valid proxy.If Arod was picked already and you get Tejeda, A Gonzalez still will be a valid proxy

You have to set every player you want deleted to YES.

To create a proxies, select/filter the same way you would to make a pick. Once you find the player you want enter the player ID in the Player ID box above the find name prompt.
DOUGGRAY

Postby Mr Baseball World » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:56 pm

.....now it just needs n option that will not allow others to pick "my guys" and it will be perfect.
Mr Baseball World

Postby geekor » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:17 pm

this probably isn't the place to bring this up.... but Penn, wouldnt it be better if Priority and Group were switched in what order it goes in?

I mean isn't the purpose of the Group to set all 4 2b choices, and when one is selected, the other choices disappear. Say I needed a SS, a 2b and a CF for my next 3 picks. Say I have my top choices that I prefer in this order:

SS 1
Cf 1
SS 2
2b 1
2b 2
SS 3
CF 2
2b 3
CF 3
CF 4
SS 4
2b 4

Now I only want 1 ss, 1 2b, and 1 cf. How would you get that to work in it's current way? You can't... you either get 2 of 1 position, or you can't set proxies for more than 1 round ahead.

Now if the order it looked at was round, priority THEN group, you could get that to work perfect. It would be much much easier for people to understand as well. Either that or allow more than 1 call to a player, you you can set each round exactly, and call a player more than once.

Oh well just a side not while waiting. BTW, I know pinhead can't check at work, so we will be waiting for him to get home!
geekor

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:46 pm

Geekor - thx for reminding me abt Pinhead's schedule, we will try to move on to a clock tomorrow then, no worries...

Thx,

Qk
qksilver69

Postby pinhead1987 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:04 pm

Hey guys. Sorry for the wait. I was checking this morning before i went to work hoping that I would be up but to no avail. I will be making my pick in about 10-15 mins. Have to check a few stats first.
pinhead1987

Postby pinhead1987 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:17 pm

Ok I took D. Lee. Didn't really have much choice.
pinhead1987

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat