need advice from experts please....

need advice from experts please....

Postby DavidRis » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:29 am

I would appreciate any thoughts on this MM team.

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2006/team/team_other.html?user_id=11050

I have stockpiled players and now need to decide who to keep and who to let go. So please don't freak out when you see too many players on the team. It's only temporary.
:D

Thanks guys, as always I appreciate the advice.
DavidRis

Postby geekor » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:28 am

Carpenter, Webb, Street and Villone are all keepers

Cabrera (at 3b), Jones, Gomez, Thomas, Castillo, Wilson should stay. I've also had good luck with Hernandez, though I platoon him with Molina/Olivio vs lefties.

Garcia, Byrd, Arroyo could complete your rotation... Glavine is actually ok, but he turns all SH into R, which hurts your park.

You need a good #2 man behind Castillo leading off, even though he's a 4, I'd love Gomes here in that spot. Burrel works vs lefties, not so much vs righties. Giles could work also, but a bit pricier..

1b looks a bit thin... Helton, Howard or Shelton seem to be the best bets..

Seanez makes a good RP, with Betencourt or R Hernandez if you miss him...
geekor

Postby DavidRis » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:57 pm

Ok. sounds good.

what about polanco....no good here?? you think castillo is a good leadoff guy against righties? What about keeping cano as a backup to both thomas at dh, and castillo at 2b, both of who are injury prone?? Also Loe Kameron...I've seen him dominate in MM in two different leagues....but he's a 5 day guy, so I was thinking bullpen or the dreaded mixing in with the 4 day starters for home starts.
:)
I might go get Giles now....I was thinking about him before you said that. But how would giles mix w/castillo at the top of the order. dont they both have a lot of gba???

thanks so much for the help!!
DavidRis

Postby DavidRis » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:19 pm

ok
made some changes...dropped polanco, farnsworth, and glavine.

got gomes, howard, arroyo so far.

what about the pen??? and do you like gomes over giles??
DavidRis

Postby geekor » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:33 pm

i.e. Polanco... where you going to play him? Cabrera's vlaue is at 3b, castillo at 2b, no place for Polanco...

Castillo still has near 45 ob chances, not great mind you, but adequite. I've been using Eldred as a backup to Thomas recently, and 2.5 mil is too much to backup, even if it is for 2 spots, especially with the cheapie RF platoon you got going.

I'll tell you a secret, a guy who is on all my MM teams as does much better than the $$ suggests. B Lawrence, get him as your #4/5. Byrd does well, and if you want a cheap SP/RP (to use in releif only pretty much) I'd suggest K Wood. Loe is good, but I think you need tos pend the $$ a little wiser, instead of on luxeries. Get a 4 man rotation. Garcia, Byrd, J Johnson, Lawrence.

here are some links for suggestions:

60 mil MM team:
http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2006/team/team_other.html?user_id=7843

pitching oriented MM team:
http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2006/team/team_other.html?user_id=5046

cheapo pitching in MM:
http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2006/team/team_other.html?user_id=8871

Keep in mind you team is strong vs RHP, but lefites will pose problems for you. you need a platoon mate for Howard (too bad Niekro is gone). Maybe get a RF who is strong vs L, who will only be batting 8th or 9th vs R.
geekor

Postby DavidRis » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:07 am

Thanks Geekor!! That was a big big help!

What do you think about giles vs. gomes??
and how should I set the pen up? Should Street be my closer or 6-8 guy??
I made some more changes...
DavidRis

Postby visick » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:54 am

I'd keep Giles in RF. You could use another lefty bat here, since you've got 2 righty sluggers already.

Street needs to get the bulk of your innings. He's too expensive not to throw 100+ innings.

Nice looking team btw... :D
visick

mm team

Postby rgimbel » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:49 am

looks great you may want to pu a cheap right hand catcher who hits lefties like pratt so you can platoon your c he always does well for me in hitters parks you should also think about street setting up and closing
rgimbel

Postby DavidRis » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:07 pm

thanks guys....

so I get that street def needs to pitch 6-8, but do I also put him in as closer?? what will HAL do??

Ok, I'll stick with Giles...and I am going to address the backup catcher role.
Pratt's not avail but that might change, molina might turn up as well.
Still not sure about the pen. Should I keep all 6??

DavidRis

Postby rgimbel » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:47 pm

I have used Heilman in that role he is a r3 and not an r2 so that might make a difference but I check do not use before 7th and have him close and set up works out pretty well just need other closers on the team to help out
rgimbel

Next

Return to Strategy