YIKES (AGAIN)!!! SHIFTING SANDS -- Dose #2

Postby bigmahon » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:28 pm

I'm here; I've been here the whole time. I'm trying to figure a way out of the mess I've gotten myself into. :cry:

It looks like I'm going to have to kiss Hornsby goodbye. :roll:

It's gonna take me a bit more time to figure this out. Fortunately, I have time left.

How many moves (drops/adds) can I make to get myself into compliance?
bigmahon

Postby spicki17 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:19 pm

[quote:def1be8e30]How many moves (drops/adds) can I make to get myself into compliance? [/quote:def1be8e30]

none to my knowledge. you should pick players the rest of the way that fill the letters you need left and the decades you need left. as long as you dont have overlapping letters you shouldnt have an issue. im not saying that makes your team a CHAMPIONSHIP team again, but its what you have to do until waivers.

[b:def1be8e30]MEMPHIS[/b:def1be8e30] is on the clock for 2 picks, as both myself and modmark posted our picks.
spicki17

Postby bigmahon » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:39 pm

Sorry, why have I been skipped?
bigmahon

Postby Mr Baseball World » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:39 pm

It was my understanding that AP indicated you would be okay if the Candaleria drop, adding Criger worked economically for you that no other penalty was necessary. Am I wrong or is there then a money issue?
Mr Baseball World

Postby Mr Baseball World » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:41 pm

AP: Do I have to name a secret letter during the draft? If I have a secret double letter, do i always need two at that spot?
Mr Baseball World

Postby bigmahon » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:44 pm

[quote:a89a290140="Mr. Baseball World"]It was my understanding that AP indicated you would be okay if the Candaleria drop, adding Criger worked economically for you that no other penalty was necessary. Am I wrong or is there then a money issue?[/quote:a89a290140]
No, I'm cool with that, but I don't appear to be able to pick any other letters. I am now figuring out how to drop Hornsby and make that work for me.

Not trying to hold things up, but I am scrambling.

Still don't think my time expired though, unless I missed a clock change. I'm on the corner.
bigmahon

Postby MEAT » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:46 pm

bigm, you have several options...you could take ferris, make 'f' your letter and hornsby your dh, or pick up george winter and drop dick williams, criger candeleria would be easiest as far as secret letters etc...you can just fix 21 rule etc after the draft. if we keep this thing moving and get to me, I can swoop us into 24th and final rd. of this faze of the draft.
MEAT

Postby FoggyOne » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:50 pm

Meat: you cannot fix "21" rule after draft. You must draft a team that allows you to field a theme compliant team after 24 picks. That's what I all others have been doing.

...."I will sort it out later" is a BIG advantage. All of the rest of us drafted for compliance as we should. In so doing, we were hampered during the draft. For example, I haven't drafted Clete Boyer yet (my "1" 3B). Should I be able to take another "B" and grab him later? I think not. That would be give me an additional roster spot that other teams don't have to correct one (of the many) other drafting mistakes I made.

Heck, even Uncle can field a theme compliant team................
Last edited by FoggyOne on Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FoggyOne

Postby FoggyOne » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:51 pm

Big: Does a Criger/Candeleria swap leave you with not enough pitchers? What is the issue?
FoggyOne

Postby bigmahon » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:03 pm

As I said a few posts ago, I am unable to select players in my remaining letter groups. I am going to have to drop Hornsby (as per AP's penalty rule) and rejig. But it ain't easy! :shock:
bigmahon

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat