YIKES (AGAIN)!!! SHIFTING SANDS -- Dose #2

Postby Mr Baseball World » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:28 pm

Foggy: Check the draft thread as well. If I understand it, memphis indicated that his last pick puts him over the cap???
Mr Baseball World

Postby modmark46 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:09 pm

Stumbling at the finish line, boys and girl. We seem to be bogged down as several have roster and/or cap issues. Does anyone feel that, when we finally DO complete this draft and actually start playing, that the season will be anticlimatic, compared to all the drama and turmoil this draft has created? What horror meister dreamed up this torture/perversion that is a Shifting Sands theme, anyway? Does he have a raven perched upon a skull over his computer, I wonder? :twisted: :wink:
modmark46

Postby rosenthm » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:55 am

Back in town and just catching up on emails, board postings, etc.

I agree with Modmark who posted the comment about being in the league is penalty enough. And I don't mean that in a partucularly negative way. The rules and the choices I've made give me an all "4" outfield with names I've never heard of. That's not a penalty but a result of choices I made at other positions. Re my Lundgren (Lowdermilk) pick: I really believe that losing my initial pick and having to take Lowdermilk is penalty enough. I intentionally left "L" as my last pick for a pitcher because there were several options left in that category. It was easy for me to go to the "L" list I had made and choose a cheaper player. The rules and explanation about the extra 10 MIL were a little confusing and as I said before I just figured the 10 MIL extra based on 24 and not 25. Then made the switch.

I do believe, however, that if errors are made before the AD, they should be fixed and not afterward...making everything work before the autodraft and after the live draft and stick picks, was part of the "penalty" of being in this league.

I'll be here checking in most of the day and evening. Everyone have a great day!

My Compliant Roster:

1B - W. McCovey (ERA, opp; 4; 60s)
2B - Anderson (.50 2b; 3; 70's)
3B - Schmidt (1 3B)
SS - Jackson / Burleson (Platoon; 1)
LF - Blefary (Opp; 4)
CF - C. WAlker (Opp; 4; 20's)
RF - Stahl / Thompson( Platoon; 4; both ERA; 10s/50's)
C - Dickey(Opp; 1; 30s)
DH - Gehrig(Opp; ERA)

Subs:

Henderson (90s)
A. Johnson (ERA)
Easler (80s)

Pitching:

Pierce (Opp; ERA)
Kerr (Opp)
Cicotte (ERA)
Lowdermilk
Flanagan (Opp starter only)
Rau (Opp starter only)
Zahniser

Niehaus
Osinski
Yerkes (ERA)

89.22 spent
rosenthm

Postby uncle ny » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:12 am

Hi Girl and Boys,

I haven't been around the thread in the last couple of days. REALLY happy that I've been missing the back and forth that I skimmed over this morning.

If there's any consensus taking, I give my proxy to Fog who really enjoys this part of this theme and in his infinite wisdom comes out most of the time w/ fair penalties (or none at all, if equity leads him that way).

Kindly email me when the Gene Michael portion of the draft commences.

:? :roll:
uncle ny

Update

Postby FoggyOne » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:51 pm

1) Big/AP: Please each post your position re Hornsby. BIG POST first. If BIG can explain his Alphabet issue in amanner consistent with others, IMO he should be able to keep Hornsby.

2) Each roster infraction will be corrected before stick picks. Each Team that needs a correction will be fined by having to DH both ways it 500K back-up against a team that was compliant FOR EACH move required to gain compliance.

3) Someone please post those which needed fixes (meat, marge, BigM...???)

4) MEMPHIS: you salary cap after round 24 is 90M. Working backwards, what would you have to do to gain compliance?
FoggyOne

Compliance Check

Postby FoggyOne » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:56 pm

1 - bigmahon - waiting on Hornsby resolution
2 - modmark - YES
3 - spicki - YES (subject to ERA confirmation)
4 - memphis - in trouble
5 - MRBBW - YES
6 - pacoboy - YES
7 - wockenfuss - YES
8 - rosenthm - ???? (needed fix) who is Nickel back-up?
9 - doctax -
10 - giddyup- YES
11 - Uncle NY - YES
12 - He's Meat - YES (Needed fix, amybe two fixes)
FoggyOne

Postby MEAT » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:31 pm

1 - bigmahon - waiting on Hornsby resolution
2 - modmark - YES
3 - spicki - YES (subject to ERA confirmation)
4 - memphis - in trouble
5 - MRBBW - YES
6 - pacoboy - YES
7 - wockenfuss - YES
8 - rosenthm - ???? (needed fix) who is Nickel back-up?
9 - doctax -
10 - giddyup- YES
11 - Uncle NY - YES
12 - He's Meat - YES (need to swap out reuther for rh starting pitcher)
MEAT

Postby MEAT » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:40 pm

and what's the penalty for waiting days for rounds to finish, or rulings to be made? when's this league ever gonna start? congrats to the people who drafted without making ONE mistake, then again I seem to recall in the midrounds several owners, including the commish having to correct a pick that someone else spotted was in violation. no shifting sands has ever been as complicated or difficult to conform to as this...yet we seem extordinarily prompt and emphatic when "cathcing" the perps, but sluggish and moribund on the day to day. modmark and I emplored not to go overboard on the penalties, espeicially at this phase, but whatever. the penalties have been and continue to be over the top in a league where screwups and random misinterpreatations are the norm...imho.
MEAT

Postby bigmahon » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:55 pm

For the record, I only want Hornsby back if that would be consistent with what's happened elsewhere. Definitely not looking for any special threatment.

So here's the story (again). I first realized that I had a Pilgrim issue. None of the Pilgrims left when I realized this were possible at that time, due to money restrictions. So I dropped Candelaria (who I very much wanted) to pick up Criger. I then came up against the "24" rule, and by Round 22 (I think) could no longer find a friendly letter. So I did what I thought the rule stipulated, and dropped Hornsby. That's it really.

I would like to get on with it also, so please let me know what the decision is.
bigmahon

Postby rosenthm » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:28 pm

Sorry I missed the 2nd base nickle backup thing. That wasn't even on my radar!

The easiest fix will be to drop Dave Henderson, sub, and pick up Terry Harper an under the mendoza line 2nd baseman. I don't think anyone has Harper.

If someone already has Harper, then I've got major shifting to do and will need to shift several players, letters, etc.

Question: If Harper is available and I drop Henderson. I'll pick up about 3 MIL. Can I upgrade to a different player after the draft if I stay in compliance?

Also, I do not have a backup catcher, yet. Can I pick a scrub that I intend to drop immediately and pick up a back-up catcher that will keep me in compliance?
rosenthm

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat