Defense? I don't need no stinking defense!

Postby blueiguana » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:57 pm

Somewhere on these threads someone did a calculation of how many base hits each defensive rank gives up. It wasn't perfect, but I found it useful to see how much extra offense you need to make up going from, say, 2 to 3 at a position. As I look at the pricing this year, it does seem that defensive value is reflected pretty well. But in Strat defense can be commoditized as well as offense, and if you can get sufficient offense to offset the defensive hit, I don't see why you can't win.

[quote:a3e8d56dc8]All best of luck sandy, hope the USKL goes well for you [/quote:a3e8d56dc8]
As a new member of that league, I don't agree entirely with that one! :wink:
blueiguana

Postby cirills » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:45 pm

Understood BI ... I just hope we can begin our FA Draft before the All-Star break. :roll:
cirills

Postby dneedle1 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:47 pm

I had a lot of fun (and some success) in past years fielding (if you'll pardon the term) a team full of iron gloves. I'm autodrafting a team now, inspired by this thread, a lousy defensive team (which will be managed by Ralph Kiner, the ultimate good field no hit outfielder). I'll post on that team, and its triumphs and failures.
dneedle1

Previous

Return to Strategy