SOM Players Tour, Round 7, League 4 - The Bonehead League

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby Coffeeholic » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:36 pm

Good to see you back Tim.

Thanks again to Bowie for offering to help us out!!

We need to hold things up for Penngray, as he was most likely unaware that the draft had re-started.

I'm up, but I'll wait to make my pick until after Penn gets his pick in.
Coffeeholic

Postby TIMOTHYBRADLEY » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:49 pm

Just an FYI, the first time I caught up, I did set proxies. None of them went off. I should have had a few guys who were subsequently taken by other teams. With the restart it seems the old proxies just stayed 'turned off". So it looks like I found another way to get screwed and Penn has another bug to fix.

Thanks Penn!!!!

TB

Hey at least the plane didn't crash.
TIMOTHYBRADLEY

Postby Coffeeholic » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:56 am

Guys, what are you doing? :?

We just got through an episode where skipping a manager was a problem, and yet you go ahead and skip managers again in the middle of the night when Penn obviously wasn't aware that the draft had re-started.

:(
Coffeeholic

Postby DOUGGRAY » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:53 am

You have got to be kidding me :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
DOUGGRAY

Postby DOUGGRAY » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:54 am

picks will be rolled back...

1. I dont care who was actually picked because I dont care about the draft really, I have proxied all my picks (dont know why Tim's didnt work though because proxies where used extensively here).

2. We DONT skip people on weekends.

3. I paused the draft to figure things out. Someone starts the draft and continues. NO THAT IS IDIOTIC AND ANNOYING.

Boneheads!
DOUGGRAY

Postby DOUGGRAY » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:58 am

of course not being home makes it hard to rollback the current round picks so F**ck it.

Coffee and I can just pick (I guess). More proxies but dont expect me to move to fast on getting a team in though. The decision making here is too f'ng annoying :roll: :roll:
DOUGGRAY

Postby edgecitytx » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:19 am

Penn, that was my fault on the pick and "bonehead" is exactly the right word. :oops: I didn't think about it for a second or I wouldn't have done it. Sorry. I just was not thinking.
edgecitytx

Postby Coffeeholic » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:21 am

OK, Penn and I have picked.

Please, let's not skip Mr. Alou... we need to make sure he's aware that the draft has re-started!

We can go back to using the closk again after Mr. Alou's pick as that should signify that everyone is back on board.
Coffeeholic

Postby bob711 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:35 am

I hate to get dragged into this debate but I just can't resist. If it appears that it is your turn to pick, I think it is fair to pick. There were no rules posted on skipping or not skipping. If there is an emergency such as Tim's, it seems to me that everything moves forward and the draft is not a big deal compared to other things in life so you just catch up when and if you can. And to say that you are going to hold up your team because you don't like how things are going isn't a great decision either IMO. Hopefully it was written in the heat of the moment. Let's just move forward and get this draft done and league started before the end of the year.
bob711

Postby Coffeeholic » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:52 am

Well aware of your feelings on this Bob, as it was your pick last night, after I had posted that I would not pick until Penn was on board, which helped start the run of proxies. :(
Coffeeholic

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship