The "Dunk JeepDriver" League Chat

Postby Jeepdriver » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:41 am

Anxious to hear what Kev has to say today. Not only a Dunk, but a Dunk where he managed only 5 runs the entire series. With Kev having pretty much nothing to worry about the last few weeks having by far best record, all of a sudden yours truly is Red Hot, has a +138 Run Differential, AND you have to play him in the first Round. :)

Jitters or Confident? :wink:
Jeepdriver

Postby ANDREWLAITURI » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:57 am

8 STRAIGHT LOSSES?? HOLY CRAP! When did Kev's team morph into mine?! :shock: :shock: :shock:
ANDREWLAITURI

Postby Jeepdriver » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:07 am

I like my chances heading into the first round. As anyone who has eyes can see my team is set-up pretty well with Kev's. Also, He is limping to the finish line, while I'm 14-4 in my last 18 games.

--- I wanna thank my GM, too. A tough decision was made in early September to drop Tont Clark. We also brought in Arroyo and Penny, dropped Loe and Hampton...completely dropped Timlin and expanded Walker and Sanchez's role in the pen. In addition, we had to drop McLouth who was filling in very nicely when Clark or Dye got hurt and was batting well over .300. Had to drop him to acquire DeRosa, so that Howard would have a platoon mate. That's a lot of moves for a contending club to make and not just hold our own, but improve the ballclub. 8)
Jeepdriver

Postby bigmahon » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:24 am

Looking forward to the playoffs as well. I held off some tough SOBs for the division, and have the league's best pitching.

So anything can happen. :wink:
bigmahon

Postby Jeepdriver » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:34 am

Big, I gotta wait a series, but I'll put you away in due time. :lol: :wink:

In all seriousness you have a darn good team there Big. Unfortunately since this has been a Dunk League most of the press has been centered around the East. You've been quite a sport considering your squad kinda had to take a back seat publicity-wise, but your squad will be heard from in the post-season, I'm sure of. All that said, take it easy on me in the Finals, ok? :wink:
Jeepdriver

Postby bigmahon » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:54 am

Jeez Jeep, looking ahead to the Finals are we? :wink: :lol:

That's gonna go up on the wall in the Snob's clubhouse! :shock:
bigmahon

Postby ANDREWLAITURI » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:05 am

Rumor has it that Jeep has already ordered the rings! :shock: :wink: :mrgreen:
ANDREWLAITURI

Postby cummings2 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:39 am

:lol:

-Big congrats to all in the post.

Thanks for making this a pretty good read and the league such good fun it actually compensated for the fact that I am the official worst dunker in the universe :oops:

Ty. Always great being in a league with you...I get such a kick from knowing that there's at least one dude out there dressing as General Patton :wink:

Biggie, Mr. Beast In The West. Good to see the dice weren't loaded in this league and you got a good team to play the way it's supposed to. I think I got the bad case of "inexplicable" rolls you had for some time. How can I fix it? :shock:

Good luck to y'all we'll have to do this again.
cummings2

Postby KEVINEHLE » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:47 am

[quote:e2f5a0d2c2="Jeepdriver"]Anxious to hear what Kev has to say today. Not only a Dunk, but a Dunk where he managed only 5 runs the entire series. With Kev having pretty much nothing to worry about the last few weeks having by far best record, all of a sudden yours truly is Red Hot, has a +138 Run Differential, AND you have to play him in the first Round. :)

Jitters or Confident? :wink:[/quote:e2f5a0d2c2]

WOW!! :shock: :shock:
We'll need to call a tow truck to haul my Escalades over the finish line!! 8 straight losses--most of them embarrasing isn't the type of ending we were looking for. The high priced wheels have fallen off. How do my imaginary players know they've won the division and can play half-ass until the playoffs? I went ahead and pulled most of my lineup for tonight's series against the Hershey guys. Perhaps, the break will do them some good!! It looks like a 1st round series vs. my good friend.....the Jeepster!! He should be happy about that!! :cry: He owns my team!! :cry:

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby KEVINEHLE » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:52 am

[quote:751419b866="bigmahon"]Jeez Jeep, looking ahead to the Finals are we? :wink: :lol:

That's gonna go up on the wall in the Snob's clubhouse! :shock:[/quote:751419b866]

We have walls and walls of Jeep quotes pinned to our clubhouse walls!! It turns out he talks a lot during the season! :lol: :lol: :lol:
We'll have to turn up the heat at Minute Maid on Monday Night. The key factor is that Rey Sanchez will be back!! Since he got hurt, we've been ice cold. I did not know he was a key to our team's success. :? :?

Kev
KEVINEHLE

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat