Hard-Core Keeper League

Postby Ninersphan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:29 pm

For the record, cause I'm one of the ones dave asked.

I had no problem with the deal. this is what i sent to dave:

[quote:c58cb4357b] I will say it seems to be a little bit unfair short term, but look at it from the other side, do you really think Napoli is going to put those numbers up ever again??
Persaonlly I like Rosario's upside and Neise's as well. It's his belief that those guys are going to be higher value long term than Naploi.
I can't say I see the need to veto this deal, and I wouldn't like the precedent it would set.
Now all that said I wish I'd have offered him Jonathan Sanchez in the package I sent to him. Still don't think he'd have pulled the trigger with me even though I was sending one more player.[/quote:c58cb4357b]

I don't like the precedent this sets and would have preferred the deal to stand as is.
Ninersphan

Postby kaviksdad » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm agree with Bill - I think this has been blown far out of the proportion it deserves.
kaviksdad

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:32 pm

I agree there is an argument to be made for the other side of the deal, though I think it was a weak one. But that deal was just 1 symptom of the bigger issue above. I think it is in the best interests of the league that Chuck step aside. If Stoney wishes to accept the original deal from Chuck I am fine with that. I don't believe that is in the best interests of the league but I made it clear to him it is his call.
qksilver69

full context

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:58 pm

Ok draft is on hold for a bit as Chuck is up again, I will line up a temp picker and will also give that temp replacement a chance to void the Liddi pick.

Guys, let me be clear about 1 thing: there is a bigger picture here that has to do with keeping the league competitive.

Over the weekend, before any of this came up, Chuck offered to leave the league. I told him it was up to him, but that I would not force the issue. However, if I had known his intent was to rebuild a team that was already a clear contender, I would have accepted his resignation then.

As Commish I should not be micromanaging every team's deals, but I do need to step in when an owner is not acting in a way that will keep the league healthy & competitive. The deals that Chuck has made in the past few days and the FA picks indicated to me that there was a fundamental issue most likely arising from Chuck's lack of time to dedicate to the team & league. This league is called the Hard Core league for a reason - I want the best of the best, and I feel Chuck probably realized sooner than I did that he could not meet that standard this time around. I offered him a temp leave of absence, which he did not take me up on.

So we will move on. I have a temp picker lined up but need to reconfirm that he will be ok stepping in, he does not want a long-term gig. If we find someone right away that we know & trust to step in long-term, I prefer that option.

Please hold on while I get that figured out. Thanks for your patience & understanding.

Dave
qksilver69

Postby nythawk129921 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:09 pm

while we are on hold I am in the market for a backup SS or CF.I can offer up Uggla and/or a prospect pick
nythawk129921

Re: Chuck's team

Postby cummings2 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:23 pm

[quote:b3f9de1fa6="qksilver"]I appreciate Chuck's time in the league.[/quote:b3f9de1fa6]

Thanks Dave :)

I appreciate very much the good times here as well. Wishing you all the best of everything, enjoy a great season, may the best team win!

C2
cummings2

Postby AFDickie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:30 pm

[quote:501c83ea4a="nythawk"]while we are on hold I am in the market for a backup SS or CF.I can offer up Uggla and/or a prospect pick[/quote:501c83ea4a]

Hawk throw together a deal and send thru Quick and let me know. :lol: Just kiddin' trying to lighten the mood.
AFDickie

thanks Chuck

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:38 pm

As I said in the emails, you're a great guy and I will always appreciate what you brought to the league. You did a killer job rebuilding your team, I think our issue here was that the team was ready to compete again before you were! :P Seriously, I wish you nothing but the best. Sorry if I was rough around the edges for any of this.
qksilver69

Postby Stoney18 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:15 pm

Sorry Dave but a smiley face doesn't make things all right with me regarding your treatment of Chuck.

Chuck had a valid and well thought out process for his moves which he explained. You may have a different philosophy and executed differently but that doesn't mean that Chuck was wrong.

It's sad that it came to this.
Stoney18

Postby kaviksdad » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:22 pm

Yeah, I agree with Stoney. It's your league and all, but this leaves a real bad taste in my mouth.
:cry:
kaviksdad

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat