NLD 11

Postby joethejet » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:12 am

Hey, can someone take a look at this team and tell me why we're 10 games under: http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2005/team/team_other.html?user_id=7161&stats=sim

I think it's incredibly unlucky so far (e.g. Madson). I know we don't have enough power (lost both Mora and Manny 2 of our first 3 picks) but there should be enough there to be at least .500 don't ya think?

Thanks,

Jet

p.s. got swept tonight in both leagues. Ouch. :mad:
joethejet

Postby qksilver69 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:21 am

I don't like Garcia as your lead SP in a neutral park, he needs to be in a RH or hitter park I think. Also Madson may be pitching fatigued, I'd check on that & maybe adjust pen or settings. Would prefer another R2 to Percival in that pen. More natural doubles wouldn't hurt that lineup....
qksilver69

Postby korkie » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:19 am

Hey, good to see you qk! I thought you had left us there for a while! :D
korkie

Postby DOUGGRAY » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:37 am

Have I metioned yet that I like my team ;)
DOUGGRAY

Postby joethejet » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:48 pm

Penn, yes. ;)

Silver,

Thanks for the input. Madson isn't set to anything at all, not set up, not close, not slow hook. I guess I can get him to no more than 1 IP and not before the 9th or something... What would you suggest? I was actually hoping that Lidge would have 70+ IP and Madson would have 48, but for some reason Hal isn't using Lidge as a setup as often as I would like.

Even with the flaws, would you expect this team to be 10 under in an AD league? I mean look at that pen, it's ridiculous that they are that bad.

jet
joethejet

Postby superflymacdaddyjuice » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:52 am

Got Shallacked by the hawk last night. I am still trying to figure out if this is the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning..... either way it is starting to look grim..

I need to find some of that longer consistency that Jeep was talking about.

Jamesgang,

tough loss in the hurlers heaven league last night. I thought you looked good to beat out kolak after overcoming the 2-0 semi's deficit, but i guess it was not in the cards.

joe,

In evaluating that squad it appears as though you are a victim of some "bad dice". your runs scored verus runs allowed is slightly better than break even. I would think that with he numbers the bottom 3/4 of you rotation is putting up they should be doing a little better in the W-L . Madson appears as though he has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory a couple of time for you. Lidge sure is catching alot of decisions that are not saves to be in a pitchers park no?
superflymacdaddyjuice

Postby joethejet » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:56 pm

Smokee,

Yeah, Madson has been awful, he's blown up a few games that *had* been close. I put in as 9th inning only the last two series and we won 4 of 6 so hopefully he's more rested now. I put in as "after 7th" for tonight and I have my fingers crossed.

Yeah, the Pen has just killed us, we figured it would be a strength, I mean, Lidge, Madson, Reed, Fuentes and percival is a pretty decent pen, but they've been abnormally awful. That and with Huff hovering around the Mendoza line and Loretta in the .270 range, we haven't had enough O to overcome the awful pen.

This team doesn't have enough power, and we tried to fix that, but to no avail. Maybe some teams will be more desparate at a later date. <sigh>

THanks for the feedback.

Jet
joethejet

Postby Wineman » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:52 pm

I see no one is posting on the old site anymore. I'm not sure why I like it so much better than the new, but I do. Oh, well. At least the Heads are hanging in there against tough competition in the West. Should be interesting down the stretch as 9 of the 12 teams are still very much in the race.
Wineman

Postby Wineman » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:28 am

Johnson comes one batter away from a no-no last night. Got my revenge the next game though winning in 14 innings. :lol:
Wineman

Postby Ninersphan » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:34 am

Huh, is there a league here, do I still have a team? Haven't you guys come to your senses and tried to boot me yet? Somebody wake me when it's time for NLD 12. :cry:
Ninersphan

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat