Wrigley Studs? (Team Help)

Wrigley Studs? (Team Help)

Postby hechojazz » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:25 pm

Are players' clutch ratings available online? They don't appear on the individual player cards that I can see. Must one pay for a disc or something to get at that kind of thing? Who in the '05 set is particularly clutch?

In a different vein, I'm planning to put together my first '05 team, and I'm interested in playing it at righty-friendly Wrigley. I've been playing the '03 cards in lefty-friendly Miller Park. Any solid recommendations on key pitchers and hitters to try and grab for a Wrigley team?

:roll:
Last edited by hechojazz on Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
hechojazz

Clutch Ratings

Postby LMBombers » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:57 pm

Clutch ratings are clearly seen on every player's card, if he has one. Look for the $ next to a dice roll result on a hitter's card. If it is next to a hit that means that hitter will groundout with 2 outs instead of getting the hit. If the $ is next to an out result then with 2 outs that turns into a single**, which is positive clutch.

When people say this hitter is a +6 clutch or this other hitter is a -8 clutch, that is determined by adding up the + or - clutch symbols on the card. If the $ is next to a roll of 7 then that would be 6 points of + or - clutch. If the $ is on a 2 or 12 roll, that would be 1 point of clutch, etc, etc. All cards will only have all positive or all negative clutch points if they have any at all. None of the cards have both + and - clutch.

Hope this helps! :)
LMBombers

Postby visick » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:20 am

Believe it or not, the best player to grab for Wrigley is Bonds. Mauer is probably #2.
visick

Postby hechojazz » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:18 am

Both Bonds and Mauer are lefties...how is it that they'd be the best in a park that benefits righthanded batters?
hechojazz

Postby visick » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:59 am

Both have ALOT of natural HR's and are assured of seeing ALOT of RH's.

I like Sweeney as a righty DH too.
visick

Postby LMBombers » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:33 am

A few reverse RH batters would be good like Sweeney, Bagwell, Alou, Taguchi, etc. You don't want too many of them or your opponents will pitch LHP against you.
LMBombers

Postby hechojazz » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:04 pm

Well, my Wrigley '05 team will be drafting tonight...I'm trying for the following lineup...hope I get most of them. If I do, what mistakes am I making?

C Ivan Rodriguez
1B Konerko
2B Roberts
3B Alfonzo/Ventura
SS Orlando Cabrera
LF Mohr
CF Kotsay
RF Guillen
DH Bonds

For pitching, I'm trying for Sheets, Glavine and Maddux to work as my main guns, with a selection of .50 guys to matchup with: Sele (R4L), Fossum (L7L), Oliver (L4R) and Munro (R7R).

The pen? Benitez, Harper and Atchison.

I'm sure the team will look a bit different than that tomorrow morning post-draft, but any ideas out there?
hechojazz

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:43 am

[quote:75cdd29306]Both have ALOT of natural HR's and are assured of seeing ALOT of RH's.
[/quote:75cdd29306]

how many teams really set up their rotation against ONE opponent?

Playing Shea or Wrigley will not change that much the % of rhp or lhp you face, in my opinion.
MARCPELLETIER

Postby hechojazz » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:04 am

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2005/team/team_other.html?user_id=22621

Well, I didn't fare particularly well with the auto draft...I've dumped Phil Nevin already, who I got instead of Konerko. I'm getting rid of Ginter and Carlos Lee in waivers. My pitching selections didn't work out well either, as I need three * pitchers to work my .50 matchup strategy. So I'm getting rid of El Duque and Halladay. But there's little quality left as far as * pitchers go... I'm dropping MEadows in waivers too, hoping for a better setup guy.

Any ideas? Should I punt on the plan to platoon Ventura and Alfonzo at 3B, cashing them in for one guy? Regarding pitching, since I've failed to land three high $ stud *SPs, my plan to go with a 3 man pen might be something I'll need to change as well, eh? BUMMER! I just won my division in an '03 league last night, pursuing this strategy. I'd hate to cash it in. But if my waivers don't work out (and maybe even if they do), my starting pitching may not be strong enough to support what I'm trying to do here.

By the way, the three other parks in my division are Montreal, Bank One and Jacobs - not too bad.
hechojazz

Postby visick » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:27 pm

Nevin is kinda nice protection batting behind Bonds, not that he needs any...

Always nice with him or Konerko, if a team has a reverse LH like Pettitte or Lowry. :D
visick

Next

Return to Strategy