NewYearPos Position Draft

Postby B.o.b.b.y... » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:58 pm

This is a message from Steve Ames... I will post and hope it's OK. There seems to be no instructions on when to post so here goes and if I messed up....I'm sorry...BTW..Happy New Year and be safe especially tonight....

And post on The Individual Leagues message board under New Years
Position Draft that the position for Round 5 will be LF,
I drafted Ruth but that could have been RF or LF so it is LF.
I have no ability to get to those boards until Tues. and I would hate for it
to be held up until then because they did not know whether it was RF or LF.
Thanks ahead of time to whomever does this.
SteveAmes
B.o.b.b.y...

Postby ratioman2 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:24 pm

Thanks Bobby!

Steve is first in round 5, so obviously he left a proxy for Ruth. You can set up your round 5 proxies for LF.
ratioman2

Postby novie » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:33 pm

THANK YOU STEVE!!!!!!

Since steve made it LF for RD 5, you can set proxies for round 6... RF.. and Cobb will be taken #1.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have taken 3FB at SP... anyone interested in trading for him for a swap and a trade up for the LF (rd 5) holler at me.
novie

Postby rosenthm » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:27 am

Good morning and Happy New Year to everyone!

Hopefully we'll be able to get moving on the draft. If anyone has questions about how to use Penngray's site to leave proxies, please ask. There are several here that will be glad to help.

Now that we know the position through round 6...we should be able to get through at least a couple of rounds today.
rosenthm

FRANK BAILEY CHECK YOUR PT

Postby buckaroo banzai » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:20 pm

trade offer
buckaroo banzai

Postby novie » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:39 pm

Proxies people!!@!@

Let's use them... there is no reason to be stuck like this when we have known for over 24 hours what the 5 & 6 round positions were.

Also, it's time to cut the 48 hour limit... EVERY live draft has a max of 3 hours after round 1.... now that the holiday is over, lets get it cut down to 2-3 hrs.
novie

Postby rosenthm » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:45 pm

I agree with Novie. Penn's site says MajorDeegan has until Jan 3rd to make his pick. We need a clock...and 3hours is plenty when we have Penn's site and the capability to leave proxies by round. The position draft league actually makes it easier to leave proxies and we should have been through at least 2-4 rounds today.

I've said this before during a live draft, but will say it again. I don't mind waiting or even stopping the draft for a specifiied period of time. If you're without computer access for a couple of hours or a couple of days, let the group know. That's just common courtesy. If on Friday we had said let's shut it down and not start up again until Monday...fine. But to check in regularly and see there has been absolutely no movement is really frustrating. Using Penn's site is a great tool for live drafts, but it is only works if ALL 12 managers use it and leave proxies. If you don't want to leave proxies for some reason...have the respect for the rest of us to at least post a message here saying when you plan to make your pick.

Thanks to all of you that have left proxies and Happy New Year!
rosenthm

Postby Frank Bailey » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:46 pm

Banzai,

I just got back from a hike with the dogs. I'll think about your offer while I thaw out and get back to you within an hour.

Thanks.
Frank Bailey

Postby Frank Bailey » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:03 pm

Banzai,

I'm going to take the conservative, bird-in-the-hand route and pass on your offer.

Thanks.
Frank Bailey

Postby GREGGZILIANI » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:02 pm

Sorry for the delay folks. Got back from holiday visiting later than I anticipated. We should be back on track.
GREGGZILIANI

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat