Netplay III

Postby GREGGZILIANI » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:46 pm

[b:c9b51d1c3e]Time to play[/b:c9b51d1c3e]

Yeah, see, I was also under the impression that we would have a week to play the games and then another week tops if there were a few stragglers. Basically, if it is run the way the 1975 season was run, I dont think we are going to have any problems, especially since it is mostly the same group of guys.
[b:c9b51d1c3e]
Franchise/Keeper system[/b:c9b51d1c3e]

Here, is where I think we should put some more thought when it comes to additional years. I would love to see a system in place where if someone isnt on your team or is that wasnt on in 2004, they go to their true team (i.e. Unit to the Yanks). Then we can protect like 30 guys and have a 10 round draft to fill in the blanks. Thoughts?
GREGGZILIANI

Postby aceventura55369 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:32 pm

Rich,

We are playing in a Franchise Keeper league. It has been stated many times since we began what we are doing. There is no way I would ever play in a franchise league as your describing it, simply because of teams like the Yankees. They and a few other large market teams would have a huge advantage on every other team in the league just as they do in real baseball. The idea behind this league which again has been stated before was to take a franchise and build it the way you want to.

Subsequent years - here is what we have in the constitution...

[b:13c394ad1e]2A. Franchise – Future years

You begin with your entire 40 man roster protected.

Franchise move - You will be allowed to exchange up to three players who have a card for your franchise and are not on anyone else’s roster for one of your current 40 players.

Supplemental draft – This time we will just have a two round draft for all available players. The draft order and # of picks(any team finishing with 80 wins or less gets two picks) will be determined by your team’s record in the replay year.[/b:13c394ad1e]

If you don't think 3 players is enough for Franchise moves lets change it. I have stated this number is open for discussion since I just threw a number in there with out much thought. We could even change that to unlimited if that works for everyone.
aceventura55369

Postby rjohaire » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:23 am

Ace
Thx for your answers. I just didn't understand the keeper aspect of the league. Guess it was because I was away and had little time to digest the description, but I somehow thought u were describing 2 different leagues.
I think what threw me was u saying that the fun of the theme would be to show that you can mange a franchise better than the current manager.
But I guess I'm alone in this understanding.
Oh well, my bad.

Is this correct?
Subsequent years - franchise draft - 3 picks - these would all be made from the 2005 francise team you selected.

I think there needs to be more of these allowed, maybe 6 would work better but that may be too high for what u are shooting for.
Maybe there just needs to be additional picks allocated for players that retire (maybe 4 plus the retired players or players who didn't play for a significant amount of time in the majors).

(assume I got over 81 wins in 2005)
What happens to the supplemental pick in subsequent years?
Will we get an additional selection?
or will we only get one if I release my 2004 pick?
or if I release my 2004 pick, will I get 2 supplementals?
rjohaire

Postby rjohaire » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:25 am

Based on my new enlightment, I will need to change my cut list. Some of the players I cut, will be useful in 2005.
I'll send out a new one once I load my 2005 set.
rjohaire

Postby aceventura55369 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:04 am

On future years I'm open to any number of franchise picks it's the number of picks in the supplemental draft that I think we should limit. As a matter of fact I think it's a good idea to increase that number it will add to the franchise flavor of the league. So why don't we just change it to unlimited franchise picks so the rules will read like this...

[b:8a58c4229c]2A. Franchise – Future years

You begin with your entire 40 man roster protected.

Franchise moves - You will have an unlimited number of franchise moves. A franchise move is dropping one of your current 40 players for a player who has a card for your franchise and is not on anyone else's roster.

Supplemental draft – This time we will just have a two round draft for all available players. The draft order and # of picks(any team finishing with 80 wins or less gets two picks) will be determined by your team’s record in the replay year. [/b:8a58c4229c]
aceventura55369

Postby rjohaire » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:38 am

Excellent change.

My only change to my drops will be I'll hold onto Andy Phillips
So my releases will be Bush, Escaldna, Graman, Marsone and Navaro
rjohaire

Postby rjohaire » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:42 am

Supplemental draft - So I hang onto Gagne (on my 2004 40 man roster)
and will get a 2005 supplemental pick or do I have to release Gagne to get a supplemental. I'm referring to the supplemental from the non-franchised teams.
rjohaire

Postby aceventura55369 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:45 am

I'll add Phillips back to your roster.

Gagne will remain on your team until you choose to trade or release him. Whatever your decision is has no impact on your supplemental choices, you will get 1 if your team wins 81 or more and 2 if they win 80 or less.

We're getting close, Tony should be back from vacation next Sunday so we'll run phase 2 of the supplemental draft then and then we begin the season.
aceventura55369

Postby aceventura55369 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:46 pm

Congrats toToisan on winning the 1975 Netplay championship!!!
aceventura55369

Postby ROBERTMAVIN » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:04 pm

Congrats Toi San....

two deserving teams int eh finals.. I know my team lost to both of them !!!!!
:)
ROBERTMAVIN

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat