Errormagnate 40K Win Celebration w/Friends League and Roast

Postby errormagnate » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:06 pm

I don't have a clue who I picked - I'll bet that surprises you given that I didnt know it was ATG managed to screw up the PW a zillion times and generally displayed an imazing intellect!
I threw this team together so fast, Ihave absolutely no recollection, Senator, of that event :lol: .......... ahh I mean I don't remember who I drafted.
errormagnate

Postby cummings2 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:31 pm

I have no idea whomk I picked, I was just trying to make sure there was not a single Steve in my draft, because as Kev rightly pointed out:

There's only one Steve!

(Pssst Steve...Kev was referring to Stevie Wonder 8) )

:wink: :D

Actually, really I have no idea I think I had Furillo 4th and Sisler in the top 5 but I can't remember. No pitching though in the top 5. I think Yount was 1.

By the Way Steve:

Big 'Gratz on the 40,000 8)
cummings2

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:01 pm

Crap! I forgot about the no Steve rule. I'll have to cut Garvey during the pre-season if I get him. :(
ArrylT

Postby doctrcpa » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:08 am

AT - I hate to say it, but you also forgot the SS must have an e rating of at least (or is greater than?) 25 since your first pick Banks e rating is only 12. :(
doctrcpa

Postby doctrcpa » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:13 am

I have the 12th waiver pick! I don't think I have ever had that happen before. Lost out on Bishop and Lance Parrish of note and D'Acquisto.

What that probably means is that my team will be even worse than I could have guessed.
doctrcpa

Postby doctrcpa » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:17 am

Kevin - how does the SS e-rating rule work with your subs? For example, I have Craig Reynolds and Ted Kubiak (both 3 e teens) right now. Can I keep them or do I have to drop them? Doesn't matter to me, just want to make sure that I follow the letter as well as the spirit of your rules.

Chuck
doctrcpa

Postby cummings2 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:26 am

If I play Phil Rizzuto as a DH... can I keep him? :D

No??? :cry:

Methinks my heart cries the sorrow that bleeds the ocean from the Sun!!!

Alas, poor Rizzuto...I knew him since early childhood, back then he was called: Proscuito :D (I know...really bad crack)

I'll drop my "consolation" 1e12 SS with a .400+ OBP :(
cummings2

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:25 am

Well I don't have to worry about dropping Steve Garvey because I didnt even end up with him! :lol:

Wasnt expecting to actually get Banks, so I guess dropping him because of the SS rule isnt that big a deal. I do agree it needs to be clarified ...

so a 1e31 is good but a 2e25 is not, and the range doesnt matter? a 5e24 is bad but a 4e66 is good?
ArrylT

Postby KEVINEHLE » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:51 am

[quote:f35deefc59="ArrylT"]Well I don't have to worry about dropping Steve Garvey because I didnt even end up with him! :lol:

Wasnt expecting to actually get Banks, so I guess dropping him because of the SS rule isnt that big a deal. I do agree it needs to be clarified ...

so a 1e31 is good but a 2e25 is not, and the range doesnt matter? a 5e24 is bad but a 4e66 is good?[/quote:f35deefc59]

It's all about ERRORS not range. He can be a SS1 E26 but he can't be a SS4 E12. To clarify the rule, you can't intentionally start a SS that has an E rating of E25 or better. You can have a guy with that rating on your roster as a DH. This is a very very trustworthy group of people so we'll trust that no one will have a SS with a low e-rating be set as a def. sub. :D
I have to admit, I'm a huge Yount fan. I came up with the E25 limit so Yount could play in this league. I ended up with him! Yes, this league is fixed!! :lol:

I saw Steve's team....he may end up 0-162 after all!! :wink:

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby rosenthm » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:55 am

My 2 cents for what it's worth...i don't think we sould be able to have a ss with less than 25 errors, even as a DH...even if we know no manager will set him as a def replacement. If there is a ss on the roster with less than 25 errors, HAL will play him at ss at some point in the season...especially if you have a ss with high injury risk..

I don't really care either way, but think we should rethink the ss as DH idea...
rosenthm

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat