USKL2

Postby cummings2 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:46 pm

I'm cool with the trade.

Just my .02 doesn't stink fishy or aything like that IMO

Clearly giving somebetter cards now for some players that are bound to bring some better cards in years to come.

Seattle did it when trading Randy to the Astros, that [i:5773e78ae7]certainly[/i:5773e78ae7] seemed lopsided at first... then a few years later people were complaining that the 'Stros had given too much for Randy.

Cool trade IMO. As always All best of luck to all.

(Casey and I seem to have run out gas with the Machine. :( )
cummings2

Postby ROBERTMAVIN » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:12 pm

As I said in my earlier post, the trade is within the existing rules. I proposed a new rule for consideration for the future. The"proposed rule" would also not have prevented this trade; only the timing of such a trade.

There may be other suggestions to accomplish the same goal to avoid lopsided trades that might disrupt competative advantage mid season and more importantly perhaps, signal the demise fo this keeper league.

Personally my views on this particular trade are that I wish it had only been one high priced player invovled instead of two... when each of their individual salaries were more than the combined salaries of the 3 players obtained.
ROBERTMAVIN

Postby kaviksdad » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:43 pm

Like I said, the mitigating factor in this deal is the carryover to the next, and following seasons. [b:9b4e67302a]I'm not asking that it be reversed[/b:9b4e67302a] - I'm just stating concerns that will impact THIS season. And it is Nyhawk that is most affected, not DT; this deal puts (on paper and by SOM value structure) the divisional favorite role squarely on AF's shoulders now, and pushes (on paper/value) Nyhawk more into the wildcard chase. The stats the players put up for Jack are lousy, granted. But that all becomes history when the players change hands and new factors (divisional matchups, ballparks home & away, etc.) come into play. I'd be interested in hearing Nyhawk's take on this deal.
kaviksdad

Postby kaviksdad » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:45 pm

(I do agree the Edmonds is way overvalued this year though) :wink:
kaviksdad

Postby ROBERTMAVIN » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:11 pm

kav.. I did send a note to Hawk asking him to share his views.

btw.. I am looking to trade for a prospect myself.... mind you the prospect I am looking at is a fellow named Howard !
:wink:
ROBERTMAVIN

Postby LANCEBOUSLEY » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:28 pm

I think it might be swell to get hawks views on this as it pertains to a rule change but do not think any talk of reversals should happen as this deal is with in the rules this year.

just my .02
LANCEBOUSLEY

on the other hand....

Postby LANCEBOUSLEY » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:42 pm

isn't this like real baseball.... the durn yankees are always picking up talent for the run........

some teams are always trading for next year!!!!
LANCEBOUSLEY

Postby nythawk129921 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:07 am

fellas I think that in all fairness this deal is exactly why we are playing in a keeper league.Sure it sucks that I might lose my advantage in my division but the reason we are playing in this format is to try to win every season with the players that we have.If my team were doing poorly(like in USKL) I too would be looking toward the future and would not think twice about trading a vet or 2 for younger players or even future considerations.What this does is put me in a position where I might have to make a blockbuster trade as well to try to keep up in my division.Somewhere in the future 1 or all of us will likely be in the same position and might have to make a trade like this one here.I would hate to put restrictions on any trades now or in the future.As long as both sides are happy so be it.
Maybe we should consider having a trade deadline however to keep things just like in MLB
nythawk129921

I agree with the trading deadline too.

Postby AFDickie » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:49 am

Game 100? Once game 101 is played no trades-only roster moves. I think we should also bid on the Japanese players coming over too :lol:
Last edited by AFDickie on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
AFDickie

Excellent Idea

Postby Jack377 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:14 am

I bid $51.2 Million for Matzuzaka (or whatever his name is)...moving Edmonds and Tejada has given me some extra cap room... 8)
Jack377

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat