European Stand-Off Chat

European Stand-Off Chat

Postby Jeepdriver » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:59 pm

[b:13a440a093]REPOST OF RULES:[/b:13a440a093]

This should be a fun theme league that will hopefully reignite some fading interest in the '10 set. We'll have a simple 2 round live draft on the boards followed by a frenzy. No waivers here. Frenzy time will probably be 11pm East Coast time on a date TBD. Hopefully we'll fill quick and have the frenzy this week.

[u:13a440a093]Particulars: [/u:13a440a093]
$80M '10 League
12 Teams/Advanced
DH
Prog. Drops
Any Stadium
This will be a frenzy/no waivers (explained later)
Division selected upon entrance to league

[b:13a440a093]European Stand-Off Theme League Rules: [/b:13a440a093]

* A 2 Round Live Draft in serpentine order as follows:

Round 1 will consist of picking a European Country. When picked, the Manager will own the "rights" to all the players that correspond to that Country. When I say correspond I mean whatever "letter" that Country starts with that Manager will hold rights to all players whose last name begins with that letter. For example, Manager 1 picks Belgium, so he owns the rights to all players whose last name begins with "B." Countries starting with the same letter can only be picked once; for example, if Belgium has been picked Belarus can't be picked later.

Round 2 will consist of picking any player from letters not corresponding to someone's Country. You cannot pick a player that starts with the same letter as the 12 Countries picked in Round 1. The serpentine format should give those on the end an advantage they may not have had in Round 1.

[b:13a440a093]Filling Out Your Draft Card:[/b:13a440a093]

1 - On your draft card you can only put players whose last name begins with your Country OR players whose last name begins with a letter not from one of the 12 picked Countries.

2 - Players in which you own the rights to should be put at the bottom of your draft card.

3 - Once the frenzy starts all players are fair game. Let me repeat that: ALL players are fair game once the frenzy starts. If someone decides to drop the player picked in Round 2 they can be picked up as well. Country designations do not apply once the frenzy starts.

[b:13a440a093]Additional Tidbits:[/b:13a440a093]

1 - Your team name should reflect your Country.

2 - Your Manager name should be someone associated with your Country, whether famous or infamous.

3 - Trading players associated with your Country not allowed. Other trades are OK.

4 - Randomizer will be done when league fills. Your number assignment will be the number you are when signing up.

5 - Please be available for the live draft if signing up. A two-hour time limit will be imposed thru Friday. If we're still drafting during the weekend a 6 hour T.L. will be imposed. 9am to midnight EDT

[b:13a440a093]European Countries for this League. No Country can be used that's not on this list.[/b:13a440a093]

Albania ....... Lithuania
Andorra .......Luxembourg
Armenia .......Macedonia
Austria ....... Malta
Azerbaijan ....Moldova
Belarus ....... Monaco
Belgium ....... Montenegro
Bosnia ..........Netherlands
Bulgaria ....... Norway
Croatia ....... Poland
Cyprus ....... Portugal
Czech Republic .. Romania
Denmark ....... Russia
Estonia ....... San Marino
Finland ....... Serbia
France ....... Slovakia
Georgia ....... Slovenia
Germany ....... Spain
Greece ....... Sweden
Hungary ....... Switzerland
Iceland ....... Turkey
Ireland ....... Ukraine
Italy ....... United Kingdom
Latvia ....... Vatican
Liechtenstein....
Last edited by Jeepdriver on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Jeepdriver

Postby Jeepdriver » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:01 pm

Here's our Chat Thread. Looks like Splinter will kick us off.

* Sorry Splinter. Made a mistake on the draft thread. Go ahead and procede as normal. This here is the chat thread.
Jeepdriver

Postby the splinter » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:13 pm

I'm torn between three letters

arrrgghhh!!!

Question...if I choose a country can I use a city or region of that country in my team name?

example...if I select R as in Russia could I be the Siberian Huskies managed by Rasputin?
the splinter

Postby artie4121 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:15 pm

I would say, pending confirmation, it is easier to use the country initial specifically to help us remember the letters used.

Thoughts?

Artie
artie4121

Postby Jeepdriver » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:32 pm

Your team name doesn't necessarily have to be specific. To me Siberia tells me Russia is your Country.
Jeepdriver

Postby AeroDave10 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:39 pm

I agree with Artie. I think that having the country's name would help, but seeing is how you could actually end up with at team with 0 guys with that last initial, it doesn't seem to matter either way.
AeroDave10

Postby Jeepdriver » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:09 pm

Yeah, this is mainly a fun theme. With most themes I have hard and fast rules, but in this one, as I did last year, there's leeway on team names and such.

Splinter advised me he needed to sleep on it and would pick first thing in the A.M.
Jeepdriver

Postby the splinter » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:49 am

damn that was tough!!!!

Went with C as I could not pass on Cano and Cabrerra

Guess I will have to count on Cain and Carpentar to be rock solid starters as I passed on several letters that would have served my staff much better

hahaha...I said served my staff...hahahaha
the splinter

Postby The Jerk Store » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:17 am

C and H (pure cane sugar) would have been my first two choices. I have 7 letters that I could roll with (I pick 8th). What are the odds that the 7 I have mapped out go before me?
The Jerk Store

Postby visick » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:19 am

Actually mine was an easy pick. Thanks splinter... :wink:

Halladay
Hamels
Hamilton
Hanigan
Hanson
Happ
Hardy
Haren
Hart