who to keep...who to drop

who to keep...who to drop

Postby DavidRis » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:15 pm

Hey guys...I need some advice. This team has some good pieces to start with...but I just dont know. could some of you check it out and give me some feedback. The league doesn't start until Monday.

:)

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2007/team/team_other.html?user_id=24253

Thanks!

Punchy
DavidRis

Postby geekor » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:03 pm

Not sure on the top heavy lineup. It's much better vs L, and I wouldn't fell comfortable with Phillips 6th and Irod 7th vs R.

On the other hand, I don't like and of the FA choices you have left vs R. You may not be able to improve that.

The only way I can see to improve it (and seeing as I've had bad experience with him I am not suggesting it just looking at the numbers) would be to drop Hafner for Sizemore (uhg) then drop Duffy for Mackowiak to platoon with Shef at DH.

Right now I see your lineup vs R as Bay, Thome, Hafner, Vlad, Atkins, Phillips, Irod, Agon, Duffy. those moves would make it Mack, Sizemore, Thome, Vlad, Atkins, Bay, Phillips, Irod, Agon. As I said it's the best I see (though I am blind) and not a move I would really suggest, just all I see maybe it would help you see something you could do.
geekor

Postby DavidRis » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:27 pm

I agree with you completely. The problem is the FA list right now....it sucks!
My thought was to keep these players as "chips" until someone else is dropped, probably right before the start of the league, or use them to trade. I need another good sp.
I have also used sizemore and had zero success with him! (suprisingly I always thought) So I wont go there again.
What about Tori Hunter instead of Duffy?? the only real difference in Shea would be the arm and price right? And what about Vlad in Shea?? Unlike sizemore...everytime I see Vlad he rocks, so I'm inclined to keep him even though it looks like he wouldnt be great in Shea.

Thanks Geekor!
8-)
DavidRis

made changes

Postby DavidRis » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:01 pm

I was kinda stuck on what to do based on the FA's avail.

What do you guys think now?

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2007/team/team_other.html?user_id=24253

:?
DavidRis

Return to Strategy