GBBR II - GET CUMMINGS 2 !!!

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:28 am

Considering I pretty much re-tooled my team completely post-waivers, I am quite happy with my start so far. I think my team is designed similar to Jeeps in that I've put a lot of $$ on pitching (although I am going with a non * SP rotation) and don't have a heavy powered offense.

I really hope Lopez starts to hit, as I sure as heck didnt draft him to play defense! :shock:
ArrylT

Postby KEVINEHLE » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:33 pm

I would have never thought I could lose 8 in a row with Clemens, Rivera and company. But I did it!! I'm very proud!! :wink:

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby kaviksdad » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:21 pm

Lee - I'm trying like hell not too. After my dismal showing in the first round of GBBR, I'm due for a little good luck now and again :)
kaviksdad

Postby Jeepdriver » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:48 pm

Well tomorrow is the last day for 95% changes and I'm probably going to make some moves. The Pedro experiment (which some people inquired to me about in pre-season as to did I know what I was doing but wanted to try it anyway, you know who you are :wink: ) will probably be history by this time tomorrow night. :? :wink:
Jeepdriver

Sent you a PM...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:42 am

With my phone and email address, Jeep.
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby HUDAMAN » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:54 am

Hey Rob, sorry you won't be playing anymore. I'm really glad we've reconnected, I definitely would love to hear about what you're working on. We'll have to make it a point to have an entirely (well almost entirely) no strat conversation at some point.

As for the strat, five series wins in a row for the Snow Lynx, which makes it tough to make up ground. I still haven't quite figured out how I'm winning, nothing in partcular stands out about these guys. Granderson did his best Ortiz impersonation until the real Ortiz could showed up, bt other than Valentin, no one is having a monster season. Go figure, just more evidence that I have no clue about this set. Nice to see Izzy doing his best 2001 impression, I don't expect that to continue either.
HUDAMAN

The 2 best value Closers this year...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:25 pm

1. BJ - I have had him on EVERY TEAM except 1 or 2 - several over 50 save seasons and an AVG of around 45 with very few blown. 4.18M Priceless!

2. Todd Jones - easily the runner up at 4.51M - Best in an Even, RH or Power Park - But great anywhere.

3. Rivera - Worth every penny, but equal production at best for 2M+ than the other 2.

Take BJ and Shields in the TOP 5 PIX and watch how many saves/wins you'll get from that tandem as Closer and setup for only 8M combined. They allow me to carry as many as 7-8 SP's for any type of matchup. The only other 2 true RP's I carry are a hard Lefty(Ususlly Flores) and a Hard Righty(Boyer, Sanchez etc.) to cover middle innings after a hard Lefty or Righty Starter. And Halama and Walker to cover the reverses.

I may have had differing choices in all other areas. But, my pen has been the same on almost every team. Ryan and Shields are the foundation of every single team I have had.

The only other players I have picked for every single team were 1. Jeter(My 1st pick on almost every team - He does just so many things well, I never considered another leadoff hitter.) and 2. Hampton - At 1.92 6R - the perfect compliment to any 1 or 2(I usually carried 2) Hard LH SP's in the set. The other player I took 80-90 % of the time was Small. Lots of flexibility for less than 5M. Led the league in Win Pct in several leagues. Definitely a bargain.

Now that I am done playing - I hated this set because other than my bullpen and the players mentioned, I never found a formula for myself that worked consistently. Just God awful 2B, LF, RF positions. AND no truly good LH Reverses of any value. I have seen Davis, Buehrle, Glavine, Lee and even Santana really stink it up for the money.

So I stuck with Hampton, Wells and Halama and took better hitting this year...I liked the Lefty Parks (Safeco and PNC) way better than M Maid or any Righty slanted BP's.

Ortiz was a must in Safeco. Griffey - Even with his high injury roll - was one of the real bright spots - outhitting Edmunds and others in every league for a lot less $. And if you wanted better fielding in CF and missed out on Ortiz - You could get high value production from Griffey in his place for 3M less.

I suppose I took pNC a lot because I hated the 2B in the set - always opting for Kennedy(great value in PNC) or Cora at Safeco - Where I could take another power bat with the extra cap.

My favorite players this year by position:

C - Redmond

1B - Olerud

2B - Kennedy/Cora and Carroll against Lefties.

SS - Jeter

3B - Ramirez

LF - Floyd/Byrnes

CF - Griffey

RF - Ichiro

DH - Ortiz - Obviously

RH SP - Small

LH SP - Capuano

RH Closer - Jones
LH CLOSER - Ryan

Setup - Shields

Utility - Nunez/Mackiowak

There you basically have my draft list for all the lefty Parks I played in.

Would love to know what everyone else's were. :wink: Robert
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby kaviksdad » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:07 pm

Here's mine:

C - Never carried one over 3M in a regular league. Had J. Molina put up some good numbers

1B - Albert - worth every penny

2B - Jose Castillo/Junior Spivey platoon

SS - Adam Everett - 1 defense, cheap with pop

3B - Derosa/F. Lopez platoon

LF - Murton

CF - Griffey

RF - Vlad

DH - Holliday

RH SP - Harden

LH SP - Duke

RH Closer - Rivera
LH CLOSER - Ryan

Setup - Heilman

Utility - Mackiowak
kaviksdad

Postby Jeepdriver » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:17 am

Well my "new" squad scored 9 runs in each of their victories last night, so hopefully the new players I brought in to help a fledgling third to last in R.S. team will make a difference.

Pedro's replacement, Aaron Cook meanwhile lost his start but didn't pitch poorly at all. He's got something to tell his grandkids about someday. A Strat manager dropped Pedro to pick him up. Obviously he won't mention anything about 'clearing up salary". :wink:
Jeepdriver

Postby Jeepdriver » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:18 am

I noticed a certain Tom, I think he's from Cali, picked up the aforementioned Pedro. :wink:
Jeepdriver

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat