$60M All Lefty Pitching League

No other choice

Postby BDWard » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:11 am

[quote:6304c08a37="Goreds"]Considering what is going on with thetallguy and errormagnate maybe we should wait a couple of days and see if there is any news. There is no way we could get all the teams loaded in the right division by tonight anyway.[/quote:6304c08a37]

First things first. I went to Kevin's (thetallguy) Facebook page and apparently he and his wife are OK, although the situation in Japan is still evolving.

Still no word from errormagnate.

As of this writing, 9:10 A.M. Friday morning, the "clock off" status remains at Diamond Dope.

The commish is still MIA.

I agree with Goreds that a wait and see approach would be best, but realistically, there aren't any other real choices.

Let's hope everyone and everything is OK. - Bernie W
BDWard

Sorry Guys!

Postby mjruth » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:56 am

I wasn't really MIA I just didn't check into this message thread. My bad!
I assumed we would just finish the draft as usual. We are waiting on DonFESQ right now and we will be drafting stadiums in round 16.
The clock has been a problem because of the SOM site being wonky for several days. Not sure where errormagnate is at all.
The Stadiums should be drafted today if time permits and people make their picks.
We will then run a randomizer for divisions and create the league. Draft the rest of your team and add your drafted players in. We will follow normal waivers and free agent period.
I hope this answers all the questions if not I will check back in tonight after work.
Sorry for all the delays however we are close to the finish and we have some great looking teams. Should be a very interesting league.
Thanks for your patience
Mike
mjruth

Let's not stick our heads in the sand

Postby BDWard » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:24 pm

Hey commish:

Thanks for checking in.

Hopefully Kevin (thetallguy) and his wife will continue to be safe while the situation in Japan gets sorted out. Anytime there is an earthquake and/or tsunami, there's always a danger of aftershocks, food, water and medical shortages, etc. The situation is far from resolved.

Hopefully we'll hear from errormagnate.

I know the world keeps turning, but I think to proceed with division assignments and to enter our teams in a league as if nothing is wrong ignores the realities of the challenges facing our league.

The best solution is to get Kevin's and errormagnate's status resolved BEFORE entering our teams, as replacement managers may be needed and to enter teams now would have the league languish at 10 or 11 teams.

We have nothing to lose by waiting to determine the status of Kevin and errormagnate.

Let's make some good decisions here instead of forging ahead aimlessly.
BDWard

Postby PJK » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:33 pm

we still have the problem of errormagnate being MIA. perhaps should make some picks on his behalf to help flesh out the team and keep us moving forward. he's cash-limited, so i think we would do more good than harm getting him three players now rather than letting things gets picked over some more. my suggestions: carrasquel for SS. good offense, 2e20, only 2.00 million. marty barrett 2b2e17 2.33 or robby thompson 2b2e12 2.47 at 2B. Jerry Morales for OF (2e8 (02) for all OF), good BA, not much power, only $2.21 million. Frank Tanana 3.80 or 3.83 for SP.

just a suggestion. but if we want to avoid having a potential cream puff skewing the divisions it is in our best interest, as well as whoever manages [HAL?], that we get this team some decent players before they are all gone.
pete k
PJK

correction

Postby PJK » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:34 pm

or tom browning (3.83) for SP.
PJK

Feedback!

Postby mjruth » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:43 pm

We should get feedback from everyone and then base a decision on the majority. However at this point the rest of us have not even selected our stadiums. Let's finish the draft and then decide how long we wait and what our options are. Hopefully we will hear soon from errormagnate and thetallguy. Hopefully everyone is OK!
mjruth
mjruth

We're alive!

Postby thetallguy747 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:09 am

Midnite here. We just woke up to the flashing blue light of our bedside clock. Power! Heat! Connectivity! Off go the six blankets! Cell phone service back!

About to starting calling relatives back home, but first things first. SOM. Let's assume I'll be able to stay connected, even though aftershocks are almost continual here. Whoa--here's one now. Anyway, I'll monitor the thread here for updates, but I'm ready to proceed with the draft, however it's decided we'll proceed.

Oh, I love you guys! We're alive!!!!

Kevin A
thetallguy747

Postby PJK » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:24 am

God bless you and keep you safe! Pete K
PJK

Re: We're alive!

Postby BobBoone » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:11 am

[quote:77f8ddae99="thetallguy747"]Midnite here. We just woke up to the flashing blue light of our bedside clock. Power! Heat! Connectivity! Off go the six blankets! Cell phone service back!

About to starting calling relatives back home, but first things first. SOM. Let's assume I'll be able to stay connected, even though aftershocks are almost continual here. Whoa--here's one now. Anyway, I'll monitor the thread here for updates, but I'm ready to proceed with the draft, however it's decided we'll proceed.

Kevin A[/quote:77f8ddae99]

This is terrific news! You are my only "connection" to Japan. When we see things like that on the news we all feel bad for those involved, but rarely do we know someone involved, which is , of course, fortunate. All the best to you and yours, and my heart goes out to the victims and their families.

Jon.
BobBoone

Re: We're alive!

Postby BDWard » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:12 am

[quote:07240b2245="thetallguy747"]Midnite here. We just woke up to the flashing blue light of our bedside clock. Power! Heat! Connectivity! Off go the six blankets! Cell phone service back!

Kevin A[/quote:07240b2245]

Kevin: That's fabulous news! The prayers of your family and friends have been answered. Hopefully the situation will continue to improve. Those videos of skyscrapers swaying like palm trees in the wind are pretty scary. Then there's the uncertainty of the status of the nuclear power plants.

I know that much of the infrastructure of Japan was built to be earthquake resistant, but 8.9 on the richter scale at the epicenter rates as one of the strongest earthquakes on record. It is truly a tribute to Japanese technology and inventiveness that there wasn't even more damage.

I know that you are in the process of calling family and friends, but until you can reach them all, it might help to say something on your FB page to ease their concerns. There's a lot of hand wringing there now.

Get some rest and stay safe. - Bernie W

P.S.: When the clock goes back on, it's your turn to pick a stadium.
BDWard

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat