need advice from experts please....

Postby MICHAELTARBELL » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:17 pm

Street should be used to setup and close both ways to maximize his use...
MICHAELTARBELL

Postby visick » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:50 pm

Grab Todd Greene then, he's available.
visick

Postby geekor » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:52 pm

you need to set Street to avoid before 8th, slow hook, set him to setup and close vs boht sides.that should get 150 innings assuming your team gets him the lead.

After that, I'd replace Carrera for a hard Righty, Osoria, Putz, etc. Set your hard R and Hard L (villone) to avoid before 7th, quick hook, avoid their bad side, max 1-2. Then set Boyer and Eishen avoid before 6th, quick hook, max 1-2.Leave Seanez alone, with everyone else set to avoid before 6th, he will be the only one to come in if a SP gets knocked out early.
geekor

Postby geekor » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:53 pm

Green or Closser (sp?) should be good enoough if Molina or Olivio don't pop up.
geekor

Postby DavidRis » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:27 pm

ok got greene.....I'll keep my eye open for molina/olivo
got putz....

You've brought me this far...so how would you bat the order??
:D
DavidRis

Postby geekor » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:05 pm

vs R

Castillo, Giles, Cabrera, Howard, Jones, Hernandez, Thomas, Singleton, Wilson

vs L

Giles, Thomas, Castillo, Cabrera....

after that, the rest aint too good, as I said your team will be weak vs lefties. not sure who is left, but you may want to upgrade your LF or 1b platoon side to be someone better vs lefties. Kapler, Jones, Gomez, none are great #5 hitter, all should be like 7th or below, th at the absolute highest.

EDIT: You could afford to pick up Podsednilk, lead him off vs lefties, 9th vs righties, good enough.
geekor

Postby DavidRis » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:13 pm

ok check it out one more time and tell me what you think.
I think its looking pretty good! would you change anything? the rotation? should I have 6 rp?? I set them up as directed.

I got pods like you suggested......good idea. (his noddle arm bothers me a bit, but its cool)

you guys rock, really. thanks geekor and everyone else!! you make the game fun!!
:D

ps. what about relief usage and closer usage?? since street is set for setup and closer, do I set closer at reg or max? and relief usage....normal right??

anyway....thanks again!!!
maybe I'll finally win at MM!!
DavidRis

Postby visick » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:38 am

Leave the RP settings on regular.

Don't worry about Pod's arm. Guys are not gonna run on Jones in CF and most hits will go up the middle.

Your 4th. SP combo scares me a little. While I've had luck with Lawrence in Petco or a righty power park, him and El Duque might cause problems in the wrong park.

You might be better off keeping Lawrence and using him ONLY @ MM or Petco (if there are enough righty bats on that team) and try freeing up enough $ to grab a cheap LH that gets lefties out. I like Robertson and H. Ramirez.
visick

Postby visick » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:41 am

I would throw a LH against that Braves team in your division.
visick

Postby JOELKING » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:50 am

[quote:03d72bc027="rgimbel"]I have used Heilman in that role he is a r3 and not an r2 so that might make a difference but I check do not use before 7th and have him close and set up works out pretty well just need other closers on the team to help out[/quote:03d72bc027]

Heilman, you can set do avoid using before 6th, he is that good. and have street close and not come before the 8th. street is valueable, but heilman is one of the best in the deck, give Heilman more of the bulk here.
JOELKING

Previous

Return to Strategy