N.L. ONLY Avenger League chat thread

The Young and the Messed-Up

Postby Al Hogg » Thu May 19, 2011 7:52 am

[quote:06ecd2b127="uptownmastermind"]I noticed that Delmon Young's card is in here. Likely, it'll be the lone AL player in NL, but I'm giving the heads up in case someone accidentally picks him.[/quote:06ecd2b127]

Looks like all the Young hitters are messed up on Diamond Dope.

The salary at which Delmon Young is shown ($5.76 million) should be that of Chris Young of Arizona. Instead, Chris Young is listed at the minimum salary ($0.5 million), which is where Eric Young of Colorado (not listed on Diamond Dope) should be.

Then, at $0.69 million, Michael Young of Texas is shown instead of Delwyn Young of Pittsburgh.

I would vote that we use salaries instead of names to represent who we are picking, since otherwise Delwyn and Eric would be unavailable (not that they will be hot commodities, but you never know). That is:

- A draft of Delmon Young is REALLY a draft of Chris Young
- A draft of Michael Young is REALLY a draft of Delwyn Young
- A draft of Chris Young is REALLY a draft of Eric Young
Al Hogg

Postby SGTD » Thu May 19, 2011 7:54 am

Yesterday, I had work meetings then was asked to cover for someone in the golf league (played in a downpour but still shot a 44 in that mess and for the first time out this yera swinging the clubs), then left there and went to another meeting all wet, then got home. Being skipped is my fault and I am not mad (I got two guy's I wanted), but I want others to be skipped just as timely as I was without any fanfare. I gave Tom a wrong number so I just sent him the correct number. I set some proxies so I am hoping that they work while I am at the hospital. SGT D
SGTD

Postby TomSiebert » Thu May 19, 2011 9:17 am

I'm good w/ the Young swaps, but I think we should keep reminding people; not everybody's going to see this.

tws
TomSiebert

Postby SGTD » Thu May 19, 2011 9:24 am

I agree with Tom. SGT D
SGTD

Postby SGTD » Thu May 19, 2011 9:35 am

Ok, rotation is set, I can go to the hospital now knowing I have a pitching staff. Now to build around them. SGT D
SGTD

Postby TomSiebert » Thu May 19, 2011 9:50 am

Something VERY FUNKY is going on with the site. My proxies are disappearing but they've not been picked. I have missed on my two top choices the past two rounds, and instead gotten the guy at the bottom. WTF???

tws
TomSiebert

Postby MEAT » Thu May 19, 2011 10:58 am

TOM, make sure your group and priorities are set right, although they should lineup top to bottom by priority once you set them. no group setting, or group zero (0) always goes first.

that said, the sight is quite funky, although I haven't had it malfunction, aside from the YOUNG swapping scandal...it's just V E R Y slooooow. loading multiple proxies can take forever, taking me back to dial up days/daze...
MEAT

I tried to contact you Sarge.

Postby calbatross » Thu May 19, 2011 11:19 am

I sent you a private message through Facebook at 5:25 pm Central Time to let you know you were up. I didn't pick until 8:08 pm. I don't know how everyone uses Facebook, but whenever I get a private message on Facebook, I get an alert on my cell phone. Handy.

What is your preferred method of contact? If phone, then send me your number (since you bookend me in the draft, I probably should have it)and let me know whether or not you receive text messages.
calbatross

Postby MEAT » Thu May 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Cal...I didn't sense at all that sarge was pissed, as he stated. And I for one appreciate the updates, although Im typically monitoring the draft fairly closely. The facebook thing does beep me immedietly on my phone, which really helps. we should all have our information with someone else in the group. the DD sight says it can send email alerts, but im signed up and have never gotten one.
MEAT

Postby MEAT » Thu May 19, 2011 12:10 pm

btw...we're about to be faced with this again shortly, as merkel shows no signs of surfacing and his clock is up in about 20 minutes (blunder indeed) this would prove to be considerably more costly that sarge's being passed for two....and then having the pause button back in his hands.
I take it from the consensus here, I've no choice but to skip merk if he's untimely.
MEAT

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat