Interested in joining a Back to the 80's League but unsure

Interested in joining a Back to the 80's League but unsure

Postby AdamPhoenix » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:45 pm

your ready for it....New to Strat-o-Matic in general...looking for a league where you don't have to worry about unethical and immoral occurences. Well, currently I am running a league in the Back to the 80's section of Strat-o-Matic. My concept, is a league that has new owners and vets. And of course, any new owner reading this is probably thinking why would I want to waste my money in a league with vets.

Well, the answer is, simple, it isn't going to be so simple for the vets. To level the playing field, I have devised a couple of rules. First, the vets have a poison pill...each vet is told what their individual restrictions that they must follow by another vet. Next, during the season, each new owners is entitled to "raid" a vet of one of their players (and the vet is obligated to make the trade). Finally, after every move a vet makes, they are obligated to give a brief explanation so the new onwers may learn the game from the vets, in addition the new owners can ask the vets in public forum any question about Strat-O-Matic, and the vet needs to answer.

Currently, we have three to four spots to fill in the West Division. If your a new owner interested in joining or even a vet who is up to the challenge, please come over to the Back to the 80's message board, and look for the "New League - Just for New Owners" (side note: the league has changed from its original intent, henceforth the reason why the name of the thread doesn't match the gist of the league anymore). Here is the link to the thread:

[url]http://forums-beta.sportingnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=26545&start=75[/url]
AdamPhoenix

Return to Strategy