ATG III Half Squad Keeper Theme Season II - Play Ball!

Postby geekor » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:31 am

thanks....

this is actually my first ATG3 title :shock: Been to the finals 3 other times (in fact, I've only made the playoff 4 times out of 30 teams, but all 4 have reached the finals) But this is my first title. It's either feast or famine for me, too bad I'm usually starving!!! It's good to get a meal! :lol:

Now the question is, I'm really gonna need to trade this season, as I never read through carefully on the rules (skimming doesn't work all the time) and will have to play in a different park than the last 2 seasons :?
geekor

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:57 am

[b:4fcec3ae16]Team Awards:[/b:4fcec3ae16]

MVP - Cleon Jones

Considered Howard & Mattingly, but Jones staying healthy & providing decent top of the order production was vital for my squad.

CY Young - Ed Figueroa & Ron Darling

This was a very tough call. All my starters ended up with very similar stats & W/L records (save for Darlings 22 wins) so I've split the award between the 2 * SP I felt had the best contributions

Rolaids Relief - Roger McDowell & Rick Anderson

The rest of my relief corps pitched about 30 IP total! :shock:

Disappointing Performance - Dave Winfield

Wasnt expecting too much from him, but would have liked a little more than what I got (say 20-25 HR, .400+ SLG & 85+ RBI).

Pleasant Surprise - Don Mattingly

OBP aside, was not expecting 100+ runs or 125+ RBI from Mattingly, but then again he was my key LH bat to balance my RH attack.
ArrylT

Postby errormagnate » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:29 pm

Keeping in the spirit of post-season team awards for the Gladiators 2nd season where they improved their record by 5 games and narrowly missed a playoff berth by 1 game

MVP- F. Robinson BA-.331 OBP-.430 Slg-.650 134 runs scored, 148 RBI, 58 HR's - great season and has received an invitation to next years ball club with a contract extension.
Pleasant surprises and invitees to training camp - all my permanent trades
Scott (10-3 since coming over), Garcia, Whitaker, and Andersen, as well as Beggs and his 50 saves from my regular guys.

Disappointments and unlikely to be asked back- Bernhard, Meadows and his 24 losses, Brooks Robinson, Versalles and his 34 errors and mediocre hitting, Allisson, and Blair.

Managerial outlook for season 3 - marginally optimistic - looking at moving towareds Forbes or back to League Park, hoping to shore up SS and 3B and play with some platoons in the outfield -looking to rest Frank Robby at 1B since this is a no DH league
errormagnate

Previous

Return to Individual League Chat