GBBR II - GET CUMMINGS 2 !!!

Postby HUDAMAN » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:15 am

Jeep, I have to admit complete lack of understanding of the 2006 set (my 2007 study is underway already however... :wink:

I just didn't think this team would do much. Still don't, but I've got a pretty decent record, even though Ortiz has been awful (.213/5/12), and Abreu and Michaels, the top of my order, aren't hitting, although Abreu is getting on base.

In the meantime, my now well chronicled US Cell team, featuring Utley, Wright, Vlad, Bay, Carlos Pena, Khalil Greene (mucho BP HRs), is 4-14 at home, and has scored the fewest runs in the league. The league leader there is 24-6, playing in Petco. This is a team that features Jose Reyes at leadoff, and Alfonso Soriano (4e22) at second base. ???

Bizarre results. I've learned to expect them. Things tend to even out, but it seems like in 2006, they just take alot longer before they do... :shock:
HUDAMAN

Postby cummings2 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:27 am

Soriano on the field, in petco??? Dude's at 24-6... jeez.

So much for thinking your team through :lol:
cummings2

Postby cummings2 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:31 am

Why don't you posts us a link Lee, or just give us the team id I'd like to see that league. This is the same one you refered to in the main board right?

-BTW, I would've kept Duffy over whom ever you mentioned, I think it was So Taguchi or Juan Rivera, one of those. As much as I like lucky's advise I disagreed with that one. just my opinion his win % is something around around 40-50 points higher than mine, so there's your answer right there :wink:
cummings2

Postby HUDAMAN » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:35 am

Cummings, I'm with you, he's really good, but I felt like he missed that one. Still, Duffy went down for the fourth time in 8 series, and I figured he might as well put a big sign around his neck saying 'Cut me'. Had to keep Clark, he's got great on base both sides, and I couldn't just give it away. Taguchi should be okay batting sixth or seventh with the positive clutch. Still, the rolls are just horrendous, NO team should be that bad. I'll post a link. You have to check out the Petco team. Great pitching, but Reyes at leadoff and Soriano at second base should be death to any Petco team. (Carlos Pena has more OBP against righties than Reyes). But, the dude can't lose. Remarkable.
HUDAMAN

Postby HUDAMAN » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:59 am

Here is the link. Check out the Petco team (Maulers). And check out the home/road splits for my guys. Clark, .153 BA, and a .197 OBP at home. :shock: Utley has him beat.... he's batting .156. Home road splits for some of these guys:

Clark .153/.197 vs. .316/.371
Vlad .229/.250/.357 vs .346/.410/.655
Greene .205/.279/.282 vs .325/.369/.600
Bay .214/.257/386 vs. .309/.377/.582
Utley .156/.217/.297 vs. .229/.339/.563
Wright .254/.371/.390 vs. .269/.350/.577 (fairly even except for the slugging).

One or two outliers like this are certainly to be expected this early, but I don't recall ever seeing anything like this.

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2006/team/team_other.html?user_id=14923
HUDAMAN

Postby HUDAMAN » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:12 pm

Sorry to get off topic, but I just had a closer look at that Petco team. He's got Jeff Cirillo as his 3rd baseman (5 injury roll). Only backup is Jose Lopez (4e65). Craig Wilson is the RF (5 injury roll) backed up by Alex Rios. He also has Carlos Guillen (injury roll 4) as his primary DH. Only 5 innings of pure relief in the bullpen, so Papelbon and Schilling are seeing a ton of innings in relief. Jarrod Washburn (2.59 million) is the extra guy in a four * rotation, obviously has no innings pitched.

The reward for this tomfoolery and skullduggery is a 24-6 record. Which means I must practice patience, as this team HAS to collapse. Doesn't it?.... And those lucky rolls will start falling my way.... 8)
HUDAMAN

Postby cummings2 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:31 am

Wha a funky, funky league. I don't see how your team is struggling the way it is and how the Maulers are doing so well.

BTW, your division leader is a good friend of mine, Casey. She has all my log-in info since she helped me take care of my teams when I got really busy... byt the looks of that team she is taken a few pages from my book. That pen and defense are my staples for this set. She's super cool that casey. Just started playing SOM a few months ago. Her team is also over-performing IMO, she should come down, your team should definately go up and that Petco invitation to disaster should definately come down. I imagine that by game 81 the races will be quite tight.

WOW, you have been stolen on 17 times to only 2 CS? :shock:

Who were your Cs? -I imagine that Molina is a new add

I hadn't seen Orvella there earlier, new pick up? Cool, one of the notes I came up with last night was that the two arms tag team in the pen might give you headaches.

How are you setting your running game?

I'd tag Utley, Bay, Wright, Vlad on top to "Steal More" and run the team with normal SB. HAL will do fine with the running that way. Quite low running numbers IMO. You are also running normal on the running bases, right?

The numbers have to go up for your hitters, IMO.

Much better luck lee.

C2
cummings2

Postby Jeepdriver » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:20 am

Back to this league for a moment :wink: I'm not happy with my team. This was kinda a project for me spending so much on pitching and it's not working. I also am using a couple of guys not suited well with the Cell (Overbay, Kotsay to name two) but I thought with all the pitchers parks in the league that would work. Looks like I'm wrong on that theory.

If anybody wants to trade hitting for pitching, especially power guys come see me. I'd trade anyone including Pedro.
Jeepdriver

Postby HUDAMAN » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:13 am

Jeep, don't ask me any questions about a Cell team.... :lol: I tried the same thing with disastrous results. My guys got through this tough stretch with a 5-4 mark, which is about all I could hope for. If you're going to get badly outscored in a series, I guess you do it the way my boys did last night, losing the opener 19-1 and winning the next two.

Kav, do you think you could LOSE series at some point??

I'm tinkering with that Cell team, but just a couple of thoughts. I basestealing on aggressive. I guess they don't run because you can't steal first!

Molina has been on the squad from the start, but has been hurt for the majority of the games (2 long injuries). I think I've had 10 or 11 injury rolls in the first two weeks, as I mentioned, Duffy had four injuries in 8 series before I cut him. Took 2 of 3 from the Petco team at his place, so maybe the fortunes are turning.
HUDAMAN

Postby cummings2 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:13 am

I don't have much Hitting -heck I don't have much pitching either to trade for or with :shock:

I do have 1.3 Mil Sitting in the bench 8) -How do you get overperforming seasons from Radke et. al. -Leave a wad of 1.3 Mil on the bench and tell them the Money is theirs if they win a ring :P

Kidding aside, I did end up with 1.3 after the draft, if anyone wants to take a small hit in salary while the drop is 5% and need some more money to go fish one of the big boys left in the pool, give me a jiffy. C2 Loans is open for the fishing season :D
cummings2

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat