The Original USKL -- TSN Version 2011 (Chat Room)

Postby cirills » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:16 am

Sorry.

I meant to say in my last post that a league wide mailing will be going out at the start of next week.

As it is, I actually have more time for such things now ON THE ROAD than at home.

We made an offer that was accepted on a home for us to move in and are looking to close by the time I get back from this upcoming road trip.

Thanks for your patience.

Sandy
cirills

Postby cummings2 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:22 am

[quote:fa8757036e]We made an offer that was accepted on a home for us to move in and are looking to close by the time I get back from this upcoming road trip. [/quote:fa8757036e]

Good Stuff Stands,

Congrats 8)
cummings2

Postby MICHAELJURACEK » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:13 am

The stars aligned for me this year, and I'll probably never have a better overall roster.

I have to thank the guy who initially drafted this team. I can't even remember who he was, but he built one hell of a foundation. Beltran, Howard, Santana, Peavy, and Kazmir all came via the initial draft.

Now onward.
MICHAELJURACEK

Postby kaviksdad » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:17 pm

JDEarly was the creator of your powerhouse...too bad he couldn't stay around to enjoy the rewards :lol:
kaviksdad

Postby fowldawg » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:21 am

Hey Gang,

While Bubba has started with a 2-0 lead in the World Series wanted to remind the rest of you that our Supplemental Draft is around the corner.

Make sure you revisit our CHARTER and pay special attention to Rule 5 which states:

5. Between Season One and Season Two of a carded year there will be a 3 Round Supplemental Draft in which any available player left over from the Free Agent Draft at the start of the year is eligible to be now taken. Before entering the Supplemental Draft, a team must drop as many players that it wishes to redraft (up to 3) prior to the start of the Supplemental Draft, and these players are eligible then to be drafted as well.

***NOTE*** If a roster is UNDER the 40 man capacity, it may choose to use Supplemental Round picks to get back to 40 man capacity, but unlike the Free Agent Draft, there IS a 3-round MAXIMUM in place. Thus, you will NOT be able to swap out 3 players AND fill out an undersized roster. You may of course trade for another owner's Supplemental Draft picks and thus have more rounds that way, but you will never be able to have greater than a 40 man roster.

Note this is different thatn the HCKL rules so for those of you in both please keep that in mind.

In addition, you will have the chnace to change your stadium as well so make sure to include that in your drops if you are wishing to change.

That however, will be done in a separate draft which will actually take place before the Supplemental Draft.

10. At the start of each season of play you may choose to stay in the park you just played in, or choose to play in another park. You will be required to announce your decision prior to the start of either the upcoming Supplemental or Free Agent Drafts and a subsequent Stadium draft will ensue for those teams wishing to switch, run in the SAME ORDER as the upcoming player draft.

THAT order is determined by the following:

6. After our first season of play in a given year, the Divisions will be realigned for the following season (AND the ORDER OF THE SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT) based on the Win/Loss pct. of the prior season. Any ties will be broken by; 1. Head to Head results and if need be; 2. Greatest positive RS-RA differential. The league will be formed such that the EAST will be teams 1-4, the CENTRAL 5-8 and the WEST 9-12.

Thus, the USKL Divisions for the following year will be:

EAST
Bubba Hotep - NYA
Nythawk - OAK
Qksilver - DET
Fowldawg - HOU (CHANGING)

CENTRAL
Detroit-Tigers - TOR
Sandlotshrink - ATL (CHANGING)
Ninersphan - CHA
Kaviksdad - CIN

WEST
AF Dickie -
Cubit -
Stoney18 -
Cummings2 -
fowldawg

Postby cirills » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:28 pm

Leaguewide e-mail sent out last night!!

Please check in.

Thanks.

Start submitting your drops here (Remember only 3 drops MAX in USKL).

Sandy
cirills

clarification, missed trade

Postby qksilver69 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:43 pm

Sandy - since I traded my Rnd 1 pick, can u refresh my memory on how it works for me? I need to drop at least 1 to cover for the pick I traded to DT, but if I want to pick up 3 players, can I get a pick at the end of the draft? LMK.

Also, I think you missed the trade between me & Mike J, I have JJ Hardy now & Mike J has my 1st round pick in next year's FA draft. I dropped Alberto Callaspo to make that happen & Mike J emptied a roster slot as a result.

Thx!
qksilver69

Postby cirills » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:08 pm

You need to drop at least one player to cover your trade to D-T (per the Fowldawg Corollary)

In USKL, there is a hard [b:3a97707ff1]3 round maximum in place[/b:3a97707ff1].

Since you traded one of your picks away -- by definition then you will NOT be able to get 3 players back. In USKL, you can only use the Supp Draft to get back up to a 40 man roster if you have an undersized roster [i:3a97707ff1][b:3a97707ff1]heading in[/b:3a97707ff1][/i:3a97707ff1] and only if you have 37 or more players.

The only way you can get more picks then is to trade for someone else's pick.

But the key here is [b:3a97707ff1]ONLY 36 players maximum [/b:3a97707ff1]will be taken in this draft.

You are right about the missed trade however, and I will send out a revised roster sheet tomorrow.

Thanks,

Sandy

PS I guess the moral here is that Supp. Draft picks are gold in the USKL and should be treated as such.

And on that subject, [b:3a97707ff1]GREG NORTON is available [/b:3a97707ff1](for a team looking to make a run in the 2nd season) [b:3a97707ff1]in exchange for a pick [/b:3a97707ff1]and perhaps a player to boot.
cirills

got it

Postby qksilver69 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:38 am

Thanks Sandy. The following players from my roster are therefore available in return for a pick in this draft:

Ryan Garko 1B
Feliciano RP
Dellucci OF
Tankersley RP

Others might be available as well, LMK if interested.
qksilver69

Postby Ninersphan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:03 am

Sandy, I need you to resend roster to my NEW e-mail address:

SF49ersphan*******
**********@aol.com
Thanks,

after I look at it, I MAY have intrest in Feliciano qk,

Given Rolen and Crede's season thus far I'm also desperatly seeking a 3b, and would be willing to part with a pick here for the RIGHT one.
Ninersphan

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat