Champs League is Full - Good Luck Fellas!

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:19 am

Yeah, I got lucky a bit to grab a second win. The 6-0 comeback into a 8-7 win was huge. The three scoreless innings of Romero was key. He faced 9 hitters, allowed 3 singles and a walk, and still got 9 outs!!! Thanks to 3 double-plays and 1 pick-off.

You gotta love those 1s in the middle of the field!!
MARCPELLETIER

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:54 am

Man, I was one inning away from sweeping qksilver!!! Guardardo against Chris Singleton, about 5 chances out of zillions to have a hit, and he got a 2-run rbi single** (after my cf stupidly let the potential winning run get to second base by throwing at homeplate :x ).

Won't be easy against Bombers, at MM, with Sexson and Thomas both on the injury list :oops: :oops:

With Spicki finally turned the engine on... :?

edit: Well, Bombers lost Cabrera too, so I guess things even out along the way.
MARCPELLETIER

Postby stevep107 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:14 am

[quote:3699643ae6]Stevep achieved to be 11-7 despite allowing 33 HRs while producing 16 HRs. Allowing so much HRs will soon have an effect on the losing record. So I see in the near future maligned occupying first place, a few games in front of Bombers getting better and stevep getting on the decline,[/quote:3699643ae6]

It doesn't bother me that my team has given up more HR's than I have hit. In fact, my pitching staff has been designed to minimise WHIP which, by definition, will increase the number of HRs given up (but there should be fewer base runners on base when these HRs are hit - meaning that fewer runs will be scored).

If someone has a conclusive argument that shows that lots of HRs = more wins, please share it with me because I haven't seen it (and I am not convinced).

While an argument might be made that my team is better suited to other LH stadiums (like PNC), I think Deja Vu will perform well in Ameriquest.
stevep107

Postby maligned » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:58 am

I agree with you, Steve...low WHIP teams that get out-homered actually win quite often. I think Marcus's point is just what you alluded to at the end of your remark: Will your low-WHIP/high-OBP team (seemingly a pitchers' park team) be successful over the long haul in a park that gives advantages to pitchers that don't allow HRs and hitters with plenty of BP HRs? So far, definitely so good--the design just bucks some common trends. I'm actually quite fascinated by your personnel/park combo, and I'm curious to see how you'll hold up running into so much lefty pitching out of our division. I have a feeling you'll be fine.
maligned

Postby cummings2 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:49 am

I knew my team would struggle outside the division...but 5-10 with A-Rod being outhit by Ronnie Belliard?

...hmmm...let's hope I don't get one of [i:2ad87f94f7]those[/i:2ad87f94f7] seasons from the 13 Mil man.
cummings2

Postby kaviksdad » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:53 am

See you next year boys - :evil:
kaviksdad

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:10 pm

ARod chocking when it counts? How can that be possible...
MARCPELLETIER

Postby cummings2 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:26 pm

:lol:
cummings2

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:33 am

Ouch! Getting my a$s pretty kicked hard!!!

With my road trip continuing yet for another night... :cry:

Cordero feels homesick.

In the East, stevep continues his magic as Capuano takes first place in the votings for the Cy-Young. Actually, lefty pitching is dominating the league, with mcsoupy staff showing the way in the Central as well. Qksilver and cummings showing some good things too. I feel sad for cminton. His pitching staff is definitively not this bad.

To come back with the East, Bombers as expected showed more grip outside his division, but he needs to win with much more consistency. If Bombers is not in lead of his division by the time the intradivisional games resumed, well, he won't make the playoffs!! The clock is already ticking!!

In the West, well let's see it this way: one of these statements IS TRUE: which one will it be?
1-spicki .556 winning record is indicative of a 90-win team fighting for a place in the playoffs;
2-spicki .675 pythogarian record is indicative of a 110-wins team dominating the league;
3-Doug Davis 9.19 ERA is indicative of a pitching who will break the ALL-TIME-STRAT record for most runs allowed in a season.
4-Santana 1-5 is indicative of a pitcher who will end the season with 4-22.
MARCPELLETIER

I'm a bit shocked. . . .

Postby mcsoupy » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:09 am

I have been busy with work and now just checked these threads to read all of the predictions, and I must say I'm a bit shocked.

I didn't like my team following the draft, thought I had made some "blunders", and you all have me winning the Central (pretty interesting to me).

I think that my ballpark choice really helped my team, and I have Marcus to thank for that, but I still didn't like my team as well as some others. . . .

I really like Steve's team (I did after the first 5 rounds of the draft and I still do). I also like Marcu's team, and QK. QK has some underperforming players, I can see him making a run. . .

Anyway, here is to a good season, and KaviksDad, you are do for a serious comeback. . .
mcsoupy

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship