Getting a sp/RP NOT TO PITCH IN RELIEF

Getting a sp/RP NOT TO PITCH IN RELIEF

Postby JAMESSCHUBERT » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:23 pm

I have a team in my division who starts righties in 7 of his 8 batters against righties. I am 65% in to the season so I will see him a high percent of the remaining schedule. I am considering picking up Wasdin who is lights out vs righties. If I pick him up and always schedule him to start the next game of the following series will HAL not pitch him in the current series?
JAMESSCHUBERT

Postby LMBombers » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:50 am

Just list him in your rotation settings and he won't pitch in relief except in a marathon game where your other RPs are used up. You can still then use your per game starters settings too. They override the rotation settings but by having him in your "rotation" settings that will tell HAL not to use him in relief.
LMBombers

Postby LA Bear » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:16 am

Curious: If you have 4 SP*, will this strategy still work? If it does, I like it!
LA Bear

Postby CHARLESBELL » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:38 am

[quote:ebb35e73b1="LA Bear"]Curious: If you have 4 SP*, will this strategy still work? If it does, I like it![/quote:ebb35e73b1]

yes it will. TSN uses a rule where HAL always starts with your #1 SP and goes down the list and picks the first SP that is available to pitch. So a 5th SP in a 4 man *SP rotation will never be selected to start and won't be used in relief.
CHARLESBELL

Return to Strategy