CF question for any Forbes Vets.

Postby modmark46 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:55 pm

Again, some real good input. Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions. I have carefully weighed all of them. As of this point, I have not made any changes. Sometimes, the best move is the one you don't make, perhaps. Still mulling, however. :)
modmark46

Postby gkhd11a » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:36 am

Doby is a champion. His best offensive attribute is his positive clutch and ability to hit HR's in Bomber parks. His defense is second only to Geronimo and Mays, I guess that makes him third. The Carter/Doby duo is especially effective although your team might struggle to score runs at time, especially with no real good lead off hitter. Hope you have good pitching still I would keep him.
gkhd11a

Postby gamiam » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:44 pm

Doby is worth the money in any park in my opinion. I use him everywhere, at least. Love that arm. He doesn't live off of his ballpark homers so he doesn't lose THAT much in pitchers parks.

In refernece to the Geronimo/Lemon platoon, if you look at the nubers closely, Geronimo isn't that much better than Lemon to righties to make it worth the platoon. You might as well just play Lemon and use the cash elsewhere.
gamiam

Postby aceventura55369 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:05 pm

I think you should listen & drop Bowa & that Gary Carter guy, he's awful, of course I'm in your division. :D
aceventura55369

Postby modmark46 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:30 pm

Well, I ended up keeping Doby. But, I dropped Koosman to Seaver. Hated to, but felt I needed a LH bat with some pop, even in Forbes. So, upgraded K. Hernandez to Powell. In Forbes, they are essentially a wash, although Hernandez would be a little better vs LHs. But in the other parks in my division, Powell is definitely superior to Hernandez, offensively. I've used Powell in pitchers parks before, and although his average suffers, he still puts up good power numbers for me. I really do like Koosman, but I think Seaver will do all right as my #3 guy.
As far as leadoff, although not ideal, it's going to have to be Cleon. I'd prefer to bat him lower vs LHs, but one can't have everything.
Here is how my lineups are currently set:

Lineup vs. LHP
1. Jones, Cleon (R) LF
2. Schoendienst, Red (S) 2B
3. Furillo, Carl (R) RF
4. Carter, Gary (R) C
5. Powell, Boog (L) 1B
6. Rolfe, Red (L) 3B
7. Bowa, Larry (S) SS
8. Doby, Larry (L) CF
9. Pitcher P

Lineup vs. RHP