Hard-Core Keeper League

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:16 pm

It is not something I would of done, but I understand the motivation and support your decision.

I still really like Chuck though, so it is kind of sad.
Detroit-Tigers

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:24 pm

I love Chuck as well DT, not an easy decision, and a tough road to get here.

KD, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth as well, but I am trying to move past that. None of this scenario was ideal, but there are deeper issues at play. I have sent you an email explaining my thinking here.

I apologize to you all that the process was painful, but I believe the outcome was the right one, for many reasons which I've now explained via private email. Hope we can move forward now, it's not fun, but in the long run I think HCKL will be better for this.
qksilver69

Postby Cubit » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:48 pm

It would seem there was a bit of tumult while I was working getting my courses launched. I welcome our newcomer and old-time friend and also express my regrets at seeing Chuck go.
Cubit

next steps

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:09 pm

I have emailed info to Smitty, he should be checking in shortly & then we will restart after he has a) made his 3rd round FA pick, and b) decided to keep Liddi or return him to the FA pool.

The updated version of the Napoli deal is the one that will stand, we'll proceed on that basis. I have proxies for several owners so we should be able to make progress once Smitty is up to speed.

Thx,

Qk
qksilver69

Postby blsmith7 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Hey guys - it seems I've entered into a bit of a tempest here, but I will do my best to evaluate and make a couple of picks as soon as possible. It does seem that I have some moveable pieces if anyone wants to throw me a line. I seem to have multiples at 2B and CF at first glance. I am always open to making deals, so send your proposals.

Dave - thanks for thinking of me. I am thrilled to be joining such a fine group of Strat geeks, and I hope I can do right by Chuck.

One initial question, am I stuck with Dodger stadium, or can I switch if I want?

Thanks - Smitty
blsmith7

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:33 pm

We'll do a stadium draft after the new ballpark stats are released, so all teams will get a chance to keep or switch then.

Thanks for jumping in right away Smitty, and welcome aboard!
qksilver69

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:18 pm

BTW KD, I like the Peacock pick, was hoping I could get him a bit later on...
qksilver69

question from Smitty - please weigh in

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi guys,

Smitty would also like to return Trumbo and possibly Reddick to the pool, and repick from the existing pool. I was ok deleting Liddi as a Commish decision, but for these 2 I would like a quick show of hands on whether we are ok with this or not. I am ok with it. Please let me know.

Also, I am going to allow him to drop Hechevarria from his 40-man in order to get another FA pick. That pick will come in the normal 4th-round slot between Jason & Niners.

Thx,

Dave
qksilver69

Postby blsmith7 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:39 pm

Gentlemen - I certainly don't want to ruffle any feathers as the new guy. I am fine with the Reddick pick, but if anyone is interested in Trumbo, I'd certainly move him for another pick. And QK mentioned the possibility of dropping Adeny Hechevarria (?) from my 40 man and obtaining another pick, and I would like to do that.

And again, thanks for having me!

Brian
blsmith7

Postby Palmtana » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:44 pm

[quote:dbc2606758="Ninersphan"]Just to clarify, Napoli was shopped to the whole league,..... [/quote:dbc2606758]

:?:

Not moi. Anyway, C2 was a great help to me in the beginning of my time here. He had many original and informative posts. Great back and forths. Times change and this is one of those occasions. Welcome to smitty. I remember when I was invited to join HCKl and other keepers last year. It was very exciting seeing what players I inherited. Some leagues more than others!

I'm good with letting smitty repick as needed.
Palmtana

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat