LOTO(AKA League Of their Own) 05' CONSOLATION LEAGUE

I AM SPEECHLESS...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:44 am

I looked at the scores tonite(MY mouth wide open :shock: :shock: :shock: )....

The storybook of my 4 year SOM Career complete...

Last to 1st, make the Wildcard on the very last day of the season, sweep through the 1st round(opening on the road) against what I felt was the dominant team and felt lucky to be there...But only give up 1 run in the 3 game set. Whew!

Then have to open on the road again against the Questers, who I have had all sorts of matchup problems against during the regular season -Hoping to steal 1 of the 1st 2 so I can return to Shea with RJ, Lowry and Glavine again - hoping to take at least 2 of those...Expecting it to go 7 with RJ pitching the last game.

But something I have never been accustomed to the past 4 years occurs - the rolls of virtual dice go my way... :shock: :shock: :shock: And not only does my team pull out the 1st 2 games with the 3rd shutout of the postseason(All 3 assisted - no complete games) - But the pitching continues the hot streak - Combining for 2 more shutouts...

The line: 7 games, 7 wins, 5 shutouts(All assisted - no Complete games) .29 ERA, .79 WHIP, only 2 runs allowed... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Do you think this 87 Win team peaked at just the right time?

This team finished 10th in Batting, 6th in Pitching and had a Negative run differential of 29 runs...

THE POINT...

DO YOU THINK THE FANS HAVE REASON TO PARTY IN CHA CHA LAND!!!!!

We have locked all the fans except families with children inside the ballpark until tomorrow morning...It will be the 1st championship fruit throwing, smearing, sliding, Naked, drunken all night orgy Celebration in MLB History....

We have put out sleeping bags for everyone to sleep off their hangovers, free coffee and breakfast in the morning and free cab and bus rides home - to insure safety...Nobody is turning over cars or burning down the city. Nobody is getting arrested...We MAKE FUN - NOT VIOLENCE here in Phoenix...

COME JOIN THE PARTY, BABY - CUZ THE CHA CHA'S ARE THE 2005' LOTO CONSOLATION LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!! :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) :wink: :wink: :wink:

SWP
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby Stoney18 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:24 am

Congrats. What an epic run. Can't believe how the pitching went.

Just amazing!!
Stoney18

Pretty Good Night...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:30 am

Connecticut forces OT - with a shot at the buzzer and escapes with a win advancing to the Elite 8 in the NCAA Tournament - without having played a good game yet...Then I check my scores and find myself a LOTO ring and get to party in CHA CHA LAND with the best looking naked fans in the US.

The Post season MVP goes to the entire CHA CHA Pitching staff(Even tho Cap and Franklin didn't pitch an inning.) 4 Starters and 4 RP's combined for 5 shutouts and only 2 runs allowed in 7 games(Both attributed to Glavine in his 14 innings of work) He was my worst pitcher at 1.26 ERA.

Kinda' freaky...But that is what being a Cha Cha is all about. My condolences to both AT and Stoney, whose teams were sensational during the regular season.

Thank you everyone for playing in this League and making for my best SOM experience ever.

I should probably quit right now - while i am ahead. These come very far and few between for me... :wink:

Robert
ROBERTVOZZA

Oh BTW...Thanks Cummings and Stoney...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:37 am

For the nod - In all the excitement of the Connecticut game and looking at those boxscores with my mouth wide open, I almost forgot to show my gratitude - It is most appreciated. Robert :wink:
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby ANDREWLAITURI » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:51 am

[b:6cd14f9722]HOLY SMOKES!!![/b:6cd14f9722] Talk about pitching out yer
ASSH! :shock: :shock:

Major props Rob! AT...My condolences.
ANDREWLAITURI

Postby ArrylT » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:46 am

Congratulations to Rob on a well earned championship. :)

I suppose it would have been nice to have won 1 game lol - but otherwise since I got what I wanted, whether I was to be swept, or lose in 7 I guess it does not matter how I lost the Finals. ;)
ArrylT

Thanks Everyone...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:45 pm

Because we won on at home, we were able to plan a huge party celebration just in case we won in 5 - And because some of the Quester Players looked a little snakebitten in the dugout, I immediately sent a platoon of topless CHA CHA GIRLS to the opposing dugout to comfort everyone...We actually were able to pull a number of them out into the party for awhile...The ones who stayed to share definitely left with smiles on their faces and their losses behind...

We are creating a new kind of baseball here in CHA CHA LAND...Win or lose, we celebrate and party - because life is way too short to feel bad about yourself. Nobody should ever beat themselves up over all the fine work they did to get somewhere. Celebrate the effort as well as the result and everybody wins.

My 1st screenplay was a baseball story just like this season - I did something so uncharacteristic for a movie that I believe I couldnn't get a sale. I had the last to 1st team(The Cubs, of course) lose the final game on a basehit just past the glove of their All star SS...

My main character, a 29 yr old rookie who was floundering in the Minors for years, is the catalyst that drives a terrible last place(Lowest paid) team to the postseason, where they take the big $ team(The Steinbrenner Type Yankee dynasty) to 1 out in the Final game - and lose...

Our main character grabs some of the champagne and makes everyone celebrate their unlikely accomplishment. In life, the rich almost always win...But that doesn't make the poor losers.

Then of course, if that movie actually got made, then I was going to have them win in the sequel. But no studio wanted to see this type of movie.

So I guess celebrating the sequel to all my playoff losses in this one will have to suffice... 8) :wink: :D

Thanks Again, Robert
ROBERTVOZZA

Previous

Return to Individual League Chat