'Extremely Ambitious Live Draft' - Important Poll

Do you want a supplemental draft?

Total votes : 0

'Extremely Ambitious Live Draft' - Important Poll

Postby ArrylT » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:33 pm

Please vote on this poll at your earliest convenience, and before the end of the draft.

Note 1: Without a supplemental draft you are restricted to the 25 players you have drafted in this draft, and/or any players acquired via trade.

Note 2: Owners are [b:54c0cb412d]NOT[/b:54c0cb412d] required to make any picks in the supplemental draft unless they so wish.

Note 3: There will be no salary cap on the 2-4-6 round supplemental draft, but we are playing in an 80m salary cap league, so you will have to fit them on to your roster if you wish to use them.

Note 4: This draft will not start until the autodraft is run, so will not interfere with the loading of the league or cause further delays, but rather will be held during the pre-season.
ArrylT

Postby LMBombers » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 am

Depending on what day the AD is run I see little chance of completing 2, 4 or 6 rounds of 36 prior to opening day based on the speed of this draft. All it would take is for one owner to not respond for a day or two to completely trash the supplemental draft for everyone. Then what do you do if we are in the middle of a round that wasn't completed? Then what if it was an odd numbered round meaning that the teams in the reverse order (even number rounds) didn't get a fair opportunity in the draft?

I think I'm for a supplemental draft of some sort but against trying to run it in a few days with a hard deadline of the approaching season.
LMBombers

Postby Proverbial Psalms » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:00 am

Here's my idea for "speed" to completion:

Have every manager post up to 10-15 guys they want in priority order... and also a state lottery, and then we run it like league waivers- i.e. use the lottery to rank the 36 teams and cycle thru, even in serpentine order, until all lists are exhausted... that is until each team gets 2 or 4 or 6 players.

Since they are scrub players anyway (likely), it's not such a big deal having everyone's "wants" posted publically... or everyone could just PM their top-10 list to one person (like public proxies) and that person who could compile a master list and post it before the lotteries are run.

By the way, I'd be happy to volunteer as the "coordinator" who'd compile the lists and then organize which players go to which teams... :) (to alleviate those not wanting to do this because it might be too much work).

AT... ok with you? others?
Proverbial Psalms

Postby LMBombers » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:18 am

wjanssen, I LOVE that idea! :D :D :D

I vote for 6 rounds of "waivers" as described above. You get however many you get and thats it. If you turn in a list of 20 players and you only end up with 3 of them then you only have a 3 player farm system. If you turn in a list of 50 you might get all 6 that you want.

This allieviates any problem of not finishing rounds etc. We just set a deadline to turn in your waiver list to wjanssen. Anybody who turns one in participates in having a farm system and those that don't will only have the 25 players they live draft.

Did I mention that I LOVE that idea? :D 8) :D
LMBombers

Postby TONYDIMINI » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:14 pm

I like the above idea, either way, I'd pefer the draft to be complete before the season starts, so that you could insert the player after draft, but before the season starts, giving you a chance to reduce roster.
Failing above have a 10 minute draft clock for any amount of rounds, those that refuse to use proxies only harm themselves.

My 2 cents
TONYDIMINI

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:43 pm

No I don't like that idea. I think it would be too confusing, time consuming and too easy to make errors.

We can easily close out each league on a Sat/Sun/Monday giving 7-10 days of pre-season, and with a 2 or even a 3 hour clock that would be more than enough time to finish even a 6 round draft. Remember there would be no pausing, and no wait for owners to be replaced. You don't pick in your time limit, on to the next person.

I am quite comfortable going with a straight 24-25 man roster. The supplemental draft is simply there to help owners be more flexible, and if the majority don't want that - then that is kewl by me. I'd rather not get involved in anything more complex & time consuming.
ArrylT

Postby Proverbial Psalms » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:52 pm

While I disagree that the proposed solution is too complicated... I acknowledge you as our commissioner and that we look to you to make such decisions! So no problem.

The offer is there should you change your mind as we get closer.
Proverbial Psalms

Postby Treyomo » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:20 pm

I understand the reasoning for drafting 32 players total, but I would rather just draft a regular roster and use FA pickups to supplement or change our team.
Treyomo

Postby LMBombers » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:00 pm

Since there will be 3 different leagues it would be too difficult to coordinate FA pickups within all 3 leagues at once. Therefore we have to either draft a farm system or not. This is a 26 round draft but you only get 25 players (and 1 stadium).
LMBombers

Postby FoggyOne » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:27 pm

draft full 26 rounds.....as advertised. keep the common scrub free agent pool for EACH league.

Its slow, but it works.
FoggyOne

Next

Return to Individual League Chat