Champions League Trade and stuff

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby Sknsfan » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:54 pm

No! No! I only have 17 picks. I must get to pick one more. I read it on the internet that I've only picked 17 so it must be true!!

:lol:
Sknsfan

Taking offers for a CF of your choce. . . :)

Postby mcsoupy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:42 pm

All,

I would love to start the trading season (our 30 day hiatus) . .. anyone need a CF?

Anyone want a Lefty Stadium?

All players actually are open (because I don't like how my team was assebled), except for my big 3 (Giambi, Floyd, Willis).

Anyone else is available. . . .
mcsoupy

Soup

Postby qksilver69 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:08 am

LMK what you're after for Dolphins Stadium, email works best...

Thx,

Qk
qksilver69

Now that 18 rounds are over, your thoughts?

Postby mcsoupy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:03 am

Guys,

Now that the 18 rounds are over, I am wondering what your thoughts are on who did well, and who didn't do so well. . . it is always interesting to hear what some of the greats have to say (good learning process for me. . . ie I took Belliard waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy to early in the draft, and I drafted a non position player (ie. DH) first. . .

Just want to see what your thoughts are. . . there are 2 teams I really like after the draft, I'm wondering if they would trade their entire team with me? :)

Anyway, if anyone is bold enough to make a comment or predictions I would love to hear them.

mc out
mcsoupy

Postby LMBombers » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:14 am

Soupy, What two teams are you liking right now?
LMBombers

too early to call

Postby qksilver69 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:32 am

Not to be a fence-sitter, but obviously teams are going to be making lots of changes once we do waivers. I think it's a little tough to handicap the field at this point...
qksilver69

Postby Sknsfan » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:31 pm

I'm willing to look at moving just about anyone on my team. I don't usually grab two huge salaries like that and am looking to make some room somewhere.
Sknsfan

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:52 pm

I kinda agree with qksilver. My team, just like sknsfan's, needs to free some cash, whereas other teams, like mcsoupy's, needs to put some weight on their rosters. In my case for example, my team is already at 80M, and I don't have a cf (unless I start Pierre there), I don't have a 4th SP, I don't have a set-up man worth calling "set-up man", and I have a weak left fielder and a weak catcher.

Once some big names will go from free-spending teams to under-spending teams, we will have a better look of the strength of the teams.

Take-home message: let's be patient, there is an awful lot roster moves coming in.

As for analysing the draft, there are a couple of things I did wrong. I should have chosen Santana over Pedro (but was too scared to do so because I expected more lefty-oriented stadiums). If I had passed on Wagner, I think I would have been able to pick up both Figgins and Damon, who were my primary picks at 3b and cf, respectively. I should have considered that I wouldn't have the cash to hold on Wagner, and pick them (although to be fair with me, it's really the Sexson pick that put a difficult straint on my team, whom I chose much later, when I realized that my division would be quite power-oriented with spicki choosing USCell and kaviksdad who was acting like he would choose Coors, a pick I am quite happy with).

My best move I feel was to go early with bench players. I got pretty much all the bench players I was looking for. And I don't feel that there were significant picks in those rounds at the positions I am still lacking a player.
MARCPELLETIER

All - here is everyone's players. . .

Postby mcsoupy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:16 am

Cumulative Draft:

[b:931548fc9c]stevep107:[/b:931548fc9c] Abreu, Edmonds, Crawford, Mauer, Rollins, Dunn, D. Bell, B. Colon, N. Lowry, Capuano, Ameriquest, Counsell, Mueller, Myers, Riske, J.Rodriguez, Ronny Cedeno

[b:931548fc9c]Cummings2[/b:931548fc9c]: A-Rod, L.Castillo, Ichiro, D.Wright, D.Lee, Fenway, duffy, B.J. Ryan, G. Anderson, Lofton, Shields, E. Young, Matheny, Washburn, F. Osoria, K. Mercker, Jason Davis, Steve Kline

[b:931548fc9c]spicki17[/b:931548fc9c]: clemens, mramirez, tejada, heilman, chavez, gibbons, spivey, branyan, linebrink, us cell, bradley, castillo, stinnett, cook, durazo, bedard, penny, tgreene

[b:931548fc9c]maligned[/b:931548fc9c]: Jones, Helton, Ensberg, O. Hudson, o.vizquel, Harden, small, beckett, hampton, B. Molina, L. Walker, Ma.Sweeney, Jenks, Street, Macdougal, Mohr, Great American, G. Geary

[b:931548fc9c]mcsoupy[/b:931548fc9c]: Willis, Giambi, Floyd, Buerhle, Belliard, Sizemore, Kotsay, dolphins, Schneider, Chacin, Mulder, Crain, Cora, Duaner Sanchez, Farnsworth , Buck , padilla , chulk

[b:931548fc9c]Marcus Wilby[/b:931548fc9c]: Martinez, R. Johnson, Zambrano, Roberts, J.Wilson, Wagner, Podsednik, Polanco, José_Molina, Drew, Sexson, Pierre, Thames F. Thomas, Hall, Eldred, Calero, kauffman

[b:931548fc9c]LMBombers[/b:931548fc9c]: Cabrera, Carpenter, Minute Maid, Gomes, Shelton, Figgins, Furcal, J. Guillen, Barajas, Sullivan, Seanez, Dempster, Bautista, T. Jones, Arroyo, Matos, G. Matthews, Abraham Nunez

[b:931548fc9c]Charlie M2[/b:931548fc9c]: Hernandez, Teixeira, Duke, Jeter, Seo, H. Matsui, Damon, Mora, Kazmir, Rogers, Iguchi, Green, Hoffman, Fuentes, Piedra, Posada, Shea, Munter

[b:931548fc9c]Kaviksdad[/b:931548fc9c]: Santana, Guerrero, Peavy, Griffey, Young, D. Davis, M. Rivera, Murton, A. Everett, A. Ramirez; Vargas; A. Kennedy, Mulholland, Pena, J. Rincon, Ayala, Derosa, Coors

[b:931548fc9c]odieworks[/b:931548fc9c]: Ortiz, T. Clark, Berkman, Chipper, Zito, V Martinez, Tropicana, Carrasco, Francoeur, Garland, Blanton, N. Perez, Ellison, S. Torres, Howry, Sisco, H. Ramirez, W. Harris

[b:931548fc9c]Qksilver[/b:931548fc9c]: Pettitte, B Giles, Hafner, R Howard, Utley, Valentin, DeJesus, Sabathia, Reyes, Betemit, Eyre, Kapler, Cirillo, Luis A Gonz, J Walker, Villone, comerica, C. Singleton

[b:931548fc9c]Sknsfan[/b:931548fc9c]: Pujols, Bay, Kent, Glaus, Lugo, McAfee, Smoltz, Lidge, Glavine, Gonzalez, Taveras, Wakefield, Radke, F. Rodriguez, Niekro, Dye, Guardado
mcsoupy

LM, the 2 teams I like right now are. .. .

Postby mcsoupy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:39 am

Cummings2:
1. He has good defense and good offense in the key positions and has a good mix of "value" players (Duffy, Shields, Loften, Anderson)

Steve107:
1. I like his top 6 picks with an OF of 1 in Left (Crawford), 1 in CF (Edmonds), 3 in RF (Abreu), and I like his mid level starters (Colon, Lowry and Capuano).

There are a couple of other teams that I like too, that I think did very well in the draft. . .

I made some mistakes in my draft. . . I was left out of the RF race, 3B, 1B and SS (I always get the SS that I want and in this draft I lost site of that). . . plus I'm always getting one of 4 3B that I target and I fell asleep and didn't get that position either. . . I also went against my normal strategy to get Valentin at catcher. . . so I'm changing things up a bit and I haven't decided yet if that is a good thing or bad thing (we will see).

Had I been drafting in the middle rounds (when I was camping and my brother took over), I might have made 1 change -- all in all I think that he did what I wanted him to do, but given what other players were going off the board, I would have changed 1 of this picks (Chacin, Mulder, Crain -- were the 3 in question).

But that is how the cookie crumbles. . .
mcsoupy

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship