questions about ballparks

questions about ballparks

Postby htintx » Sun May 15, 2011 7:07 am

Since players are considered unique and can only be on one team, why aren't ballparks? It seems odd to me that several teams can have the exact same home ballpark, with the same season, but you can't have a different season with the same player on different teams.
htintx

Re: questions about ballparks

Postby PotKettleBlack » Mon May 16, 2011 11:19 am

[quote:04d28959e1="htintx"]Since players are considered unique and can only be on one team, why aren't ballparks? It seems odd to me that several teams can have the exact same home ballpark, with the same season, but you can't have a different season with the same player on different teams.[/quote:04d28959e1]

Probably the wrong forum, but because a building can be reproduced but a man cannot be cloned. As an example, during the 70's, teams in the NL (central especially) played in cookie cutter multifunction parks like Busch Stadium II, Three Rivers, and Riverfront. The parks all played about the same, balance to all sides, about fair in terms of the amount of fair ground, outfield size, etc. Astroturf. Etc.

Now, I'm not saying that Busch stadium, circa 1982 was the same as Riverfront and Three Rivers 1982, but they played pretty much the same, as they were cookie cutters.
PotKettleBlack

Return to Individual League Chat