FAST SIX VIII Chat

FAST SIX VIII Chat

Postby Simon31 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:23 am

First off, I would like to congratulate our playoff winners tkl33, wjanssen, deepdrive and nev. This should make for an intertesting series as 3 out of 4 teams posted 90+ wins dominating their respective divisions. I'm planning on using tomorrow nights (June 18) pick 3 lotto to determine draft order. I'm still waiting to hear from tkl on his state pick. If I don't, we may have to delay the lotto pick until I do hear from him. I will clearly post that delay here in this forum. Tim (tkl33) is still only a maybe for the draft but Modmark is standing by waiting to jump into his spot if he can't get free for draft night.
The live draft will be on Friday night June 29th at 7:30 est!! This is a change from the previous 7:15 start time.
All the rules are the same as before: 100 mil No DH, draft 6 live and the rest autodraft Frenzy. There are two issues brought up during the last draft I would like to put up for discussion/voting.
The first is when, or if, stadiums should be declared.
The second is, should we go back to the random entry format.
I'm wondering if the combination of NOT declaring a stadium along with the random entry might make things a little more interesting. Let me know which options you prefer and we'll put them to a vote.
Here are the state lotto picks:

1) Simon31 NH
2) tkl33 (Spot reserved until Tue June 26th) NEED STATE......????
3) nevdully NJ
4) Moriarity ID
5) bobschwartz22 GA
6) deepdrive PA
7) 45Beach FL
8) Dugger Western Canada
9) wjanssen OH
10) Frank Bailey NY
11) JOEOC IL
12) minnie minosa VA
Simon31

Postby tkl33 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:32 pm

1) Simon31 NH
2) tkl33 IN
3) nevdully NJ
4) Moriarity ID
5) bobschwartz22 GA
6) deepdrive PA
7) 45Beach FL
8) Dugger Western Canada
9) wjanssen OH
10) Frank Bailey NY
11) JOEOC IL
12) minnie minosa VA
tkl33

Postby Proverbial Psalms » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:10 pm

As one of the new guys... I will yield to any major traditions established in the previous versions of this league (i.e don't want to ruffle feathers), and want to note that I'll work with most any solution that is established.

Having said that... my input:

(a) I like UNIQUE stadiums... which means they have to be drafted/declared
(b) whether drafted or picked outside draft, there is always some advantage related to picking stadiums based on order (either order in a draft when stadiums are drafted, or order of entry into the league, if one chooses to look, when stadiums are neither unique nor declared).

Perhaps the best way to allow (a) unique stadiums while minimizing (b) any potential advantage from stadium knowledge is to randomly set all three parameters via lottery:

- Draft Order
- Ballpark Round Order
- Entry into League Order

Everyone would use the same state already selected, but the lottery results would be used over three different nights- the first night would determine the order for 6 player rounds, the 2nd night would determine the order for the ballpark round, and the third night would determine the order in which the 12 teams would enter the league (thus divisions as well).

At least if there IS ANY ADVANTAGE to stadium selection, it would be created by randomness, and NOT be related in any way to draft order- to me that's an important factor.

Anyway, just one idea... and again, I'll work with any solution.

Bill
Proverbial Psalms

Postby Simon31 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:57 pm

Some very good ideas here Bill. Personally, I don't care if stadiums are unique or not but the lotto draft for league entry sounds appealing.
Suggestions, comments....anybody else?? :?
Simon31

Postby joeoc » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:10 pm

For me lottery assignments of divisions is fine :) neither stadiums or divisions are a problem but if the change is wanted I'm fine with it.
joeoc

Postby Simon31 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:29 pm

Here are the results as of my bedtime:

1) Simon31 NH................................710
2) tkl33 IN
3) nevdully NJ..................................480
4) Moriarity ID
5) bobschwartz22 GA.......................471
6) deepdrive PA...............................372
7) 45Beach FL.................................872
8) Dugger Western Canada..............626
9) wjanssen OH...............................253
10) Frank Bailey NY.........................881
11) JOEOC IL
12) minnie minosa VA

If somebody else can post the final results that would be a big help. I will be going right from work to my Little League game tomorrow night and won't get a chance until late. Here's the link I use:

http://www.alllotto.com/latest_virginia_lottery_results.php
Simon31

Postby Frank Bailey » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:59 pm

Might not hurt for someone to confirm these.

1) Simon31 NH................................710
2) tkl33 IN......................................085
3) nevdully NJ.................................480
4) Moriarity ID.................................372
5) bobschwartz22 GA.......................471
6) deepdrive PA...............................372
7) 45Beach FL.................................872
8) Dugger Western Canada..............626
9) wjanssen OH...............................253
10) Frank Bailey NY.........................881
11) JOEOC IL..................................629
12) minnie minosa VA......................366

Tie for 8th -- head-to-head play or run differential? :D
Frank Bailey

Postby Frank Bailey » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:58 pm

I prefer the load-when-ready program to assigned divisions just to facilitate entry. Any delay that hits someone in the East can be greatly magnified by the time it gets to the final players, who might have been able to load at 8 p.m. if they were allowed.

I agree with Bill that unique stadiums are a plus to a draft league. Maybe owners could announce their stadium here when they are within five minutes of loading their team into the league? So if Dave starts the league, he gets first choice of stadiums (fair enough for all the work he does for us). For everyone else, it's first come, first served. That would give some advantage to building a team quickly and getting it loaded early. What advantage someone might gain from seeing the direction other owners are taking could be lost because their first three choices for a stadium might disappear.

But I'm not too concerned about any of it. I'll gladly go along with whatever consensus we seem to be nearing.
Frank Bailey

Postby Moriarity » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:11 pm

Since I was the last to sign up, let deepdrive pick ahead of me. No problem here.
Moriarity

Postby Simon31 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:50 pm

Whoa! Just got home hmoe. Long day...bad little league game. Up 9-2 in the 4th, and then the errors, walks, HBP, and long balls that rolled in the weeds started. All with 2 outs. Just like playing this! lol Anyway...back to business.

[quote:56f3bda304]Tie for 8th -- head-to-head play or run differential?[/quote:56f3bda304]
We have had ties before and the way we've resolved them is the following nights lotto using the same states. I'll go look now.
Simon31

Next

Return to Individual League Chat