ARTIST LEAGUE WEST SARGE, UPTOWN WE'RE DONE

Postby TomSiebert » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:40 pm

Pinged ye olde Calbatross on Facebook as well, to send phone number for text reminders....did it hours ago, heard nothing. We may be done for the night.

Is it me, or does it seem like there's a ton of guys who cost more than $6mm bucks? Are players getting better?

tws
TomSiebert

Postby MEAT » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:41 pm

anyone around have contact for Cal. DIAMOND DOPE is telling me I can pick, but I said we wouldn't til 4th round. I think what I'll do is pick one to prod Cal, then turn off proxies.
MEAT

Postby TomSiebert » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Welllllllllll, Meat.....we're quite past the 10 PM EST deadline for the clock to shut off. There's one guy you really, really want, isn't there? :lol:

tws
TomSiebert

Postby MEAT » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:36 am

the clock was still on when I got the skip message, I just waited as long as possible for the normally very punctual cal. if he had his heart set on him, I can always drop shields with a pursuasive protest...but wouldn't mind having him. the guys I really wanted are all LONG Gone, the joys of picking 12th...
MEAT

Postby Al Hogg » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:53 am

I guess I'm not sure how Meat's one pick speeds things up. Now if Cal does happen to pick in the middle of the night, I'm not sure that Meat's proxy would kick in, so it wouldn't end up going back to Cal, so he'll have to proxy and we'll have to wait for Meat to pick in the morning Pacific time.

But, oh well, I certainly don't have time right now to play commish, so I appreciate all the initiative Meat has been taking.
Al Hogg

Postby MEAT » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:09 am

looks like cal was set on shoring up his middle infield, so we move on.
remember, if you know you're not gonna be around, let us know, we can hold. also if you p-m me or one of the adminstrators (turtle, al, tws, cal, arryl) your contact info, we'll glady send a text and or email when you're up.
MEAT

Postby Al Hogg » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:11 am

[quote:7579f914fa="Al Hogg"]I guess I'm not sure how Meat's one pick speeds things up. Now if Cal does happen to pick in the middle of the night, I'm not sure that Meat's proxy would kick in, so it wouldn't end up going back to Cal, so he'll have to proxy and we'll have to wait for Meat to pick in the morning Pacific time.[/quote:7579f914fa]

Glad to see that I didn't have to worry about that.
Al Hogg

Postby moneymaze » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:59 am

Diamond Dope indicates Turtle's time has expired, and I can pick manually. My inclination is to wait three hours from when the clock comes back on - when did that occur?
moneymaze

Postby MEAT » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:40 am

not sure what the clock hours are, normally ten to ten eastern when we do it here. DOPE is on central time, and it ran until at least 11pm, maybe midnight last night cst before going off. must start pretty early too. by noon cst i'd say move on.
MEAT

Postby MEAT » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:44 am

lads, proxy up as best you can please either at days end or to start the next day if you're not gonna be around. ideally we get through a couple a rounds a day so its not april when we finish.
also, only have contact for al, cal and tws...if you want backup notifications, shoot me a pm and ill text or email you when youre up.
MEAT

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat