LA-Z-BOY XVII Chat Thread %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

LA-Z-BOY XVII Chat Thread %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Postby joeoc » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:15 pm

LA-Z-BOY’S LEAGUE XVII FORMAT

We will use the original LA-Z-BOY Rules with streamlined drafting back to an eight- nine day period in total. (May be shorten to accommodate Quick Draft)

League will use the ATG III Historical Version of SOM Game, Advanced, 100MM CAP, No D/H, Frenzy, 5/10/20 drop rule

We will use the Lottery Draw of Wednesday 2/27/07

We can slow draft rounds beginning 2/28/07 or as soon as draft order is settled before our agreed upon QUICK DRAFT Friday of 3/9/07

Your Availability will be required on Friday evening, 3/9/07 for the Quick Draft and Frenzy.

League Opening Day will be Monday 3/12/07

League Draft will consist of a slow draft starting on Thursday 3/1/07 (would like minimum six, max eight rounds) and last until 7:30 PM Eastern Friday 3/9/07 (Night of Quick Draft).
Stadiums will be UNIQUE and picked anytime during the first four rounds in conjunction with a player pick, Quick Draft of six rounds, and auto draft the remaining 11 or 13 players to fill the roster.
ALL TEAMS will enter the league Friday immediately after Quick Draft 3/9/07. Opening Day will be 3/12/07.

QUICK Draft may be extended but only if there is sufficient time to make sure frenzy is Friday Night.

There will be no clock (see below) until 7:30 p.m. Eastern Friday, 3/9/07, No Quick Draft round will be started after 10:30 PM. Eastern unless by agreement of all managers. A three hour clock may be instituted for the second half of the slow draft if we are really lagging behind in completed rounds (looking for Six Round Minimum). We haven’t had to use a clock thus far.

Clock time for the Quick-Pick Draft will be (5) Five Minutes per Selection, If Selection is not made we will move on to next selection. Makeup Pick can be made at anytime, but if same player is selected, that player will go to the manager on the clock; no other decision will be made. Please make pick in the allotted time

When checking–in please make State Lottery Pick if not already made.

State Lottery Picks will be used to determine Draft Position. Highest (999) to Lowest,(000) ZERO being Low. In case of tie the tied state's mid-day or previous day lottery number will be used and so on until the tie is broken, same day picks will always be used.

Division Assignments by Draft Positions (Round One Draft Position)

EAST: 12 11 10 9

CENTRAL: 8 7 6 5

WEST: 4 3 2 1

Trades of players and picks are allowed; Make sure all trades are posted clearly for all managers to read. Please keep value exchanges equitable and reasonable so as to prevent squabbles (See new rule below) and decisions having to be made on allowing the trade. If there is a two for one trade, there will be a pool of players for the manager trading two to use so everyone will protect the same amount of players drafted with the same amount of cash value.

Trading Rule:
Let make an effort to keep trades at a one for one or within 30% for both sides NO Trades at more than a plus one ratio 3 for 2, 2 for1, 5 for 4, etc.

Use this Grid to determine value of your open spot and set salary on the side to accomodate assigned player

Rounds 1 thru 4 value of draft spot not more than 8.0 Mil
Rounds 5 thru 8 value of draft spot not more than 6.0 Mil
Rounds 9 thru 12 value of draft spot not more than 4.5 Mil
Rounds 13-14 value of draft spot not more than 3.0 Mil

These will be the values used to fill in for players in unbalanced trades. So if you trade away your second round pick, you will be assigned a player not usually drafted worth not more than 8 Mil, a ninth round pick, you will be assigned a player not usually drafted worth more than 4.5 Mil. etc.

All drafted players are to be put on the BOTTOM OF YOUR DRAFT LIST.

I know every possible situations is not covered in the rules but any decisions that have to be made will be made as fairly as possible

Lastly everyone is to have fun and may we have another fun filled season of LA-Z-BOY Baseball.

Pick Three Lottery States Tie reverts back to the state lottery mid-day draw or if no Mid-day draw then previous nights lottery draw.

Arizona
California
Connecticut
D.C.
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Iliinois/Iowa
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maryland
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
Ohio
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Tri-State
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin

I know some things are repeated more than once but this way when looking quickly the most important things will stick out.
Last edited by joeoc on Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
joeoc

Lottery States

Postby joeoc » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:18 pm

EAST Manager ******************(Returning) Yes / No / Lottery State
Batman Returns nevdully's************** Yes / NJ
Smith Mountain Lazy Dogs minnie minoso***Yes / Virgina
Strat Brats Simon31 ******************* Yes / Michigan
Quick Draft Demos III modmark47 ******* Yes / Texas

CENTRAL Manager
Chicago Cubs 3 danielz ****************Yes / Wisconsin
Saskatchewan Shooting Stars 45Beach **** Yes / Georgia
Palm Beach Royal Poinciana dspeters5 ****Yes / Illinois
Back in Business cb3137 ***************Yes / Tenn

WEST Manager
Drunken Banshees traderj **************Yes/Florida
Central - Penn Piranha XIX deepdrive ******Yes / PA
Tinley T'Bolts XVI JOEOC ****************Yes / Indiana
Edmonton Yankees VI Dugger *********** Yes / West Canada
joeoc

Trade Proposal

Postby joeoc » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:20 pm

We have one more point of business to take care of and that has to do with the trading of players. I don't want to stifle trades but we have to get a handle on the lopsided (number of players 3 for 2, 4 for 2,) trades as it brought some questions up last season.

My solution, and I am open to other thoughts, so trading can happen.

Weighted Trading System
Example
#1 Pick worth 168 points (14 Rounds times 12 picks) we usually draft 8 slow and six quick.

#1--168
#2--167
#3--166
etc, etc. I'll make a grid if the majority like the idea. I propose to let the trading flow as it has but with the exception all pick traded have to fall within 20% of each other to make a legal trade. If a player that is already picked is involved you would use the point value assigned to his draft slot.
So if #1 @ 168 is traded 134 points is the minimum return. I'm trying to keep it simple while still letting everyone trade if they wish. In addition anyone not getting an equal number of players in return will be assigned a player that must be put on their protected list. The salary will be tied to the number of points you fall under your total. For example you fall 100 points (penalty points) under your team total, you may be assigned a 5 Mil player that usually goes undrafted. This way everyone starts even at the frenzy.
This is just a rough outline, if the idea floats I'll work a grid up and salaries attached to penalty points

I just want to let trades happen but keep a handle on things where there are no questions. I think a system like this can work and bring about some good trades

EAST Manager ******************(Weighted Trading) Yes / No

Batman Returns nevdully's**************
Smith Mountain Lazy Dogs minnie minoso**
Strat Brats Simon31 *******************
Quick Draft Demos III modmark47 *******

CENTRAL Manager
Chicago Cubs 3 danielz ****************
Saskatchewan Shooting Stars 45Beach ****
Palm Beach Royal Poinciana dspeters5 ****
Back in Business cb3137 ***************

WEST Manager
Drunken Banshees traderj **************
Piranha XIX deepdrive ******************
Tinley T'Bolts XVI JOEOC ****************
Edmonton Yankees VI Dugger ***********
joeoc

Postby traderj » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:14 pm

I vote that I am confused with your options, I must be a big fat dumbo. :?
traderj

Postby DOUGELKE » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:45 am

CENTRAL Manager
Saskatchewan Shooting Stars 45Beach ****
Palm Beach Royal Poinciana dspeters5 ****

WEST Manager
Edmonton Yankees VI Dugger *********** Yes
DOUGELKE

Okay with weighted trades

Postby dspeters5 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:06 am

It's alright with me to try weighted trades. I never had a weigh (play on words) to figure if a player was worth how many draft picks.
dspeters5

Postby MARKHUARD » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:57 am

CENTRAL Manager
Saskatchewan Shooting Stars 45Beach **** Yes
Palm Beach Royal Poinciana dspeters5 **** Yes

WEST Manager
Edmonton Yankees VI Dugger *********** Yes
MARKHUARD

Postby traderj » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:20 pm

O.k. yes, I don't trade picks anyway so no big deal to me.
traderj

Postby cb3137 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:27 pm

Since I feel like I'm the one who has led to a possible change in the draft rules I wanted to state my case. I'll admit that I made a bad trade with Nev but at the time I thought it was great because I could get the guy I wanted. As far as I was concerned there was no one that I was worried about missing out on in the 3 rounds that I missed. The deep talent pool allows you to take more gambles since their is much more talent at most positions compared to ATG2.
As it tuned out, Nev and Minnie happened to do an outstanding job with the picks that they acquired from me. Nev, to his credit, did discuss with Joe and I the option of rescinding our trade beacause he thought it was bad for me. I declined for several reasons including the fact that a few more picks had been made, I was getting a player I really wanted, and I was going to be in the hospital for a couple of days with my daughter being born during the slow draft period and not wanting to slow you guys down.
You know that I'm very aggressive with trades. Some work and some don't. I don't think we should put values on trades, but maybe the commisioner should have the authority to veto any trades.
cb3137

Postby cb3137 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:28 pm

CENTRAL Manager
Saskatchewan Shooting Stars 45Beach **** Yes
Palm Beach Royal Poinciana dspeters5 **** Yes
Back in Business cb3137 *************** No