YIKES (AGAIN)!!! SHIFTING SANDS -- Dose #2

Postby Mr Baseball World » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:39 am

I made my pick since uncle can't pick an H.
Mr Baseball World

Postby rosenthm » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:57 am

Modmark, that will work! Thanks for sending the link....allmu seraches had different variations with a "y." that certainly meets the famous person criteria and the homophine criteria. I will add Cobb to your valid players list.
rosenthm

Postby modmark46 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:09 am

:) She was easy, as I always enjoyed watching her skate.
modmark46

Postby spicki17 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:33 am

are we on a 2 hour clock yet? im not saying we shouldnt wait for uncle, but once he picks can we move on to a 2 hour clock?
spicki17

Postby pacoboy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:39 am

wockenfuss, Raymer huh ? Did he have his sunglasses w/ him ? That ****** Helmuth wasn't there was he ?

Sweet. Must have been some expensive trip down the river :P

My No-Limit Poker history is not as flashy and actually quite brief.

[color=green:2b35ef66bf][i:2b35ef66bf](Figured any form of entertainment to bide the idle time in this draft would be welcome)[/i:2b35ef66bf][/color:2b35ef66bf] :wink:

....well, it went like this:

Couple years ago a fellow Strat man - Mr. "casmith528" got together a group of 50 guys (1 gal too) for a elimination tourney in the back of his clothing store (in NJ) on a Saturday night.

$125 buy-in, 8 tables to start, $100 worth of chips was given to each person - the balance of the money went for FOOD + Table Rental + NEW Poker Chips + Cards + Beer of course :wink:

Every 2 hrs we would consolodate the tables till we were down to only 1.....Started at 6PM - ended 3 AM....not bad right ?

Ok so this is how my night went:

[b:2b35ef66bf]First Hand:[/b:2b35ef66bf] Sitting in the first spot next to the dealer on the 1st hand. Put in my blind and look at my cards. Garbage. 2 & 5. Mistake # 1, I throw them in and fold.....little did I know that being the first guy in the bidding line that I had already paid for the first flop. Flop comes, and of course it's a 3,4,6 :shock:

[b:2b35ef66bf]Second Hand:[/b:2b35ef66bf] Now I'm the dealer 8) Someone helps me shuffle the cards :oops: and here we go. Look at my cards - POCKET KINGS ! :shock:

OH BABY ! Time for redemption !

Player 1 folds
Player 2 rasises
Player 3 (brad0007 from the boards) Sees the raise and doubles that ! :)
Player 4 folds
Player 5 calls
Player 6 folds
I call
...back to Player 2 - he re-raises - again DOUBLE ! :shock:

Player 3 (brad0007) says - "ALL IN" :shock: :shock: :shock:
Player 5 folds
I look at my cards - see the Pocket Kings and think to myself "Hell, if I win this hand then I'm golden for night. Fk it, I'm all in !"
Player 2 (the guy who started all the rasing) - says "Oh yea, I'm all in and flops down his POCKET ACES !!!!" :shock: :evil: :shock: :evil:

FK !

....still, I have shot on the flop right ?

NO !

Player 3 (brad0007) flops down HIS OWN POCKET KINGS !!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Brad007 and I have all the Kings ! Ain't no King left to be in the middle.

Only shot was a flush ....... and the flop came.......sigh......

Hand over
Game over
Night over

2 hands

:cry:

The extent of my No-Limit Poker Carreer.
pacoboy

Postby Mr Baseball World » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:56 am

Someday will play in the World Series of Poker.

Am I the only one that thinks they should ban sunglasses?
Mr Baseball World

Postby FoggyOne » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:09 pm

Raymer had his shades. Put them on every time he was involved in a hand. He does this more to throw opponents off, than to cover "tells" from his eyes. Pupils dilate if you hit the flop. People also thinks it helps stare down an opponent when looking for other facial tells. I don't play with them albeit I bring mine to games in case I have a guy who wants to keep straing me down and studying my eyes.
FoggyOne

Postby STEPHENANDERSON 2 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:09 pm

Shoot.... I played in an online poker tourney couple of years ago. Started with 1,000 players..... I came in third.... think it was a $400 tourney..... won almost 20 grand..... 1 problem..... it was only play money. :roll:

Spent almost 6 straight hours to win play money.... how stupid was that. :shock:
STEPHENANDERSON 2

Postby FoggyOne » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:13 pm

first hand: in the early rounds of a tourney, throw away the 25 in the SB even though you have the pot odds to call. The flop would have to be monster to help you. Lets say you hit a 5 on the flop. yuck, now you may play that hand continually out of postion. Your hand was a one in ........HIGH number flop. forget about.

second hand: easy fold. 3rd raise genrally means Aces of Kings. Since you had two Kings, you had to believe last raiser had Aces. It would have been a speactacular lay down though.........Especially since it was early and you had no idea whether the guys at the table knew what they were doing.
FoggyOne

Postby pacoboy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:01 pm

True, but even still...the odds he had pocket ACES were TERMENDOUS.....and STILL I had a shot at the flop for a 3rd king.

....who knew if these hacks were like me and had no clue what they were doing.

I don't think Raymer himself would throw down pocket Kings w/o the flop on the table.

IMO, the risk was worth the reward....and I proved correct. The idiot who had the Aces and took down the hand stumbled his way to the final 3 (eventally lost). He bought so many pots that anyone in their right mind would have folded on it was incredible. Pot after pot he took it down either on a bluff OR on the flop....and all because he had mine and brad's money :evil:

ARGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pacoboy

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat