LOTO 2006 WARMUP LEAGUE...

If it were game 100...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:12 am

And his ERA were that, then there might be cause for alarm...A bad opening day usually only takes 2-4 games to even out. After his ERA should be down to at least 68.00 0r something like that...

You have a very good team. i would think happy thoughts - Maybe pay a visit to one of your favorite redheads, slam a couple martinis and hit those freckles... :twisted: :wink:
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby ANDREWLAITURI » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:24 am

Well I see my team is off to their usual stellar start. :evil: :roll:
ANDREWLAITURI

Postby Jeepdriver » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:20 am

Well I'm not disappointed despite a 1-2 start. It was on the road and both losses were by 1 run. Home opener(s) 2nite! :)
Jeepdriver

Postby Stoney18 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:49 am

I can see this is going to be a long couple of months battling Jeep.

Same division in this league, 1st Tour league and 05 JaserD Finals. Ugh.
Stoney18

Postby Stoney18 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:56 am

Need opinions. I like to make my own decisions but like feedback on what others would have done.

05 league in Ameriquest. Six Ameriquests, couple of Safeco's & Fenway.

Had Bonds with Berkman & Mora in front him and was relishing the RBI's he was going to get. However, had Timo Perez @ 2B and a very weak BP.

Decided to drop Bonds for Beltre, Belliard and depth in BP.

My question - in a hitter's park is the value difference between Bonds & Beltre less than a pitcher's park?

Would you have kept Bonds & the holes vs a more balanced (and still potent) lineup?
Stoney18

Postby Jeepdriver » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am

Stoney, I thought about that when I re-entered my team in the Tour and it landed in a division with you. I guess we have quite the makings of a friendly rivalry developing. 8)
Jeepdriver

Postby bigmahon » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:01 am

Ah, friendly rivalries. I remember a time long ago when Jeep used to own me. :wink:
bigmahon

Postby Jeepdriver » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:03 am

Big, for some reason it doesn't seem[i:fb52e630c7] that[/i:fb52e630c7] long ago :P :wink:
Jeepdriver

Postby bigmahon » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:07 am

Ancient history, my friend. :mrgreen:
bigmahon

Stoney, IMHO of 05'...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:39 pm

Bonds was the best player and Johnson the best pitcher...(Duh, I suppose I sound like a genius, now)...But I have seen Bonds struggle and his teams not make the postseason and I have seen RJ go 16-17 or pitch around .500 in a lot of leagues.

I have found that Bonds is most valuable in a RH power park(Wrigley, M Maid etc.) or a pitchers park(Petco, Kauffman, etc.) The natural HR's vs the right side are good in any park. But a closer look at Bonds card indicates that he is quite average vs the leftside unless used primarily for his OB with good power behind him. In RH Parks, with good OB and righties who hit RHP well, Bonds is the monster of the set. If you have enuf lefty killers both RH and LH you will see enuf RHP to get Bonds 50-60+HRs and 150+ RBI. If the opposition pitches lefties or reverses to counter Bonds, you have the hitting to make them pay.

In a low BP HR park with high OB and or BA in front of him, he still drives them in.

My favorite players of 05' were Bonds followed by Glaus with either Wilk and Ford in front of him and Huff behind Glaus. Or Pierre and Freel and Burke in front with Glaus and Erstad behind in a Pitcher's park. I took Giambi on every single team and got him until I started playing in leagues with Bigmahon. For under 1M he covered the entire leftside in the middle with those natural HRs.

I always took the combination of Everett and Furcal at SS, Burke in a pitcher's park and Buck in a power park. I also took Torrealba on every single team.

Johnson, on the other hand seemed wasted in big hitters Parks. But in a Pitchers Park or Lefty Park(Shea) matched with a hard reverse(Alvarez, Lowry etc.) was nearly unbeatable. But just try and get him.

I found Bonds EZ to get with the 1st pick, so played best with him and the crew with midranged SP's in pitcher's parks.

05' was a very tough set of players. And I usually went for the same ones every time. There really weren't a lot of players I liked, so I stayed consistent with my pix.

So, I would have kept Bonds. :wink:
ROBERTVOZZA

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat