Maximize Bullpen

Maximize Bullpen

Postby texasdrawl » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:02 pm

I would like some insight on how to maximize the settings for my relievers? I've read some of the other posts which were quite helpful...just trying to see if I've got this right.

I have 4 strong starters and 2 equally strong reliever and then mostly scrubs.

Scrubs - currently have them on quick hook, 1-2 max, and mop-up (what the heck is mop-up anyway? when it's a blow-out?)
Starters - slow hook on all currently with exception of the weakest of the 4 (none checked)
Strong Relievers - slow hook checked for both

Manager settings - Smith set for setup AND closer - normal.

This is a 1986 league ($80M cap)

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/team/team_other.html?user_id=67732

I have read the noob help (very good), etc. Just trying to get up the learning curve sooner vs later. Thanks for all your help / insight.
texasdrawl

Postby emm9230 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:07 pm

1 - You don't need Nielsen with John available for both starting and relieving, pick-up another reliever.

2 - Carter will get hurt and up to 15 games at a time, get a better back-up than Sullivan.

3 - You need a back-up for Trammell, he will get hurt up to 3 games at a time, Nettles looks like the most logical to go.

4 - You've spent 38M on pitching, that need to be trimmed to improve your offense, especially in the OF.

5 - Rasmussen should be down graded below Fernandez' $ for a 4th starter.

6 - DH Canseco & CF Pettis both ways. Look for platoons in LF & RF with a 70 vs RHP / 30 vs LHP $ spent.

7- The Metrodome is basically a neutral park. The extra 3 BP 1B aren't that much.
emm9230

Postby emm9230 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:54 am

Scrubs - avoid opposite hand also

Mop-up means when your team falls behind big time, but that can be early in a game too, so watch that the scrubs aren't keeping you from coming back in a game.

Fernandez would be considered a strong #4 in most leagues.

John should not be listed in the rotation so he can pitch in relief.
emm9230

Return to Strategy