YIKES (AGAIN)!!! SHIFTING SANDS -- Dose #2

Postby FoggyOne » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:07 pm

So, if you put him on ACES hoping to flop a King, you are a 4.5 to 1 DOG? Calling an all in raise had to be giving you worse pot odds than that unless 3/4 of your chips were already in the Pot. You also could have put someone else on AK thus obliteratinmg one of your only two outs.

Raymer would have folded for sure.
FoggyOne

Postby Mr Baseball World » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:33 pm

Guys I will trade:

Clemente
Pendleton

If you have any interest let me know. They will be cheap.
Mr Baseball World

Postby pacoboy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:02 pm

wockenfuss, I never put him at ALL Aces...not for sure......you are leaving out the odds that he HAD all Aces.....What are the ODDS he has two ACES ?

1:663 ? ...or something like that ?

Now what are the odds he has 2 Aces when I have 2 Kings at the same time ? 1:1300 ????

...and What's the odds that a 3rd person has the OTHER 2 Kings ALSO AT THE SAME TIME :shock:

NOBODY folds w/ pocket kings before a flop. Not Raymer, not Helmuth, not Johnny Chen, not KGB, and not Foggyone.

:P
pacoboy

Postby FoggyOne » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:12 pm

all in raise after a huge raise and a call usually means Kings or Aces. Since you had Kings it would have been pretty logical to put him on Aces. Would have been a very tough lay down.

If you had Queens, you would have known they were no good. This is just an extension of that. BTW, deck must have been stacked. The chances of having AA, KK and KK on the same hand are astronomical. I ve seen AA versus KK plenty of times.
FoggyOne

Postby FoggyOne » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:32 pm

I did once. In an online tourney. I was chip leader and a short stack went all in to my right. I smooth called it looking to trap someone to my left. At first it worked and someone to my left went all in and then the guy second in chips went all in after that. I was pretty sure last raiser had Aces based of his tight play and reasoning that he wouldn't bet into me with anything other than a monster hand. Since I had KK, I didnt put him on AK and I knew he wouldn't play QQ that way in that kind of pot where I was already in the hand.....thus Aces. Good news is that the Aces got cracked by the short stacks whose suited connector hit a flush, and the Aces won a medium side pot.

Any other time KK=instacall.
FoggyOne

Postby STEPHENANDERSON 2 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:54 pm

[quote:6d0b919d33="pacoboy"]True, but even still...the odds he had pocket ACES were TERMENDOUS.....and STILL I had a shot at the flop for a 3rd king.

....who knew if these hacks were like me and had no clue what they were doing.

I don't think Raymer himself would throw down pocket Kings w/o the flop on the table.

IMO, the risk was worth the reward....and I proved correct. The idiot who had the Aces and took down the hand stumbled his way to the final 3 (eventally lost). He bought so many pots that anyone in their right mind would have folded on it was incredible. Pot after pot he took it down either on a bluff OR on the flop....and all because he had mine and brad's money :evil:

ARGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote:6d0b919d33]

I agree. What are the odds of what you just described.

Very unusual card split.
STEPHENANDERSON 2

Postby pacoboy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:56 pm

Sounds like you are a player Mr. Foggy.

You need to hook up w/ Brad007 and CharlieM2 (from that OTHER School :wink: )

...they play a high stakes regular game - too rich for my blood - up in the White Plains area.

You go knock heads w/ those boys and see what happens.
pacoboy

Postby FoggyOne » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:13 pm

I am decent tourney player. my cash game stinks like my pee after eating asparagus.
FoggyOne

Postby FoggyOne » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:14 pm

you can definitely tell charlie I gave the WSOP Poker Academy thumbs up. If he is interested, I can get him the info (and I get a referral bounty).
FoggyOne

Postby pacoboy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:15 pm

e-mail me the info and I'll pass along.
pacoboy

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat