YIKES (AGAIN)!!! SHIFTING SANDS -- Dose #2

Postby pacoboy » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:40 pm

[quote:ff1575c126]paco what happens if I have no sal, trade with someone who does, he trades one of his sal playersm say a C...couldn't he then change his sal to something else, whatever he gets 2 of next that's still available? [/quote:ff1575c126]

First, you mean SDAL.

Second, no once someone has 2 of the same letter (excluding B and J) on their draft sheet they then CLAIM/OWN that letter as their SDAL.

Reason: I took "M" elarly because I think it's one of the better letters. Now for over 10 rounds no one could take more than 1 "M" and made alternate picks. Guys like MANTLE and MAYS are still available.

....now if I trade "MIZE" to someone w/o an "M" right now and then pick another "L" for example to change my SDAL....I'm am quite sure some people will be very unhappy - and rightly so....if "M" become fair game and they are either capped out OR far down the draft order.

Sorry, once you declare your SDAL by picking a 2nd of the same letter then you own it for the season.

EXAMPLE: Foggy's been trying to trade off one of he "W"'s but I made clear at the start - which he acknowledged - that trading a "W" would do nothing to is SDAL pick.

Trading is fine. I can still trade "M"ize but yet I would still be able to take another "M"....but "M" would always stay mine.
pacoboy

Postby MEAT » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:48 pm

hadn't thought a that...guess I'm S.O.L. :P
MEAT

Postby rosenthm » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:51 pm

Back from the movie. I'll be here for the reest of the evening if someone wants to send a proxy. I saw the prozy Modmark sent me and just posted his pick...Mrbbw is up.

Good movie, The Last King of Scotland...see it if you get a chance.

I'll make my pick when the time comes.
rosenthm

Postby Mr Baseball World » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:53 pm

Picked Willie Mays to remove the temptatin there.

Public Proxy for next pick:

1. Tracewski .50 2b
2. Taylor .50 2b
Mr Baseball World

Postby rosenthm » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:04 pm

Why haven't we moved on? Is it because there is no clock on weekends? PLEASE, if you're gooing to be gone, PLEASE let the rest of us know. Maybe we should just call it for the weekend....
rosenthm

Postby MEAT » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:05 am

i Was here for you madge, but the King of Weasels, A..P. snatched Vuke just ahead of you...
MEAT

Postby modmark46 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:50 am

We are slowly closing in on the finish. Progress IS slow, but I know a lot of that has to do with the complicated nature of this SS league. I don't know about the rest of you, but I pretty much gave up trying to put together a "winner", at least based on the usual strategies when creating a team. The multiple compliance issues have pretty much dictated who I draft, and where I use them. Case in point is my "up the middle defense", which is the worst I will have ever fielded on a team. 3 at CF, SS, 2b and 4 at C, with poor arms. Yikes! While I don't necessarily think this dooms me, I must admit it leaves me with a sinking sensation in the pit of my stomach. :? I honestly don't know how to read the team I have assembled. I have some good pieces to my team, but really, it feels more like a crazy quilt work patch of a team. However, I take hope in the fact that some of my better teams came out of lineups I felt badly about going in to the season. And besides, while I want to win, I would never have signed up for another SS league if winning were the sole driving force. Truthfully, participating in the craziness of it all is the main enjoyment/experience. If I should end up with a winning season, it will just be the cherry on this crazy concoction I am building! :) :shock: :P
modmark46

Postby rosenthm » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:08 am

Thanks, hesmeat for being around...and yes, AP weasled Vuck from me. His jersey was already being printed....so close and didn't quite make it. Actually I'm surprised he wasn't taken sooner.AP gets a chevron for his weasel jacket for the Vuck pick! That's OK, though, I'm sure I weasled someone else with the Zahniser pick. I'll take some consolation in that.

Modmark, I understand what you're saying. This IS a very complicated draft and that's the fun of it. Gave up in about the 2nd round of putting together a winning team. And if I entered leagues with the primary interest of winning, I wouldn't have played in many leagues...as evidenced by my overall record. :roll: I'm starting this season with an all four outfield...not all star...all four. One of the OF positions is a 4 platoon! I had to bench Dave Henderson who I was initially going to platoon, because I couldn't get to 21...who knows maybe I'll find a hidden gem in Blefary and Walker. But right now, I'm compliant on all rules and just trying to get letters I don't have for the rest of the draft.

Regarding the speed of the draft: I don't expect it to zoom along. I do expect people to say when they will be away or if they'll be a couple of hours deciding...that's all. Doesn't have anything to do with speed, just communication and courtesy. I'll be gone from about 1:30 CST to after the game...if the pick gets close, I'll leave a proxy. Everyone have a great day!
rosenthm

Postby modmark46 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:56 am

I am heading off to bed to get some sleep, in order that I can get up to watch the Super Bowl. I doubt the draft gets back to me before then, but if it does, I will be checking back in somewhere between 4-6pm EST. :)
modmark46

Postby pacoboy » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:26 pm

[quote:3861344021]he's meat
MVP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i Was here for you madge, but the King of Weasels, A..P. snatched Vuke just ahead of you... [/quote:3861344021]

8)

......thought I get a smack from people on the Etchebarren or J.Powell pick (I know Bigmahon is still cursing me on that one :P :wink: ) but Vouk was nice too :P

Must admit I was tempted to take Veryzer over Etchebarren only for the reasons that A) I needed either an E or Z and B) I used to work w/ good ole Tom in the mid-80's. I was a young high school kid working a summer job at the beach and Tom Veryzer - long since retired from my local Mets - was one of the head maintenance guys for the Town of the beach I was at.....probably never had a need to take him again so....
pacoboy

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat