24 team ATGv6 franchise theme lg - rules for reference

24 team ATGv6 franchise theme lg - AndyCummings65!!!

Postby PotKettleBlack » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:19 pm

You're up... load in...
PotKettleBlack

Postby Brannu » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:14 pm

wow ... 1 more to go!!
Brannu

Boston Red Sox Free Agent

Postby nymets99 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:48 pm

I am upgrading Pedro Martinez card from Boston To Montreal
nymets99

Postby andycummings65 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:23 pm

I am getting confused.............
1. So if the FA I want to acquire is a player who played for my franchsie but is not carded to my franchise OR is a NeLer, I must submit a waiver claim and then HOPE that I get said player? I am assuming this, since this appears to be the only way to do this.
2. Those managers who are simply gonna upgrade a crad they already have WILL NOT be participating in waivers. correct?
andycummings65

Killebrew

Postby GFDWARF07 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:56 pm

I will be upgrading Killebrews, both carded to my team, but thought I read in the league mail that I need to declare that here. No impact on any other teams.

Any roster NeLers should be dropped pre-waivers if possible, as they are our primary resource for FA's.
GFDWARF07

FA Process - posted in league mail too

Postby GFDWARF07 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:05 pm

Since free agents are such a big part of the dynamic of this league and the number of free agents per team is limited, why can't we do a quick free agent draft instead? The waiver order HAL comes up with is not reflective of much in this format. We could do a randomizer and do 2-3 rounds and be done.

Maybe I don't understand the process and I don't mean to whine. Just an idea.

Thoughts?
GFDWARF07

FA

Postby PJK » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:00 am

i plan to draft Sammie Hughes 2B (NeL) with my FA pick. i am still debating over which version of Joe Torre to settle one. PJK
PJK

League rules

Postby BDWard » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:50 am

Hello everyone. 2cityfan is the creator of this league and thus the commissioner, so obviously we all need to hear from him. As commissioner, he is the person who ultimately determines whether there has been compliance with league rules. It almost goes without saying that since the commissioner cannot void trades or force roster moves, we must voluntarily comply with the rules as set forth (whether we like them or not) and that 2cityfan has the final say in applying these rules. We must ALL act in good faith in following the rules and abiding by 2cityfans' edicts. Failure of just one manager to abide by such will result in our league degenerating into chaos and a very unenjoyable experience for us all.

I suggest that every manager go back and carefully reread the rules, comments and questions as set forth in the ATG and league page forums. 2cityfan does a good job therein of providing examples and answering questions. We are all intelligent people. The rules are pretty simple, are straightforward and are not nuclear physics.

Although I do not pretend to speak for 2cityfan, PJK was correct in his answer to one of the questions about free agents. Also, I believe that the reason that 2cityfan has asked us to post our free agent choice in the league forum is so that he can check to make sure that all choices comply with the rules. Obviously this will be an ongoing task as managers can change their free agent at any time so long as any new free agent pick up falls within the rules.

Regarding the waiver draft, I think most of us realize that because of the restrictions on player eligibility for each team roster, it is largely a pointless exercise, since most teams are allowed only one FA and that free agent must fall within one of the three categories of an eligible free agent as set forth within the rules. If abiding by the rules, there should be no need for any manager to use more than a couple of waiver picks.

It is obvious that most of the roster moves will come after the waiver draft.

We are a self policing league. If everyone acts in good faith and attempts to comply with the rules rather than seeking loopholes, the problems should be minimal and easily resolved.

I look forward to having a fun season. Good luck to all. - Bernie W
BDWard

Free agent pick

Postby BDWard » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:20 am

I will not be making a free agent pick during the waiver draft, as I'm having a difficult time trying to decide who to keep on my roster to fit under the cap. I'll get my roster in order after the waiver draft (I'll probably be using the more expensive versions of the players within my eligible player pool who make the final roster) and will post the pick, if any, on this thread, as soon as I decide who the pick will be. - Bernie W
BDWard

Re: Free agent pick

Postby dharmabums » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:38 pm

[quote:456dd7efab="BDWard"]I will not be making a free agent pick during the waiver draft, as I'm having a difficult time trying to decide who to keep on my roster to fit under the cap. I'll get my roster in order after the waiver draft (I'll probably be using the more expensive versions of the players within my eligible player pool who make the final roster) and will post the pick, if any, on this thread, as soon as I decide who the pick will be. - Bernie W[/quote:456dd7efab]

This is the approach I'll be taking too. During waivers, I'm only working with cards that are directly mine -- part of the Phillies cards. After waivers, I will consider a FA move, and post that move to this thread. GL all.

dharmabums
dharmabums

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat