Moscratcher's ATG6 Keeper League

Postby OakAth72 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Maybe turn the clock on at the beginning of the sixth round, everyone should have fair notice by that time. On the flipside, I am not in any rush and if managers are content with drafting without a clock we should keep it as is.....I just wanted to be clear on what we are doing because there was previous talk about turning on the clock after round one.
OakAth72

Postby motherscratcher » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:40 pm

Sounds fair.

We will start the clock (2 hours) at the beginning of round 6. Unless we get a lot of posts here wanting to keep it as it is.
motherscratcher

Postby dukie98 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:44 pm

In any event, we are back on track. PillPop is on the clock (or would be, if the clock was on...)

I'm fine with starting the clock at the end of this round. By this time, we all have our core drafted, and at this point, most of the players that we draft will likely be exposed to the steal round in future seasons.
dukie98

Postby jimmiejoe » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:23 pm

What does the clock do? Skip the team that missed their pick? How does the team 'catch up' - at will or at the end of the draft?

Not knowing these answers, I prefer keeping as it is through the weekend.

As mentioned previously, I am leaving and have no internet access from Thursday noon - Sunday evening (China time) Plan to leave proxy for remainder of roster.

Might not be an issue, but turning on clock now after slow initial rounds might penalize the clearly weakest owner in the league.

jj
jimmiejoe

Postby motherscratcher » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:07 am

Jeez, I forgot about that. I'm not 100% sure but I think it skips your pick and you can catch up as soon as possible.

In light of this info I think I'm going to keep the draft running as is without the clock. jimmiejoe did mention last week that he will be without Internet access for the time he indicated. I forgot about that. The draft has gone very slow and there's no way that it will be done in the next day clock or no clock. And Jimmiejoe has been one of the guys that has always gotten his picks in immediately. It wouldnt be fair to penalize him when some of us have taken so long to get picks in, especially when we knew from the getgo that he would be unavailable for that time.

I don't think it's likely to get this completed before Friday night so there's no reason to end up making jimmiejoe have to make a bunch of picks at the end because he kept getting skipped.

Like he said, jimmiejoe will put in some proxies. If they get used up while he's still gone it won't be tough for us to figure out. We will just pick it back up and finish when he's back on Sunday.
motherscratcher

Postby rjohaire » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:23 am

If you get skipped, you need to draft a player and he will fill that spot.

For you to be skipped, the clock must expire and the next manager must make a pick - proxies won't fire the next pick, you have to physically make it.
Hope that helps.
rjohaire

Postby dukie98 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:48 am

Eligibility police: Ron Gant's only card is 1991, so I don't believe he can be drafted.

If we put the clock on now, we should be able to make more progress before JimmieJoe heads out.
dukie98

Postby PotKettleBlack » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:45 am

I am now proxied for a couple rounds.

I am sorry that Comcast boned me (their modem went bad in a way they couldn't detect remotely, so had to go without for two days), but I'm no longer sideways on both drafts. I hate to be the problem, as I tend to think of myself as a responsible drafter, and have annoyed my wife considerably by working a draft on my phone while traveling.
PotKettleBlack

Postby PillPop » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:52 pm

No worries, PKB. And sometimes we all need to take a deep breath and remember: it's just a Strat-o-Matic draft. This is supposed to be fun.

Meanwhile, that said: is it cool for me to ask to drop a guy I picked back in Round 3? Or would you rather I wait until the frenzy? Or would anyone like me to trade them Cristobal Torriente? I started going one way with this team and have now switched direction.

Thanks either way.
PillPop

Postby PotKettleBlack » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:47 pm

[quote:0eb88735a7="PillPop"]No worries, PKB. And sometimes we all need to take a deep breath and remember: it's just a Strat-o-Matic draft. This is supposed to be fun.

Meanwhile, that said: is it cool for me to ask to drop a guy I picked back in Round 3? Or would you rather I wait until the frenzy? Or would anyone like me to trade them Cristobal Torriente? I started going one way with this team and have now switched direction.

Thanks either way.[/quote:0eb88735a7]

I'm cool either way (not trading for him... not my guy). But might make more sense to hold him and trade/drop him post frenzy.
PotKettleBlack

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat