PJs Keeper League

PJs Keeper League

Postby PJ Axelsson » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:20 pm

Okay, so I guess we gotta move over here. Here's the last page of posts, as well as the basic rules again, with all the updates I believe to be correct. I gotta figure out hard and fast rules for the rest of the season...

CRAP :cry: side retired, sox losing a chance to gain ground... :roll:

What a great pennant/playoff race in the AL this year!

The particulars:

-First off, I'm open to suggestions or requests here. If you've got a good idea or feels something sucks, speak up.

-This is a Keeper League.

-We will use live drafts. Each draft will be for 27 rounds, the complete squad (ie no frenzies or waivers - I think this is important especially for the first two seasons, plus, why do we always have to abbreviate the live drafts?) Since we'll be keeping players, only the first round will be for 27, from then on, they will shorten. Anyone who wants to keep a roster of 23m can pass on additional rounds. Those who want depth can keep picking.

-Roster changes can be made after the league is officially drafted by the TSN site. Protected players can be dropped if need be. I can't really imagine a scenario where a protected player would be dropped anyway, but if some guy comes in to camp fat and out of shape, feel free to send him packing.

-We will commit to 5 Leagues or be responsible for finding a replacement owner to pick up your mess if you need to drop out.

-We will have unique ballparks that will be drafted prior to the first season and will remain with the team throughout the course of the 5 seasons. Each owner will be allowed to change their park at the cost of 2m. However, they must then select a new park that is not already in use. Once we reach the 100m cap, no stadium changes will be allowed.

-No more name restriction, this is entirely up to you. I can't wait to see Munich Man's variety of names

-At the conclusion of each season, the keeper players will be identified and the rest will be put back into a pool for the next league's live draft, which will begin at an agreed upon date.

-All drafts will be live. Each draft will consist of a complete 27 rounds, effectively filling the rosters. No hurry or pressure to crank these leagues out, we'll go at the pace everyone is comfortable with. Any owner can skip any number of picks if he wants (e.g. you can stop picking at 18 picks and autodraft the rest by choice).

-We can use Penngray's site, or if you all like the banter associated with the boards we can go that route. The boards would be my preference.

-Trades will be allowed at any time, and picks can be traded. Dealing for future picks is allowed, within reason. I doubt that any deal will be made inappropriately, but we'll throw in this safeguard. Commissioner PJ has final ruling on any weasel like deal.

Season 1 (50m): Following the season, owners can keep 6 players (any amount of money)
Season 2 (60m): Following the season, owners can keep 8 players (any amount of money)
Season 3 (80m): Following the season, owners can keep 10 players (any amount of money)

Season 4 (100m): Following the season, owners can keep 12 players (any amount of money)

Season 5 (200m): Finale

Draft order:

For season #1, we will use standard quick pick lottery to determine the draft order.

For Season #2 and #4, we will use the previous year's finish order to determine the draft order. The 12th place team will pick first, 11th second...Tie breakers will be determined by run differential first (worst run differential goes first), then by home losses (most home losses goes first). If that is still tied, commissioner will do a coin toss. No need to go further in a tiebreaker.

For season #3, the 80m cap season, we will tally the wins from the two previous seasons and the best combined record will get the first pick, and so on. Tiebreakers will be determined by finishing order in the first league, then playoff wins (if applicable), then a commissioner coin toss. The idea of this is to give everyone one more incentive to win with the low cap leagues rather than stockpile players for future caps.

For season #5, we will use another quick pick lottery to determine draft order.

Division assignments:

League #1: Draft order 1-12 will determine divisions, 1-E, 2-C, 3-W, 4-E, 5-C, 6-W,...standard assignments
League #2 - #4: Same idea, as the division assignments should shuffle naturally.
League #5: Back to the original divisional assignments from League #1
PJ Axelsson

Postby PJ Axelsson » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:27 pm

We're all busy, but this league will continue. My current team sucks.
PJ Axelsson

Postby edbazo » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:20 am

I love this league! ;)
edbazo

Postby doc x » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:58 pm

Ed is right! This league is loads of fun. Thanks for letting me be a part of it!
doc x

Postby PJ Axelsson » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:21 am

We are at game 140, and here are the important rules:

[i:1018861156]Season 2 (60m): Following the season, owners can keep 8 players (any amount of money)

For season #3, the 80m cap season, we will tally the wins from the two previous seasons and the best combined record will get the first pick, and so on. Tiebreakers will be determined by finishing order in the first league, then playoff wins (if applicable), then a commissioner coin toss. The idea of this is to give everyone one more incentive to win with the low cap leagues rather than stockpile players for future caps. [/i:1018861156]

Not looking good for the weasels at this point.
PJ Axelsson

Postby Munich_Man » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:05 am

Except for that no-good, tiebreak-stealing weasel EdBazo!!! :evil:

(_)ß
Munich_Man

Postby edbazo » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:40 pm

Flattery will get you nowhere, pal.

Now, who to take with that number one pick? :wink:
edbazo

Postby abnerdoubleday » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:44 pm

Ossie Bluege is trying to get to a minimum ratio of 1 RBI for every $10K it cost to have him. So far he has 75 RBI's vs. a cost of $820K. 8) With 24 games left to the season, he only needs 7 more RBI's.
abnerdoubleday

Postby PJ Axelsson » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:27 pm

[quote:e07bf28703]For season #3, the 80m cap season, we will tally the wins from the two previous seasons and the best combined record will get the first pick, and so on. Tiebreakers will be determined by finishing order in the first league, then playoff wins (if applicable), then a commissioner coin toss. The idea of this is to give everyone one more incentive to win with the low cap leagues rather than stockpile players for future caps.[/quote:e07bf28703]

Here is the final tally from seasons 1 and 2, and thus the draft order for season 3:

Totals
Owner W
Ed bazo 194
dr. x 176
tkl 170
PJMB 167
Rob55 167
AceVentura 165
Abner Doubleday 164
Munich Man 162
Minnie Minoso 155
PJ Axelsson 151
Bobby 144
Mr.BBW 129

PJMB wins the tiebreaker with Robb55 based on his 89 wins in season 1 vs. Rob's 83 wins.

[quote:e07bf28703]Season 3 (80m): Following the season, owners can keep 10 players (any amount of money) [/quote:e07bf28703]

This will not change, keep 10 and post your keepers whenever you want.

[quote:e07bf28703]Division assignments:

League #1: Draft order 1-12 will determine divisions, 1-E, 2-C, 3-W, 4-E, 5-C, 6-W,...standard assignments
League #2 - #4: Same idea, as the division assignments should shuffle naturally.
League #5: Back to the original divisional assignments from League #1[/quote:e07bf28703]

Divisions for League #3 (the 80m league) will be as follows:

East
Ed bazo
PJMB
Abner Doubleday
PJ Axelsson

Central
dr. x
Rob55
Munich Man
Bobby

West
tkl
AceVentura
Minnie Minoso
Mr.BBW

That about covers it for now. We need to come up with a draft start date, but that can wait until after the playoffs. Can't wait up, will have to listen to the end of this one on the radio...I'm hoping for 7 games, and I guess I gotta say I want the White Sox to win but won't be disappointed one way or another.

Would anyone be surprised if El Duque is still pitching 10 years from now in the World Series for some team? :o
PJ Axelsson

Postby abnerdoubleday » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:57 am

[quote:3a791e715e]
Season 3 (80m): Following the season, owners can keep 10 players (any amount of money)

"This will not change, keep 10 and post your keepers whenever you want."[/quote:3a791e715e]

PJ did you mean to say we keep 8 going into this draft for the $80M league, since we just finished the $60M league? Thanks.
abnerdoubleday

Next

Return to Individual League Chat