Newbie looking for some advice on two teams

Newbie looking for some advice on two teams

Postby LionelHutz057 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:37 pm

Hi. I'm rather new to SOM Online and am looking for some help with my two active teams.

70's team
http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/70s/team/team_other.html?user_id=6222

Downing's card is 1979.

I dropped Knepper, Eckersley, Braun, Rose, Winfield and Lynn over the weekend and added Tiant, Marichal, Gamble, Billy Williams, Dave Parker, and Otis. Should I make any more changes? Any room for improvement? Trying to at least contend in my division or break .500. (I can dream, right?)

ATG III team
http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/atg3/team/team_other.html?user_id=19936

I've got about $1,000,000 in cash and need to spend it. I don't think I've made any transactions since the season started.
LionelHutz057

Postby LMBombers » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:30 pm

For your 70's team the hitters you recently picked up seem to be doing very well. The next time you make moves I would consider dropping one of your catchers. You only need 2 catchers since all of your catchers can't become injured at the same time.

Your biggest weakness right now is SP. Playing in a pitcher friendly park like Comisky you should have better pitching stats than you do. The only SP worth saving right now is Perry IMO. I would start changing out a couple SP at a time until you find some SP in good years. Give them about 3 starts to show you something. Without showing any promise in three starts in a row is enough for me to throw in the towel.

I don't know ATG well enough to offer any suggestions. You might try posting your ATG team in the ATG section. I think those guys pretty much keep to themselves and their forum for the most part.
LMBombers

Return to Strategy