'Greg Aquino' Theme League**

Postby KEVINEHLE » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:01 am

My worst fear!! I had Clemens on top and ended up with Felix Hernandez as the booby prize. I put Harden near the top and got him. He should be good for about 200 solid relief innings! :wink: However, I didn't get Pujols, Pedro, Johan, or any other key guys! :cry:

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby pinhead1987 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:52 pm

I don't know if my message went through this morning so I'll post it here that my #1 waiver from Aquino is Jason Bay. Sorry if it's a double post I wasn't sure.
pinhead1987

Postby KEVINEHLE » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:35 pm

Aray--I can relate!! I need to fill several positions! What a mess for my hitters. Overall, I am happy with my pitchers....but I suppose I have to score some runs as well so I will be scrambling! I'm sitting at #7 in the Waivers. Sorry if I grab the guy you want right before you.
*That darn ol' Pinhead steals Bay right out of the shoot!

Hmm. This is truly an interesting idea for a league.

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby LANCEBOUSLEY » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:11 pm

now bay is a tremendous prize for the "priviledge of carrying acevedo.

don't come in before 8th inning. quick hook don't pitch more than 1-2 avoid both sides.

any bets on how many inning he actually throws?
LANCEBOUSLEY

Postby STEPHENANDERSON 2 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:18 pm

[quote:0e5e097eae="ehlekev"]Aray--I can relate!! I need to fill several positions! What a mess for my hitters. Overall, I am happy with my pitchers....but I suppose I have to score some runs as well so I will be scrambling! I'm sitting at #7 in the Waivers. Sorry if I grab the guy you want right before you.
*That darn ol' Pinhead steals Bay right out of the shoot!

Hmm. This is truly an interesting idea for a league.

Kev[/quote:0e5e097eae]

Unbelievably I got my complete hitting line up except my CF platoon. Starting pitching I got 2 of 5. Bullpen 2 of 6. Wonder if I can hit my way into HAL's heart because the pitching will be scary.

Can you set the starters on quick hook and the bullpen to avoid pitching. :shock:
STEPHENANDERSON 2

Postby LANCEBOUSLEY » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:25 pm

now what's the rule on non-pure relievers?

i went with the spirit of the league was no relief appearances by any pitcher >1 million in salary unless it was a case of HAL bringing in a pure stater in milllionth inning.

is that correct? i see some squads with 4* sp and a s/p pitcher.
LANCEBOUSLEY

Postby Terry101 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:25 am

My understanding is these guys should never relieve. Should be put in the rotation and HAL will only relieve them rarely. But, we should get a ruling on this.
Terry101

Postby KEVINEHLE » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:03 pm

[b:f1ef835859]1. Nobody can own any Pure RP over $1.00M. The penalty for a Pure RPer over $1.00M will be benching your highest salaried starting hitter for 3 series (9 games) for every day said RP remains on your roster. Also, while SP/RPs are allowed, no SP/RP over 1m can do relief work, so for every Relief Appearance by an SP/RP over 1m, you must bench your highest salaried hitter for 1 series (3 games). [/b:f1ef835859]

Sorry guys. I was only kidding about Harden. That is why I had a :wink: next to my post. I don't want to give him up as a starter, but the penalty listed above is almost ridiculous! I don't think I have a choice but to dump Harden because we can't stop players from relieving.....even if we don't want them to.

KEv
KEVINEHLE

Postby ArrylT » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:46 pm

I've used SP/RPs in Rotation and HAL will almost never force them into relief.

Also, if the owner in question can show that all other relievers had been used in the game in question or were already fatigued from the game before, and thus HAL wouldnt bring them in, I'm quite willing to overlook emergency relief by an SP/RP.

The penalty is there to ensure owners dont intentionally use an SP/RP (over 1.00) in relief, and to do their best in keeping HAL from using the SP/RP in relief.

Usually just having the SP/RP pitch every 5 days and being listed in the rotation is enough to keep HAL from using the SP/RP in relief.
ArrylT

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat