GBBR II - GET CUMMINGS 2 !!!

Postby CATom » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:41 am

Jeep, I was trying to figure out a deal to offer you and i noticed you released mr martinez, so i refigured how to pick him up.

Tom.
CATom

Postby Jeepdriver » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:01 pm

I probably should have waited 'till later in the day before I dropped him, but I was overly anxious...Hope he pitches well for you. I do, however, believe my team will be better now.
Jeepdriver

Postby HUDAMAN » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:16 am

My two cents, having played a few Safeco teams now:

C - Valentin, I just love the guy, platoon him with B Molina and you have a winner. Two great clutch guys with natural HRs.

1B - Olerud, Dan Johnson, Pena in a pinch.
2B - Utley is nice in Safeco or Cell, but not real useful anywhere else, I still think Roberts, Ellis and Giles are all overpriced. Like Castillo, but could never get him.
SS - Begins and ends with Jeter, I think he's a great value anywhere. Everett a nice value if you can get him, but never saw him on the waiver wire, where you see Jeter on the wire often.
3B - My least favorite position. Chavez is nice to have in Safeco, but wimpy against lefties and probably not worth the money. I like Freddy Sanchez. Tough spot to fill.
RF - Another spot I hate. Abreu has been just okay, although some swear by him. What he's doing in this league is too typical.... good OBP, lousy average. Ichiro is probably the best guy here, but I can't ever get him.
CF - Kotsay is a nice CF for lefty parks. I only wish there was a poor mans Jim Edmonds in this spot. Not as big on Griffey as Robert is.

LF - Floyd

DH Ortiz, but in Safeco, John Rodriguez is a steal at the price, and doesn't have to be platooned. Kielty is a nice platoon mate if you see tons of lefties.

Relievers I love: Orvella, Heilmann, Ayala, Mulholland, Hawkins, Shields, Ryan, and maybe after this team, Izzy...lol.

SP - Willis, Capuano, Robertson, and a cast of thousands of reverse righties.

As time went on, if there was one guy I'd want to have, and can usually get, it's Valentin.
HUDAMAN

Postby cummings2 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:29 pm

Yep, I was going to look for a possible trade for Mr. Martinez... but I got there a bit too late... and then...them Fraa Agent pool waters are coooooold. Me - No wanna dip into Cold FA waters. Tom be a very brave man fishing in to save Pedro.

Big- time Kudos to AT who after that abysmal start he keeps stalking the Big man breathing on my neck... keep breathing down Biggie's neck AT! drive him nuts, distract him, do everything you can. I'll take care of the division in the mean time :wink:
cummings2

Postby cummings2 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:35 pm

Here's mine:

C - Matheny

1B - ??? -No clear favorite -Berkman maybe

2B - Orlando Hundson

SS - Jack Wilson

3B - ??? -No clear favorite -Aramis Maybe

LF - Bay or G. Anderson

CF - Jones or Vernon Wells

RF - Vlad or Ichiro

DH - Frank Thomas

RH SP - Marquis (Clemens for the Stud)

LH SP - Redman (Santana for the Stud)

CLOSER - Ryan

Setup - Duchschere

Utility - Maicer/ Cora
cummings2

Postby Stoney18 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:03 pm

Since I play primarily in pitching parks I like,

C - Mauer/J Molina
1B - Clark, even with the injury he drives in runs
2B - Hudson or Ellis, I like Ellis OB
SS - Jack Wilson
3B - Figgins or Cabrera
LF - Winn, solid & can usually get him with a lower pick
CF - Duffy, but I'm sold on Jones for hitters parks
RF - Francouer, love the doubles
DH - Frank Thomas
RH SP - Vazquez
LH SP - I don't like lefty pitching :lol:
CLOSER - Frod
Setup - Crain
Utility - none
Stoney18

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:37 am

A Lefty Park player I really liked (As a DH or 3 PO backup) is Ibanez. For only .16M more than JRod and hits Lefties better. I like JRod's card, but he never performed well whenever I had him. But Ibanez in the #6 spot behind some decent OB and in front of some good but cheap power - really produced big RBI and Runs scored for the money. Plus he plays 1B and doesn't get injured.
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby HUDAMAN » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:16 am

Rob, never looked at Ibanez, but the card is nice and balanced for a pretty low price. I platooned Rodriguez when I had him, so I never worried too much about the weak card vs. lefties. Nice things about the JRod card: positive clutch, good natural and BP HRs vs righties, 0 DP rolls versus righties. Very versatile card, and with 43 OB chances against lefties, he didn't have to have a platoon mate if you didn't see too many lefties, although in Safeco a platoon usually made sense. He strikes out way too much, and he's 15 gamer waiting to happen, but the card against RHP was nice for a six or seven.

I'll keep Ibanez in mind if I happen to start another team, though, I just never looked at it.
HUDAMAN

Postby Jeepdriver » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:52 am

Looks like my team is more worried about how many ounces of toothpaste you can carry on the plane rather than winning ballgames. :x
Jeepdriver

Postby HUDAMAN » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:03 am

Jeep, I'll be glad to give your guys travel tips... :wink: I'm heading for (sunny?) Florida today, I'm checking the toothpaste.

Wait, I've got a better idea. I'll hide my toothpaste (which I can't take on the plane), in a secret compartment in my water bottle (which I also can't take on the plane). BRILLIANT! They call me 'Ron Mexico'
HUDAMAN

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat