YIKES (AGAIN)!!! SHIFTING SANDS -- Dose #2

Postby Mr Baseball World » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:31 pm

I posted AP's proxy. Skip me. I need to figure whether and what I need for a compliant roster. I have focused so much on alphabet I have not been watching decade/defense. I will be able to comply but just need to see what I have to draft to make 21 work and make sure I have decade/astrology compliance.
Mr Baseball World

Postby rosenthm » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:58 pm

Modmark and Spicki, I just hot home so I'll make my next pick. Thanks for taking my proxies. I want to check a couple f things to assure compliance so there may be a change...

Looks like I missed a bunch of good stuff today! Wow!

I'll be around tonight if anyone needs to leave a proxy. Sure would be nice to finish this off quickly. I'll be gone tomorrow with limited access until late Sat night..
rosenthm

Postby bigmahon » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:09 pm

[quote:445bce5ab6]PENALTY - as I said before, and have read above, this THEME should not and WILL NOT interfere w/ any other theme....why ? Because if you come to a point in the draft were the only players available prohibit you from A) meeting the other theme requirement and/or B) meeting the salary cap then you will assessed a PENALTY. The PENALTY is that starting with your highest $ Drafted player (if during the regular season when you are subject to Uncle's cut rule then you must make whatever extra cuts you need to make to adhere to this rule), you throw that player back - NEVER TO BE ACQUIRED AGAIN EVER - and make another pick at that letter (or another if still available to you)....and continue until you have met all the other theme requirements - including this one.
[/quote:445bce5ab6]
My reading of AP's penalty is that Hornsby is done FOR GOOD.
bigmahon

Hornsby is kaput

Postby FoggyOne » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:16 pm

The pleasures of legislative history..............
FoggyOne

Postby bigmahon » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:28 pm

Apologies to all of you that thought you might have wanted Hornsby, but I can assure you that none of you are more disappointed than me. What a nice season long DH he would have been. :roll:
bigmahon

Since I MUST take Clete Boyer with 24th PIK

Postby FoggyOne » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:28 pm

Here is the summary of my compliance:

Alley (ERA)
Brouhard
Boyer
Collins (30s)
Dineen (ERA)(00s)
Elston
Frock
Garman
Holtzman (70s)
Johnson
Johnston (ERA)
Koufax (ERA) (60s)
Lefferts
Minoso (ERA) (50s)
Nossek (ERA)
Oleary (ERA)
Pankovitz
Ryan (ERA) (80s)
Sandberg (ERA)
Tunnell (ERA)
Vergez (ERA? JOHNNY)
Wheat (20s)
Willaims (40s)
Yost

Fielding/Opposites
c: Yost/Pankovits (platoon 1) (Opposite 1) (4/5)
1b Collins (3)
2b Sandberg (Opposite 2) (1)
SS O'Leary (Opposite 3) (1)
3b Clete Boyer (Opposite 4) (1)
LF Brouhard/Johnston (platoon 2) (4/3)
CF Wheat (4)
RF Minoso (opposite 5)(3)
DH Ted Williams

TOTALS 21/21
FoggyOne

Postby giddyup81 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:51 pm

i didn't think any of your 5 opposite players could be involved in a platoon like wock's catcher platoon?
giddyup81

Postby MEAT » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:12 pm

that was my understanding too...five straight opposite hitters who play both ways...for me in lefty league park...thats banks ss, valentine rf, davenport 3b, tenace c, chance dh....my .50 cf are butler, l.johnson, watkins...my two platoons are yaz/j.alou in lf...lopes/tbd at 2b...one straight lh hitter, klu. mix and match in cf to add up to 21 rule defensively vs rh and lh for starting lineup.
MEAT

Postby pacoboy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:23 pm

Sorry Bigmahon and thank you for digging up my RULE.

...saved me the time.

Though I will admit there was a TYPE-O in what I actually wrote and what I INTENDED to write, it's all in B&W and I agree 100% that Hornsby is now done.

...makes little diff now but I do need to use the PREVIEW button more before I hit SUBMIT :wink:
pacoboy

giddy is correct. here you go........and I was SOOO proud

Postby FoggyOne » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm

re post to come
FoggyOne

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat